3-2 Question About Guards. Topic

Posted by fluff_nasty on 6/11/2019 6:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 6/10/2019 9:33:00 PM (view original):
Defense is always most important, in all sets, all the time, when calculating ofg%.

when it comes to spd and ath, it depends on what type of team you are playing. If they shoot a lot of 3’s then speed is most important. If they are a ath/lp team ath is
ore important.
Even against a Ath/Lp team, wouldn’t it come down to the Ath and def of my 4 and 5? If their guards are attacking won’t they be going up against my bigs? Or would my guards ath still come in to play there?
your guards would definitely still be a factor in defending the shot. in the zone, every defender is a factor in defending every shot.

to TJs original point - i pretty much agree - i do thing offensive efficiency (as a concept) is more relevant than ofg%, and when you look at the entire possession (including turnovers, fouls, etc), its less extreme of a comparison, def is ahead by less. i will say, im not convinced def > blk for the 5 in a 2-3 zone. not my area of expertise, curious what others think, but i value them about evenly.
6/12/2019 1:47 PM
Really hard to tell which would be more important in a 2-3 zone, defense vs blocked shots, one reason being you can't really tell in the play by play how many shots are actually altered, since the pbp no longer gives that information. You also have to add how much does athleticism play a part in each skill(def and blk). The value of defense is lower field goal percentage, maybe a rare steal here and there and more times than not results in a defensive rebound, where a player averaging 1.8 blocks per game, that team may get only half of those possessions. A lot to factor in when it comes to blocked shots vs defense.
6/12/2019 2:37 PM
"i will say, im not convinced def > blk for the 5 in a 2-3 zone. not my area of expertise, curious what others think, but i value them about evenly."

In theory, I want to value block and def even but it's hard to find a high block high ath low def guy and their are tons of high def high ath low block guys.....I can't factor out ath.

I do know that the 75 ath 75 def 50 block guys are "better" than the 50/50/100.
6/12/2019 2:58 PM
Is rebounding averaged or individual?
6/12/2019 4:00 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 6/12/2019 2:58:00 PM (view original):
"i will say, im not convinced def > blk for the 5 in a 2-3 zone. not my area of expertise, curious what others think, but i value them about evenly."

In theory, I want to value block and def even but it's hard to find a high block high ath low def guy and their are tons of high def high ath low block guys.....I can't factor out ath.

I do know that the 75 ath 75 def 50 block guys are "better" than the 50/50/100.
I think their rather the same because one will refuse to play in division II and one will automatically play in division I.
6/12/2019 4:50 PM
Posted by fluff_nasty on 6/12/2019 4:00:00 PM (view original):
Is rebounding averaged or individual?
Individual.
6/12/2019 5:52 PM
◂ Prev 12
3-2 Question About Guards. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.