WIS Mount Rushmore. Topic

I've been searching and reading old posts in this forum, it's almost as much fun as the game.

I look at the acomplished managers and just marvel. I would be amazed if I ever played in 100 leagues let alone win 100 championships.

I know the game has changed many times through the years and different caps mean different stratagies.

I'm guessing not many will want to play...BUT...I'd love to hear from the longtimers at WIS...

Who are the 4 greatest managers in WIS sports history?

NOTE: No voting for yourself, it would be 4 others.
6/5/2019 11:08 PM
I just listened to the Boundsjordan podcast with Ozomatli. I'm goin to listen to the Sunk one soon. They talked about mberg and waitNsee as all time greats.

Just got me thinking.

If your in an open type league who would you dread to see in your division?
6/5/2019 11:14 PM
check out my wis hall of fame thread...ive gotten away from it.....ill get back to it one of these days.
6/5/2019 11:58 PM
Gotta go with the 2 guys who've won Wis Championship 3 times. WaitNSee and brianjw.
Wildthings1 had an impressive record but hasn't been around for awhile.
ozomatli has won 30 TOC's. may be the best at playing the long game.
6/6/2019 2:43 AM
The only guy who I am pretty sure has figured something out that I haven't is mberg.

He's never played the WISC, so it's hard to compare him against WaitNSee and brianjw (both all time greats as well).
6/7/2019 12:07 PM (edited)
Haven't entered a regular open league in at least 10 years, so I miss watching many of those players. I play progressive/regressive leagues quite a bit and that leaves out some of the top owners as well. Extreme high and low caps don't interest me very much either.

As far as the guys I compete with regularly, I would have to include ozomatli and skunk in the upper tier. Others that come to mind are redwingscup, rbow923, and lazerhawks.

Can't leave out WaitNSee and brianjw. Sorry for more than 4!
6/6/2019 3:59 AM
JohnGPF, elbirdo, WaitNSee, skunk206
6/6/2019 11:19 AM
ARomano, richard3244, and schwarze are all tough for me to leave off as well.
6/6/2019 11:20 AM
elbirdo, ARomano, WaitNSee and brianjw
6/6/2019 7:40 PM
This seems like a good place to reshare the WIS Title History spreadsheet
6/6/2019 7:47 PM
ligapelota...damn...hats off to that guy. He won OL after OL, and without using the same cookie cutter team over and over. Most of his teams had some version of Wade Boggs, but other than that he showed that he could win with almost any kind of team.
6/6/2019 7:57 PM
Posted by ozomatli on 6/6/2019 7:47:00 PM (view original):
Oz that is great.
6/6/2019 9:02 PM
Useful and interesting. Thanks, Mike. Hard to pick a top four. mberg is the best I've ever seen and plays on a whole different level, but ozomatli is right there w/ him in the kill zone. Can't remember which owner used winter_frost, but 8 WS titles in 10 teams is pretty good. Ligapelota, John GPF, lazerhawks, elbirdo, contrarian, JFranco, WaitNSee, skunk, richard3244, crazy, mensu, sford, shaybee, point_piper, RS66, gbonini, disco & cwillis are all great. And when hebdomad and joerat1 have their A game, they're tough to beat these days.
6/6/2019 10:59 PM
Posted by ozomatli on 6/6/2019 7:47:00 PM (view original):
I've only won 5 titles???

Actually, I enjoy researching new and creative theme leagues. Never really played open leagues or any TOC.
6/7/2019 1:55 AM
Not voting for mberg until he plays against the best. Nobody without a Wis Championship or three goes on Mt Rushmore. Yes, I'm calling you out!
6/7/2019 2:40 AM (edited)
1234 Next ▸
WIS Mount Rushmore. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.