I dont think they were the second best team even when they went to the finals and lost to Hakeem
6/19/2019 2:31 PM
There was a 4 to 5 year span where they were unquestionably (to me--I unlike many here understand what opinion means) 2nd best.

Bottom line, I don't consider that irrelevant and that is the original concept of challenge.
6/19/2019 2:38 PM
actually the original post posited that the Knicks were in some ways rivals to the Lakers - my response was that they haven't been since back in the early 70s - there is no history of back and forth anything between the teams since then

the whole second best team thing was a misprision and rerouting of the conversation after that
6/19/2019 2:46 PM
lately the Knicks suck, but they are in a very large market and they are trying to improve. Of course the way they run that franchise, tryingdes not mean they will succeed.
6/19/2019 3:21 PM
Posted by edsortails on 6/19/2019 2:38:00 PM (view original):
There was a 4 to 5 year span where they were unquestionably (to me--I unlike many here understand what opinion means) 2nd best.

Bottom line, I don't consider that irrelevant and that is the original concept of challenge.
Come on man, you said "consistently 2nd best". Sure you can now say that was just your opinion, but their is really nothing factual or statistical to support that opinion. Just admit you hyperbolized to try to win people to your way of thinking. Were they relevant? I'd say so, but they certainly were not consistently 2nd best.
6/19/2019 3:57 PM
Posted by copernicus on 6/19/2019 2:46:00 PM (view original):
actually the original post posited that the Knicks were in some ways rivals to the Lakers - my response was that they haven't been since back in the early 70s - there is no history of back and forth anything between the teams since then

the whole second best team thing was a misprision and rerouting of the conversation after that
Your wording was the Knicks havent been relevant since Clyde.....

my response was based on that, if your intent was in specific relation to the Lakers, then I guess the rest is moot.
6/19/2019 4:27 PM
Posted by copernicus on 6/19/2019 11:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by pharrop on 6/18/2019 4:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by copernicus on 6/18/2019 9:57:00 AM (view original):
Posted by pharrop on 6/17/2019 10:15:00 PM (view original):
At first I felt the Lakers should spread the remaining cap room among a few Danny Green/Seth Curry types. After thinking about Pelinka, he is not the type to string all those moves together so going for the big fish might be best for the Lakers. However, if the number is 23 million it will be difficult to find a big enough fish.
I think something like Darren Collison - Danny Green - Brook Lopez would be pretty ideal
You should probably be helping Pelinka. That would be a contending team. AD plays the 4 which is something one hears is important to him. Just not sure how much Lopez is going to cost after the season he had. Going to get a big raise one would think. I heard him on the Lowe podcast back in the Winter and he claimed he was kind of surprised LA did not bring him back. He is kind of perfect for LeBron...certainly more so than Javale McGee.
maybe Rubio over Collison? pass first, better D but you lose a little shooting which is kind of vital
Not sure they would get full value with Rubio. Will be lots of LBJ/AD pick and rolls...Collison would be better for spacing. Then, when LeBron is off the floor, Collison can run the offense. I think the shooting wins over the better D and passing of Rubio.

In event, seems like they are clearing the deck to have the 32M ready for a star...not agreeing with our well thought out plan.
6/19/2019 4:30 PM
Posted by all3 on 6/19/2019 3:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by edsortails on 6/19/2019 2:38:00 PM (view original):

Come on man, you said "consistently 2nd best". Sure you can now say that was just your opinion, but their is really nothing factual or statistical to support that opinion. Just admit you hyperbolized to try to win people to your way of thinking. Were they relevant? I'd say so, but they certainly were not consistently 2nd best.
I think they were. You don't. Good for us.

6/19/2019 4:30 PM
Posted by pharrop on 6/19/2019 4:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by copernicus on 6/19/2019 11:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by pharrop on 6/18/2019 4:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by copernicus on 6/18/2019 9:57:00 AM (view original):
Posted by pharrop on 6/17/2019 10:15:00 PM (view original):
At first I felt the Lakers should spread the remaining cap room among a few Danny Green/Seth Curry types. After thinking about Pelinka, he is not the type to string all those moves together so going for the big fish might be best for the Lakers. However, if the number is 23 million it will be difficult to find a big enough fish.
I think something like Darren Collison - Danny Green - Brook Lopez would be pretty ideal
You should probably be helping Pelinka. That would be a contending team. AD plays the 4 which is something one hears is important to him. Just not sure how much Lopez is going to cost after the season he had. Going to get a big raise one would think. I heard him on the Lowe podcast back in the Winter and he claimed he was kind of surprised LA did not bring him back. He is kind of perfect for LeBron...certainly more so than Javale McGee.
maybe Rubio over Collison? pass first, better D but you lose a little shooting which is kind of vital
Not sure they would get full value with Rubio. Will be lots of LBJ/AD pick and rolls...Collison would be better for spacing. Then, when LeBron is off the floor, Collison can run the offense. I think the shooting wins over the better D and passing of Rubio.

In event, seems like they are clearing the deck to have the 32M ready for a star...not agreeing with our well thought out plan.
I'll give Rob a call
6/19/2019 5:37 PM
Dedmon and Collison are two guys who seem like good, and reasonably priced, fits for the Lakers (to me), but I haven't heard either linked to them. Maybe I should call Rob.
6/22/2019 12:59 PM
Any word on where Ariza will go and how much he is worth? Perfect for Lakers, but maybe too expensive.
6/23/2019 12:14 PM
Well, looks like Collison is off the market.
6/29/2019 9:07 AM
Kahwi is a Clipper and who saw the PG13 trade coming?

Lakers signed Danny Green, Boogie Cousins and a bunch of other dudes this afternoon
7/6/2019 3:20 PM
I for one did not see it coming. Along with many "experts". Kudos to the Clips and the Thunder for keeping it under wraps in this everything makes social media era.

Well we had Danny Green as a target so that is a plus. Boogie will stay in line with AD and LeBron around. Hopefully, Boogie rehabs successfully and gets back closer to pre-injury form. McGee and KCP...well the pickings were slim. Quinn Cook showed be something the last two playoff runs. He should help off the bench. Certainly a formidable team.

I think the talent is spread out and should bring about a competitive season. Albeit, not including OKC.
7/6/2019 3:34 PM
BWAH HAH! HAH! HAH! Houston and OKC CP3/Westbrook/Harden... just perfect
7/11/2019 10:56 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.