Well, the Lakers got AD. As much as I hate LBJ, I like AD almost as much. I wouldn't have given-up what the Lakers did to get him, but in their position, I understand. They still have room for another "big" player, and I certainly hope it's not Kemba, as is the latest rumor. I don't see how any ball-dominant guy like him would fit with the other two. I'd love to see Tobias Harris in purple and gold. He proved he's willing to take a back seat offensively while offering a nice all-around game. I'd say Butler, but I don't think he'd like the drama LA offers. Brogdon is a personal favorite who I think would be a great fit, but see the Lakers going for a more "name" 3rd wheel.
6/15/2019 10:32 PM
Posted by 24kpyrite on 5/16/2019 6:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by quaker128 on 5/16/2019 1:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 5/16/2019 9:04:00 AM (view original):
Posted by quaker128 on 5/15/2019 3:48:00 PM (view original):
As a Hornets fan they are decidedly f*cked regardless of what they do. Ownership's decision to constantly pursue the 8 seed kept them from trading Kemba last year and now they are in cap hell with a terrible roster. If I could I would keep Bridges and blow the rest up.
You wouldn't keep Lamb?
Good point. If we're starting from a clean slate I would want to keep him but he's a FA and will command a higher price than he's worth so with the Hornets up against the cap I've already written him off. Also, I've seen the man eat a wing and take it with him into the restroom. I can forgive a beer but finger food?!?!
Unforgivable
i'm sure he was just, there's a garbage right inside the door, taking care of it in a responsible manner
6/15/2019 10:37 PM
Do it Kyrie. Crush the Warriors/Rockets/Clippers hopes.
6/16/2019 12:31 PM
LAL = Lebron, Brow, Kuz and (depending on who you ask and certain other variables) anywhere from 23 to 32m to spend next month - assuming that they can actually get to that top end number are they better off going for the one big fish or going after 2 or 3 support dudes (like a Brook Lopez for instance)
6/17/2019 11:40 AM
well, if they go for a top end FA, they will not have much left for a bench. That can be trouble (as we saw with the Warriors) if someone gets hurt.
6/17/2019 12:04 PM
and meanwhile the Raptors just won a title with one stud and bunch of OK/decent guys
6/17/2019 1:05 PM
I really hope AD does what his agent says he will and files for free agency after the season. As a Laker hater I'd love to see them give up all of that for 1 season of AD.
6/17/2019 2:34 PM
Filing for FA and leaving for another team are far from the same thing.

I get a kick out of the fact the Lakers haven't been good in over a handful of seasons yet people still hate them so.

The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents.

Salvador Dal

6/17/2019 2:48 PM
Posted by copernicus on 6/17/2019 1:05:00 PM (view original):
and meanwhile the Raptors just won a title with one stud and bunch of OK/decent guys
And one massive and one untimely injury for the other team....
6/17/2019 3:01 PM
Posted by all3 on 6/17/2019 2:48:00 PM (view original):

I get a kick out of the fact the Lakers haven't been good in over a handful of seasons yet people still hate them so.

Salvador Dal

Bah, I don't hate the "Lakers" as much as I hate LBJ and his style of passive-aggressive GM-killing management.
6/17/2019 3:03 PM
Posted by all3 on 6/17/2019 2:48:00 PM (view original):

Salvador Dal

hate is the wrong term. I don' think I actually hate anyone, last of all a sports team. But as a long time Knicks and Warrior fans, the Lakers are natural rivals and I dislike them. Same applies to any LA sports teams. And any Boston sports team. LeBron being there adds to the dislike. He's a great player and it seems he does some good things off the court as well, but what a whiner!!
6/17/2019 4:02 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 6/17/2019 2:34:00 PM (view original):
I really hope AD does what his agent says he will and files for free agency after the season. As a Laker hater I'd love to see them give up all of that for 1 season of AD.
um...? Either I missed something or I think you may have misread something somewhere - His agent has been very public in saying the only place he intended to sign was with the Lakers
6/17/2019 7:38 PM
Also the Lakers only have one actual rival in any meaningful sense* - the Warriors are Johnny-Come-Latelys and the Knicks haven't been relevant since Clyde and Pearl

in terms of long term inter franchise dislike, bad blood, hate ala Dodgers v Giants, USC v Notre Dame, Yankees v Red Sox level rivalry there is only the Celtics
6/17/2019 7:43 PM
At first I felt the Lakers should spread the remaining cap room among a few Danny Green/Seth Curry types. After thinking about Pelinka, he is not the type to string all those moves together so going for the big fish might be best for the Lakers. However, if the number is 23 million it will be difficult to find a big enough fish.
6/17/2019 10:15 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 6/17/2019 2:34:00 PM (view original):
YES!

stick it to em

and if James could break his leg christmas day that would work out even better
6/18/2019 12:23 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.