new progressive league Topic

i finally found the NBA&ABA player directory on basketballrefrence.com and its combined, this will make things a whole lot easier.
they have an index of letters sorted by last name and its grouped 20 players at a time, easier counting for me

to my surprise there has never been a player with a last name that started with the letter x

i will randomly find a letter 1-25 or i might group a few together need to look through the index more cause i see there has only been 26 players with a last name starting with I.
since im not using wis anymore players generated will not have the year they were discovered next to there name anymore

6/7/2019 1:59 AM
ive been thinking about the concern of lack of minuets

what should be the minimum requirement for IR 500/1000. i will add that many more players to the pool for guys who start there career on IR or
i was thinking guys who have a rookie season who have the required minuets to be put on IR will start in the next season with minuets above IR status
ex. deandre jordan rookie season has 771 min. he will start with a (2) and will skip his rookie year and no IR in his first year. (only applies to rookies)

if a guy has multiple years in a row that follow his rookie year with the required minuets for IR he will start with a non IR eligible year. but any player that plays his rookie year will be put on IR with any eligible minuets for IR

ex.1 if we decide to IR with 1000 minuets demarre carroll will skip from 09-12 and will start from his third eligible season on wis the 12-13 season. and will look like this in our starting player pool or in a draft class as demarre carroll (3) and a player will not be generated to take his place

ex.2 if we use 500 min for IR demarre carroll will start his career in his rookie year and will be on IR from 10-12
demarre carroll doesnt have a 10-11 season and will probably look like demarre carroll (1.5) in the second year of this progressive

if we decide to use any of these ideas should we use this for just the starting pool or for all upcoming draft classes?

6/7/2019 2:47 AM (edited)
i would participate but i am to confused by the concept, maybe i am just old and slow?
6/8/2019 10:59 AM
Posted by ronsouth1 on 6/8/2019 10:59:00 AM (view original):
i would participate but i am to confused by the concept, maybe i am just old and slow?
I think in a nutshell it’s a progressive where the player pool isn’t determined by year/season. So instead of “all players who played in 72-73 are available to draft and will start in 72-73 and progress forward” (normal progressive), the inaugural pool will instead be a large pool (so we can all draft a 12 man roster) but the pool will be made up of random pulls and we’d all be selecting from the same list of available rookies. This could be anywhere from rookie Wes Unseld to rookie Malik Monk.

So you might draft (examples pulled out of my ***) rookie Larry Bird in the 1st, rookie Chris Webber in the 2nd, rookie Nic Batum in the 3rd, rookie Gail Goodrich in the 4th and rookie Harrison Barnes in the 5th and have them all grow together.

Then in the offseason, worst teams are in the lotto, draft is ordered by inverse record (like normal) and a new random pool of incoming rookies is added so you can add a rookie to your now 2nd year Bird, 2nd year Webber, etc...

I think I have it right but correct me if I’m wrong
6/8/2019 11:26 AM
Posted by ronsouth1 on 6/8/2019 10:59:00 AM (view original):
DBKC has got it right on. the only thing i might add is. im thinking of avoiding IR rookie years, that means not all players will enter the league as there rookie version of themselves as in my example above. using a 1000 min IR demarre carroll will enter the league and player pool in his third season, which i see shouldnt make a difference as DBKC has said not every player will progress on the same timeline as a normal progressive. and his year wont stand out from every other player. i think this will greatly help minuet concerns.
any rookie that plays there rookie year will not skip any IR years

would like to hear any suggestions or advice from you
6/8/2019 2:50 PM
◂ Prev 12
new progressive league Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.