7/15/2019 1:08 AM
One of the criteria is also that the player has to be active on DITR day, so if you have time the night before, you can simply deactivate anybody who sucks or is not eligible due to age/OVR
7/15/2019 9:12 AM
Yep, that's one thing I do, I inactivate all the older guys. Don't want a crappy 24 yo getting the DiTR.

7/15/2019 9:23 AM
Posted by pjfoster13 on 7/15/2019 9:12:00 AM (view original):
One of the criteria is also that the player has to be active on DITR day, so if you have time the night before, you can simply deactivate anybody who sucks or is not eligible due to age/OVR
Where in the season is DITR day?
7/15/2019 10:33 AM
I think the two biggest things you can do (if you want to put in the time)
  • Deactivate poor candidates right before the DITR period (which i believe is the period right after the futures game)
    • Too old - I'd say 24+ unless they've had only a season or two.I also deactivate people with like 4 seasons or more of development usually. That being said, I don't deactivate anybody over 26 or so because they won't get selected anyway (or anyone over 60 overall).
    • Anyone with like a makeup under 70 or so. Like mentioned above, I think this is probably the most important thing with DITRs. I will make an exception only if the players skillset is very well set up.
  • Set up your draft board for DITRs (definitely more time consuming)
    • I usually have like 50 or so players that I determine to be good candidates.I'll slot these players just behind the like fringe/AAAA players.
    • I'll look for first and foremost players with an overall under 60 and makeup 85 +. Then I like to get people with atleast somewhat balanced skillsets (seems to help the ceiling they can reach), but hopefully good skills in the things that don't seem to progress too much (AS, VEL, somewhat PW/EYE/RAN). Bonus if they are a switch hitter because that doesn't affect ovr.
    • If you do INT. you can also pick up cheap DITR candidates this way as well.
DITRS definitely won't make/break a team, but they can be very useful pieces that you basically can get for free if you want to put the effort in. All these guys I've linked below were either late round picks or super cheap INTs I targeted for DITRs in the past 5 seasons. Nicasio is a great all around SH 1b that could squeeze an AS game out potentially. Kuo will be a fantastic GG catcher and a good hitter vs. RHP. Demel/Uribe/Martin are all super useful relievers because the DITR bump gave them a huge kick in stamina. Demel especially will soon be 70+ in all pitching ratings while having a 70/49 DUR/STA combo.

Player Profile: J.P. Nicasio - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: James Kuo - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: Marv Demel - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: Vicente Uribe - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: Yasmani Martin - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
7/15/2019 10:42 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by GoldieGamma on 7/15/2019 10:33:00 AM (view original):
7 AM cycle, morning after the Futures Game (which is that day's 3 AM cycle).

7/15/2019 12:01 PM
Posted by damag on 7/15/2019 12:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by GoldieGamma on 7/15/2019 10:33:00 AM (view original):
7 AM cycle, morning after the Futures Game (which is that day's 3 AM cycle).

OK, so once the AS break hits all of the less desirable candidates can be safely deactivated since there are no games.
7/15/2019 1:07 PM
Except rookie which still plays.

