1946 VICTORY LEAGUE Progressive - FULL Topic

Here's a real "What if" progressive idea I've been sitting on for a while. I think now is the right time to launch it, so I'm looking for 15 other quality owners interested in a getting in on the ground floor of a brand new progressive and sticking around for a while. I'm hoping to find owners in it for the long haul.

Here's the concept:

WHAT IF.... after Pearl Harbor, the National and American Leagues ceased operations and disbanded before the 1942 season?

When the war ends in Europe and the Pacific in 1945, 16 owners from across the USA come together to form a brand new league, the VICTORY LEAGUE, and begin play in the Spring of 1946.

Basics: 16 teams. 4 divisions, no interleague play
No cap, no DH, no AAA, no WW, no injuries, no clones.

Draft order will be random and format will be serpentine (1-16, 16-1, 1-16, etc.) Round 1 will be for selecting ballparks, rounds 2-26 for selecting players.

Player pool: I have a unique idea to make sure that every owner can fill their rosters with enough AB's and IP's without having to use AAA players. The basic player pool will be your actual 1946 players. The pool will be supplemented by players who played their final season in 1945. By drafting these players, you are in essence bringing them back for one more year, using their 1945 seasons. These players can not be saved as keepers after 1946. In season two, we will supplement the player pool with guys who's least sim season was '46, and so on (you cannot put 1946 retirees on your 1947 keeper list either, they will all be made available as "free agents" in the draft). In the '46 draft, there will be 103 supplemental position players and 63 supplemental pitchers, future seasons will tend to have a bit less, but should still provide us with all the extra ABs/IPs we need.

Ballparks: You can use any ballpark that was open and operating in 1945. This includes parks which were open even if they were not being used for major league baseball at the time, I believe a complete list of available ballparks is as follows (if you find that there's any I'm missing which fit the above description, let me know):

AL
Briggs Stadium
Cleveland Stadium
Comiskey Park I
Fenway Park
League Park II (Cleveland)
Municipal Stadium
Griffith Stadium
Shibe Park
Sicks Stadium
Sportsman’s Park III
Wrigley Field (LA)
Yankee Stadium I

NL
Baker Bowl
Braves Field
Crosley Field
Ebbets Field
Forbes Field
Polo Grounds V
Seals Stadium
Shibe Park
Sportsman's Park III
Wrigley Field (Chicago)

Alignment will be based on real-life league affiliation, and therefore only a maximum of 8 AL parks can be chosen and a maximum of 8 NL parks can be chosen. Once one of the leagues reaches the limit, the remaining parks associated with that league will be removed from the available list. Also, only one park can be selected per real life franchise. For example: if someone selects League Park in Cleveland, Cleveland Stadium will also be taken off the board; If someone selects the Polo Grounds, Seals Stadium will be taken off, etc. Ballparks will always be exclusive within the respective leagues.

When the real life team associated with your ballpark moves you may move to the new park/city as well, however you are not required to. You may stay in the old park, but if you choose this option, you cannot change parks in the future (new owners who join in future seasons will have the option of a new park).

Team names: You can name your team anything you like but it must begin with the location of your team (ie: New York Giants)

If there are any other details you want to know about, just ask. I can add basic rules to this post if needed for clarity.

So,... who wants to join me in 1946 for the launch of VICTORY LEAGUE baseball??
6/3/2019 4:56 PM (edited)
Owner list:

1. tedcogswell
2. harrelson
3. Disco Dogs
4. strubrosII
5. beachbum3494
6. dino27
7. doctorwoo
8. fire13
9. szczubelek
10. Ginge1
11. archer24
12. horus_6
13. Husker75
14. coyote522
15. SteveIzzy
16. tyler1151
6/7/2019 8:36 PM (edited)
I'm interested. How will future draft orders be determined? (I'm partial to leagues that deter tanking... let me know if you need ideas along those lines.)
6/3/2019 8:04 PM
I too prefer some kind of anti-tanking system. We will definitely implement something along those lines but I am open to discussion on what exactly.

Good to have you on board!
6/3/2019 8:37 PM
Toss me in the mix, not my favorite era but love a fresh draft where I get to decide how to build my team, instead of taking over a badly managed roster.
6/3/2019 9:25 PM
i'll play
6/3/2019 9:38 PM
Welcome aboard Disco Dogs and strubrosII. We're off to a good start!
6/3/2019 10:16 PM
Tentatively in , although I sitemailed you some questions
6/3/2019 10:41 PM
beachbum - answered sitemails, let me know if you have any follow-up questions.
6/3/2019 10:56 PM
Welcome beachbum3494!
6/4/2019 12:53 PM
great league...im happy to join.....6/16
6/4/2019 3:40 PM
ill get in
6/4/2019 6:43 PM
Welcome dino, welcome doc!
6/4/2019 6:46 PM
I’ll take a spot.
6/4/2019 9:01 PM
Great, welcome!
6/4/2019 10:41 PM
123 Next ▸
1946 VICTORY LEAGUE Progressive - FULL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.