FC Dynasty Cup II - Rushmore FC, Champion Topic

Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/19/2019 1:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by swampdragonz on 7/18/2019 5:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/17/2019 10:18:00 AM (view original):
We are finally down to the last two teams. Swamp City and Rushmore may schedule the home and away series at their convenience. There is no time limit and, other than aggregate goals, no tiebreakers. For the purpose of the tiebreaker, Swamp City Dragons will be designated as HEADS and Rushmore FC will be designated as TAILS. I'll post the coin flip results after the first game is completed.

For the L'Orteil D'or , Arley Movsisyan is in the driver's seat and needs only one more goal to effectively clinch the honor. Not bad for guy in his 70s.

Best of luck to the two finalists as you fight for the FC Dynasty Cup!
Fiorillo for Rushmore is only 2 goals back. His teammate Warde and Movsisyan 's Larentowicz are longshots at 4 off the pace
bert posted that Fiorillo retired when his world rolled over (right after the Group Stage ended.) The race is really Movisyan's to lose.
Just lost my 2nd best middie Blacknall to career ending injury
7/21/2019 7:58 AM
Posted by swampdragonz on 7/21/2019 7:58:00 AM (view original):
We are finally down to the last two teams. Swamp City and Rushmore may schedule the home and away series at their convenience. There is no time limit and, other than aggregate goals, no tiebreakers. For the purpose of the tiebreaker, Swamp City Dragons will be designated as HEADS and Rushmore FC will be designated as TAILS. I'll post the coin flip results after the first game is completed.

For the L'Orteil D'or , Arley Movsisyan is in the driver's seat and needs only one more goal to effectively clinch the honor. Not bad for guy in his 70s.

Fiorillo for Rushmore is only 2 goals back. His teammate Warde and Movsisyan 's Larentowicz are longshots at 4 off the pace
bert posted that Fiorillo retired when his world rolled over (right after the Group Stage ended.) The race is really Movisyan's to lose.
I have never had a career-ending injury. Now that I've said that, my entire team will die in a plane crash or something.
7/21/2019 6:17 PM
The first game of the finals is now complete as the series moves to Rushmore's home pitch. Arley Movsisyan needs a goal to wrap up the L'Orteil D'or, otherwise the award will end up as a tie (I'd use assists as a tiebreaker but WIS doesn't track them.)

Just in case Dragons wins the second game by three goals, I have generated a coin flip to determine the host of the first tiebreaker game. Back on the 17th, I designated Swamp City as HEADS and Rushmore was assigned TAILS. Random.org used a Swiss Franc and did 10 flips. Here is the result:

You flipped 10 coins of type Swiss 2 Franc:

Timestamp: 2019-07-22 01:23:27 UTC

Tails wins 7-3, so Rushmore would host the first tiebreaker game, if necessary.

7/21/2019 9:30 PM (edited)
Thanks for a super-fun and extremely well-run tournament gomiami!
7/24/2019 2:32 PM
Posted by bert_fischer on 7/24/2019 2:32:00 PM (view original):
You're welcome and I'm very happy you enjoyed it. Pass that on to others you play FC Dynasty with. Word of mouth is about the only tool I have to grow this tournament. Hopefully, you'll come back and defend your title!
7/24/2019 3:22 PM
This will be the final FC Dynasty Cup II post, officially ending the competition. Of course, if you have any feedback, please post it here or send me a sitemail.

With 16 teams from six worlds and no direct way to communicate through the FC Dynasty game itself, this tournament, once again, went off almost without a hitch. That only happens with the help from all of you that participated. My sincere thanks for making FC Dynasty Cup II an unequivocal success.

Based on the way the calendar is setting up, bert_fischer will have until late September to polish his trophy and bask in the aura of his accomplishment. A week or so after the US Labor Day weekend (Sept 2,) I will create a new forum thread and begin the sign-up period for FC Dynasty Cup III. Group stage should be underway by no later than October 1. In the meantime, enjoy your league play and I hope to see all of you in the next tournament.

Until next time, when a new set of teams spanning the FC Dynasty universe get together to contest the ultimate prize - the FC Dynasty Cup! See you in September.
7/24/2019 10:55 PM (edited)
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/24/2019 10:35:00 PM (view original):
Championship Results
The Championship will consist of the Finals and, if possible, will be updated after the 7:00pm game each night. Individual game results show the home team always to the LEFT of the bracketed score. A full explanation to determine the winner for the Championship can be found in the Tournament Format and Rules post above. Numbers in bold between team names represent aggregate goals. Away goals are not used as a tiebreaker in this final stage. Since the Championship has no time frame, tiebreaker games, if necessary, will be played until a champion is crowned. All games complete.

FC Dynasty Cup II
Swamp City Dragons......2 : 5......Rushmore FC
Swamp City Dragons [1 : 4] Rushmore FC; Rushmore FC [1 : 1] Swamp City Dragons

Rushmore FC, despite losing its two best tournament goal scorers due to retirement just before the knockout stage, has shown the form of a Champion and has been awarded the second FC Dynasty Cup. Between now and the start of FC Dynasty Cup III, Rushmore FC and bert_fischer have all the glory, in excelsis.

Congratulations also to Swamp City Dragons and sd69 for claiming the runner-up spot. The inaugural
L'Orteil D'or ends up in a tie between Francisco Paraguez and Arley Movsisyan as the 75 yr old Movsisyan fails to tally in the finals.

Without further ado, the hardware will now be distributed to their rightful owners.

Champion - Rushmore FC (bert_fischer World 59)

.................Runner-up - Swamp City Dragons (sd69 World 64)
........ L'Orteil D'or - Francisco Paraguez (The Shield of the Cow) and Arley Movsisyan (Swamp City Dragons)
Congrats Rushmore FC and bert_fischer on the title.

My man
Movsisyan and his blinding speed of 9 couldn't keep up in the finals
7/24/2019 11:19 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/21/2019 6:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by swampdragonz on 7/21/2019 7:58:00 AM (view original):

I have never had a career-ending injury. Now that I've said that, my entire team will die in a plane crash or something.
My Scottish team in W-90 Swampdragons have has at least 6 or 7 including 3 seasons in a row my top defender. The last one of the three scored a hat trick in his last game by like the thirtieth minute one minute later knee blown retired
7/24/2019 11:36 PM
Posted by bert_fischer on 7/24/2019 2:32:00 PM (view original):
Totally agree. Great tourney

Swamp County will be back to defend their top losers trophy as will Movsisyan
7/25/2019 2:50 AM
◂ Prev 1234
FC Dynasty Cup II - Rushmore FC, Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.