Future Veteran's Committee elections Topic

the nam cash 1961 season was a corker.
6/4/2019 9:00 PM
Posted by dino27 on 6/4/2019 9:00:00 PM (view original):
the nam cash 1961 season was a corker.
I always thought there should be a single season wing of the HOF with guys like 1996 Brady Anderson, 1985 Dwight Gooden, 1961 Norm Cash, 1968 Denny McLain, etc.
6/11/2019 3:27 PM (edited)
I dont like that idea...my brief thoughts-
1.i1.i would respect larussas opinion much more than a lot of these writers who dont even cover bb.
I would probably not vote for Baines but 2870 hits with a .289 BA shouldnt be scoffed at.He played 14 seasons with Chisox;which is always a plus over lebron james types who jump from team to team.And i think possibly you should consider in one of the great baseball cities of this country-chicago-over the last 60 yrs the cubs and chisox have had similar mediocre success yet there are numerous cubs in the Hall but only 2 chisox
2.Lastly on Dale Murphy and Lofton;i get tired of people lumping CF's in with other OFs.Thats why i would probably vote for Lofton and Edmonds and maybe Murphy
6/13/2019 11:00 AM
Posted by farleyfustle on 6/13/2019 11:00:00 AM (view original):
I dont like that idea...my brief thoughts-
1.i1.i would respect larussas opinion much more than a lot of these writers who dont even cover bb.
I would probably not vote for Baines but 2870 hits with a .289 BA shouldnt be scoffed at.He played 14 seasons with Chisox;which is always a plus over lebron james types who jump from team to team.And i think possibly you should consider in one of the great baseball cities of this country-chicago-over the last 60 yrs the cubs and chisox have had similar mediocre success yet there are numerous cubs in the Hall but only 2 chisox
2.Lastly on Dale Murphy and Lofton;i get tired of people lumping CF's in with other OFs.Thats why i would probably vote for Lofton and Edmonds and maybe Murphy
Well, the White Sox have one of the biggest omissions from the HOF, Shoeless Joe.

Harold Baines was a compiler due to mediocre longevity. The fact he never garnered much more than 6% on the BBWAA ballot tells you all you need to know about his candidacy.

The fact he was the 6th best player on a 6 player VC ballot is just astounding that he got elected. Belle, Clark, Carter, and Hershiser would've been much better selections.
6/14/2019 1:59 AM
◂ Prev 12345
Future Veteran's Committee elections Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.