What are the likely parameters DITR candidates? Age, draft position, minor league level, number of years pro, etc etc.
For example, Is it possible for a 26 year old veteran minor leaguer to get DITR?
6/11/2019 5:40 PM
Posted by GoldieGamma on 6/11/2019 5:40:00 PM (view original):
What are the likely parameters DITR candidates? Age, draft position, minor league level, number of years pro, etc etc.
For example, Is it possible for a 26 year old veteran minor leaguer to get DITR?
I have never thought about it. With 40+ seasons I never had one that played and real role in the ML.
6/11/2019 7:55 PM
I had a 23 year old 5 year vet become a DITR last year fwiw. I’m sure there’s an age cutoff (the past three seasons for me it seems like the oldest is 24). And I’ve had people anywhere from rookie to AAA get selected, but generally it’s been lower levels because that’s where I have lower overall and younger guys.

Personally I think the younger they can become a ditr the better. Partially because I think the stat boost is more dramatic if you get it earlier in their career (especially if it’s the year they were drafted). But maybe more importantly is I tend to not watch my DITR eligible players as closely, so they could have 3/4 seasons of not as great development, and then the DITR won’t make up the gap. Whereas you get someone the year they were drafted and he’s instantly a prospect and you can monitor him a lot better, and the ceiling is much much higher.

6/12/2019 8:37 AM
Posted by pray4pro on 6/12/2019 8:37:00 AM (view original):
I had a 23 year old 5 year vet become a DITR last year fwiw. I’m sure there’s an age cutoff (the past three seasons for me it seems like the oldest is 24). And I’ve had people anywhere from rookie to AAA get selected, but generally it’s been lower levels because that’s where I have lower overall and younger guys.

Personally I think the younger they can become a ditr the better. Partially because I think the stat boost is more dramatic if you get it earlier in their career (especially if it’s the year they were drafted). But maybe more importantly is I tend to not watch my DITR eligible players as closely, so they could have 3/4 seasons of not as great development, and then the DITR won’t make up the gap. Whereas you get someone the year they were drafted and he’s instantly a prospect and you can monitor him a lot better, and the ceiling is much much higher.

Typically, you're right -- the younger, the better. However, the initial bump from DITR depends on the makeup rating. Typically, a player's makeup rating is higher in his third year than it is in his 1st or 2nd year. So, if you have a player in his first year vs that same player in his third year, it would be better if he got it in his third year, because the initial bump will be more significant.

However, you are correct again -- most owners do not take the time to develop DITR candidates as if they were real prospects (i.e. give them regular playing time). So, in the example above, the guy in his third year, may not have reached the two season development track because he wasn't receiving the playing time he should of had to hit that two year track. In that situation, the 1st year player would have been better off because most owners will give a DITR the playing time he needs to develop once he is a DITR.
7/14/2019 10:25 AM
And, to answer your question, players as young as 18 and as old as 24 are eligible for DITR.
7/14/2019 10:25 AM
I don't think I've ever had someone on the 40-man get a DitR... is this a criterion for DitR or am I imagining this?
7/14/2019 10:48 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by mr_gone on 6/11/2019 7:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by GoldieGamma on 6/11/2019 5:40:00 PM (view original):
I have never thought about it. With 40+ seasons I never had one that played and real role in the ML.
Only 5 seasons under my belt but i have already had a few DITRs contribute on the big league team.

Player Profile: Enrique Gonzales - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: Alan Randall - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: Larry Wells - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
7/14/2019 3:15 PM
Posted by pjfoster13 on 7/14/2019 11:15:00 AM (view original):
current OVR: =50
Projected OVR: =60
Guys with high makeup get the biggest initial boosts and future projection (usually those two things are in proportion)
Certain attributes improve and certain others are fixed
Stupid question, how close to 50 does it have to be? Is it 47-53?
7/14/2019 4:54 PM
Posted by GoldieGamma on 7/14/2019 5:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tlowster on 7/14/2019 10:31:00 AM (view original):
Here are some of the DITR guys that I have gotten recently:

Player Profile: Keith Brooks - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: Addison Gearrin - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: Esmerling Cisnero - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: Jose Perez - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: Buck LeBlanc - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Did Gearrin go undrafted.? A true ditr. Thats great value.
Yes. If I pick up an undrafted guy, I try to make sure that he has a chance to become a major leaguer if he gets DITR. Here are some guys I have had the last few season. They won't be great, but some will make it to the MLB and some will be AAAA players (possibly trade pieces).

Player Profile: Don Perry - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: Gill Walsh - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: Brian Joseph - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: P.T. Rivera - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: Galahad Barden - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
7/14/2019 8:41 PM
Posted by tlowster on 7/14/2019 8:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by GoldieGamma on 7/14/2019 5:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tlowster on 7/14/2019 10:31:00 AM (view original):
Here are some of the DITR guys that I have gotten recently:

Player Profile: Keith Brooks - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: Addison Gearrin - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: Esmerling Cisnero - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: Jose Perez - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: Buck LeBlanc - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Did Gearrin go undrafted.? A true ditr. Thats great value.
Yes. If I pick up an undrafted guy, I try to make sure that he has a chance to become a major leaguer if he gets DITR. Here are some guys I have had the last few season. They won't be great, but some will make it to the MLB and some will be AAAA players (possibly trade pieces).

Player Profile: Don Perry - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: Gill Walsh - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: Brian Joseph - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: P.T. Rivera - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: Galahad Barden - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
I recently picked up some undrafted guys from Tryout Camp to fill out the roster for rookie league.
Two of them were DITR (same year), both pitchers.
I doubt they will become MLers, which is a waste.

I am curious, what criteria do you look for when signing the Tryout Camp guys to preview DITR worthiness?
It is hard to distinguish players with those low ratings.

7/15/2019 1:05 AM
12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.