You have had some pretty good ones over the years, pj.
7/27/2019 1:01 PM
I'm gonna try it and let you know if anything happens
7/27/2019 6:50 PM
Cool, man.
7/27/2019 8:54 PM
So we just had our cycle for DITRs, and I came away with 1 guy who I drafted this season.This was particularly interesting to me because if you have a DITR that was drafted in the same year, their Draft Projections will update.

Player Profile: Johnny Latimore - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports

I made a big point to save the Pre-DITR Amateur Draft Projections this season (I don't have much in ADV, so draft scouting is my best bet) and found some interesting things with Latimore and his projections before/after DITR.
  • Before the DITR, he was scouted as 56 overall, and after he is now 79.
  • None of his general & fielding projections changed at all (including makeup, which I found interesting).
  • Of his pitching rating projections, stamina increased (74 -> 84), CTR/VL/VR all increased significantly (51 -> 74, 34 ->74, 54 -> 85). 1/2nd pitches increased about 20 each, with the 3-5 pitches increasing about 30. Vel & GB didn't change at all.
    • The increase projection amounts corresponded with the DITR bump he got. So for instance, the single biggest increase in the actual DITR bump was +9 to VL, which was also the biggest change to his draft projections (+40). From there it pretty much went in order, with VR being the next biggest DITR bump, followed by his 3-5 pitches, and so on. Vel/GB got no DITR bump, which makes sense. So I'm expecting VL & VR to increase significantly for him in the next couple seasons.
  • I had never seen this, but his 4th pitch actually decreased after the DITR bump (38 -> 35). I'm curious if that'll reverse quickly, because the draft projections now have that in the 60's.
Overall if he actually hits these new draft projections, he could be a pretty valuable pitcher, especially for the 4th round pick I took him with. I've had two DITR in the year they we're drafted before, and both of them seemed to land somewhat close to their post DITR draft projections, maybe falling short 3/4 overall. But I never looked into the detail of what projections changed.
8/7/2019 12:34 PM
Side Note: Does anyone have any theories as to what helps you get more DITRs each season? This is my third season in a row with just 1, so I'm wondering if there's something I'm doing to cause that.

I've run great ML teams recordwise and invest a good bit in Coaches. But I'm wondering if by deactivating too many bad candidates or having too many older guys/not eligble players in my system, that makes me end up with less DITRs per season. Or maybe if there's a certain skill of your Coaches (ex. patience) that determines it. This is one part of the process I'm clueless on lol.

Edit: Just looked and one team in my league has gotten 3 DITRs four seasons in a row and 5/6 seasons. There's gotta be something to the amount per season.
8/7/2019 2:17 PM (edited)
Posted by pray4pro on 8/7/2019 2:17:00 PM (view original):
Side Note: Does anyone have any theories as to what helps you get more DITRs each season? This is my third season in a row with just 1, so I'm wondering if there's something I'm doing to cause that.

I've run great ML teams recordwise and invest a good bit in Coaches. But I'm wondering if by deactivating too many bad candidates or having too many older guys/not eligble players in my system, that makes me end up with less DITRs per season. Or maybe if there's a certain skill of your Coaches (ex. patience) that determines it. This is one part of the process I'm clueless on lol.

Edit: Just looked and one team in my league has gotten 3 DITRs four seasons in a row and 5/6 seasons. There's gotta be something to the amount per season.
I have 5 seasons done, have never had more than 1 DITR, I have seen other teams get as much as 4. I invest heavily in training and coaching as a rule. I have never deactivated players in anticipation of DITR cycle.
8/8/2019 1:24 PM
@pray- this is something I have never been able to figure out. I have theories but nothing definitive
8/8/2019 2:00 PM
Just to be clear,. Some owners may get more, but typically only one of them is aaaa to BL type.
8/8/2019 7:31 PM
Posted by pray4pro on 8/7/2019 12:34:00 PM (view original):
So we just had our cycle for DITRs, and I came away with 1 guy who I drafted this season.This was particularly interesting to me because if you have a DITR that was drafted in the same year, their Draft Projections will update.

Player Profile: Johnny Latimore - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports

I made a big point to save the Pre-DITR Amateur Draft Projections this season (I don't have much in ADV, so draft scouting is my best bet) and found some interesting things with Latimore and his projections before/after DITR.
  • Before the DITR, he was scouted as 56 overall, and after he is now 79.
  • None of his general & fielding projections changed at all (including makeup, which I found interesting).
  • Of his pitching rating projections, stamina increased (74 -> 84), CTR/VL/VR all increased significantly (51 -> 74, 34 ->74, 54 -> 85). 1/2nd pitches increased about 20 each, with the 3-5 pitches increasing about 30. Vel & GB didn't change at all.
    • The increase projection amounts corresponded with the DITR bump he got. So for instance, the single biggest increase in the actual DITR bump was +9 to VL, which was also the biggest change to his draft projections (+40). From there it pretty much went in order, with VR being the next biggest DITR bump, followed by his 3-5 pitches, and so on. Vel/GB got no DITR bump, which makes sense. So I'm expecting VL & VR to increase significantly for him in the next couple seasons.
  • I had never seen this, but his 4th pitch actually decreased after the DITR bump (38 -> 35). I'm curious if that'll reverse quickly, because the draft projections now have that in the 60's.
Overall if he actually hits these new draft projections, he could be a pretty valuable pitcher, especially for the 4th round pick I took him with. I've had two DITR in the year they we're drafted before, and both of them seemed to land somewhat close to their post DITR draft projections, maybe falling short 3/4 overall. But I never looked into the detail of what projections changed.
Hey there, pray. Nice post.

Question -- was this guy a projected to be a 56 overall pre-ditr with $20M in college scouting?
8/10/2019 1:20 PM
Yep that’s correct. Just barely under the <60 criteria.
8/10/2019 4:22 PM
Posted by dschang on 7/15/2019 1:08:00 AM (view original):
Player Profile: Jesus Concepcion - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
btw, this guy is doing okay for me.
Possibly the best name in WIS history
8/14/2019 6:28 AM
Posted by pjfoster13 on 7/26/2019 4:26:00 PM (view original):
Just a random thought I had, what do you suppose would happen if the night before DITR I set all of my position players to Catcher?

Not necessarily because they get DITR more frequently than other positions (debatably true) but because catcher gets the largest boosts of any of the positions. I wonder what it would look like for a low minors shortstop to get huge boosts to range, glove, AA, and all of the hitting attributes...
Tonight is the night, I have changed all of my position players to Catcher and will post again if anything fun happens
8/28/2019 4:41 PM
Im interested the only ones I have ever gotten were catchers or pitchers. Never anyone worth remembering.
8/28/2019 7:42 PM

Tonight is the night, I have changed all of my position players to Catcher and will post again if anything fun happens

UPDATE:

Unfortunately nothing happened with any position players. I only got one guy, a relief pitcher who got +9 on his current OVR
Player Profile: Vic Junge
8/29/2019 8:53 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.