New Stat Categories (WAR) Topic

How do we not have WAR as a stat here yet? oWAR, dWAR, Rdrs (defensive runs saved), and Rbat (runs batting) would be really great to have for hitters. WAR, RAA (runs above average), RAR (runs above replacement), and FIP (fielding independent pitching) would be great for pitchers. I could do without OPS+ and ERA+ from the major analytic categories but we really should have some of these helpful analytics available in a game that's just based on numbers.

We should also have defensive shift options in the management console as well.
6/5/2019 3:28 AM
Do you know what year this game was made?
6/5/2019 3:44 PM
Honestly, creating an official WAR stat seems dicey since there are different approaches to how calculate it. You can always create your own (that's what I've done). Although that would be easier if there were an easier way to export data.
6/6/2019 11:15 AM
Posted by pjfoster13 on 6/5/2019 3:44:00 PM (view original):
Do you know what year this game was made?
But we have RC and RC27. Sandberg's question is legit.
6/6/2019 6:19 PM
Yes, I know when the game was made. I've been playing since the beginning. They make a lot of money on this game for no effort at this point. It would be nice if there were little adjustments every once in a while since real life baseball has been making many changes. RC and RC27 and every other stat should be a searchable criteria in FA and player pages also. There's no reason why we can't have all this information much more easily accessible.
6/13/2019 5:21 PM
New Stat Categories (WAR) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.