Keep in mind you also have to meet roster minimums, you need at least 20 active guys at each level which is why you may need to keep active some of the 25+ year old guys
7/15/2019 1:52 PM
Posted by pray4pro on 7/15/2019 10:42:00 AM (view original):
I think the two biggest things you can do (if you want to put in the time)
  • Deactivate poor candidates right before the DITR period (which i believe is the period right after the futures game)
    • Too old - I'd say 24+ unless they've had only a season or two.I also deactivate people with like 4 seasons or more of development usually. That being said, I don't deactivate anybody over 26 or so because they won't get selected anyway (or anyone over 60 overall).
    • Anyone with like a makeup under 70 or so. Like mentioned above, I think this is probably the most important thing with DITRs. I will make an exception only if the players skillset is very well set up.
  • Set up your draft board for DITRs (definitely more time consuming)
    • I usually have like 50 or so players that I determine to be good candidates.I'll slot these players just behind the like fringe/AAAA players.
    • I'll look for first and foremost players with an overall under 60 and makeup 85 +. Then I like to get people with atleast somewhat balanced skillsets (seems to help the ceiling they can reach), but hopefully good skills in the things that don't seem to progress too much (AS, VEL, somewhat PW/EYE/RAN). Bonus if they are a switch hitter because that doesn't affect ovr.
    • If you do INT. you can also pick up cheap DITR candidates this way as well.
DITRS definitely won't make/break a team, but they can be very useful pieces that you basically can get for free if you want to put the effort in. All these guys I've linked below were either late round picks or super cheap INTs I targeted for DITRs in the past 5 seasons. Nicasio is a great all around SH 1b that could squeeze an AS game out potentially. Kuo will be a fantastic GG catcher and a good hitter vs. RHP. Demel/Uribe/Martin are all super useful relievers because the DITR bump gave them a huge kick in stamina. Demel especially will soon be 70+ in all pitching ratings while having a 70/49 DUR/STA combo.

Player Profile: J.P. Nicasio - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: James Kuo - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: Marv Demel - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: Vicente Uribe - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: Yasmani Martin - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
I do this as well in the draft. He is right -- it is extremely time consuming. I would say it adds hours (plural) to setting up your draft board. But these are the kind of things you need to do to get that little bit of an edge.
7/15/2019 4:15 PM
Just a random thought I had, what do you suppose would happen if the night before DITR I set all of my position players to Catcher?

Not necessarily because they get DITR more frequently than other positions (debatably true) but because catcher gets the largest boosts of any of the positions. I wonder what it would look like for a low minors shortstop to get huge boosts to range, glove, AA, and all of the hitting attributes...
7/26/2019 4:26 PM
I tend to keep my rosters over 100% full with 60 day DL. Are you saying it’s better to keep it under so you can do inactivate as many tryout camp players as possible and limiting rosters to 20 active players over the all-star break?
7/26/2019 7:50 PM
It depends on the work that you want to do pre-DITR day and post DITR day. If you have more than ten great DITR candidates, you want to be sure that those 10+ candidates are active on DITR day. There are some decent candidates that you can find from tryout camp. However, there typically isn't any clear great candidates unless you have a high advanced scouting that will give you a better idea where they will be at full development before DITR. Depending on the makeup of your lineup in each of your minor league levels, you may need to deactivate guys to make room for DITR candidates. This can be time consuming because after DITR cycle, you have re-set your minor league lineups.

The best thing to do to prepare is to do what is stated above -- deactivate guys that are not good candidates to make room for guys that are good candidates. Anybody who is not eligible for DITR won't get it anyway. So any player that is over the age of 24 or has an overall rating of 60 will not get DITR.

7/26/2019 8:32 PM
Posted by pjfoster13 on 7/26/2019 4:26:00 PM (view original):
Just a random thought I had, what do you suppose would happen if the night before DITR I set all of my position players to Catcher?

Not necessarily because they get DITR more frequently than other positions (debatably true) but because catcher gets the largest boosts of any of the positions. I wonder what it would look like for a low minors shortstop to get huge boosts to range, glove, AA, and all of the hitting attributes...
It seems that C's get the best bumps because it is typically catchers that have low glove, range, and arm accuracy. They also typically have low hitting ratings and low durability. So C's and DH's will typically have an overall value that is below 50. Players that will be higher than a 60 overall (fully developed) are not eligible for DITR, so even those great fielding SS that can't hit are usually just over a 60 overall, so they wouldn't be eligible.

A good fielding DITR candidate would be a guy with 75 durability, 75 health, 65+ in all fielding skills, but an 85+ arm, but still can't hit well. This will keep his overall under 60, but if he gets hit with DITR and has a high makeup rating, you could see him turn into a middle infielder that can hit well enough to where he would be an above average hitting middle infielder at the MLB level. However, these guys are really hard to find.
7/26/2019 8:43 PM
I'm not sure you understood what I meant
7/27/2019 1:34 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.