Opinion Poll - who to start at PG Topic

After missing out on a couple guards in recruiting I am left with a dilemma at PG and my options are not great.

Who would you start at PG?

Offense - Motion / Defense - Man

1 - Fr. PG - 63 A / 81 Sp / 60 D / 1 LP / 73 Per / 76 BH / 76 Pa / 56 WE / Motion IQ = F / Man IQ = C-

2- Sr SF - 90 A / 59 Sp / 86 D / 83 LP / 43 Per / 71 BH / 71 Pa / 3 WE / C IQ in both sets

3- Soph SG - 91 A / 66 Sp / 86 D / 23 LP / 61 Per / 55 BH / 49 Pa / 73 WE / B- IQ in both sets

4- Fr SG - 91 A / 66 Sp / 70 D / 43 LP / 37 Per / 68 BH / 55 Pa / 51 WE / F IQ in both sets
Votes: 32
(Last vote received: 7/7/2019 9:26 AM)
6/12/2019 9:56 AM
If the opposing PG is slow or doesn't score, go with the Sr SF. Otherwise your hands are kinda tied to the best SPD/BH/P with the Fr PG in my opinion.
6/12/2019 10:03 AM
If success this season is the prime directive, the second option might be a little better overall. But options 1 and 4 would be better giving starts and pt for the long term. I lean slightly toward 1, 4 would be ok too.
6/12/2019 10:05 AM
I have a young team with only 1 senior and 1 junior so I don't see this seeing being overly successful no matter who starts.
6/12/2019 10:16 AM
I agree with shoe. In a close game you need to win, I would take #2. Otherwise I would start and develop #1.
6/12/2019 10:34 AM
I looked over your team and would start the Fr.@ PG and the SF@SF.
6/12/2019 11:54 AM
I would go with Senior small forward and do a rebuild lip service and build a Cookie Cutter Athletic Speed Defense team.
6/12/2019 12:47 PM
Thanks for the insight fellas. Its always good to get others perspectives. I was planning to start the SF at PG but the lazy bastid dropped a bunch in the offseason which made me rethink that idea. I feel this is going to be a down year no matter who I start so I might as well try and develop them as much as I can for next season.
6/12/2019 1:51 PM
Posted by scottyj74 on 6/12/2019 1:51:00 PM (view original):
Thanks for the insight fellas. Its always good to get others perspectives. I was planning to start the SF at PG but the lazy bastid dropped a bunch in the offseason which made me rethink that idea. I feel this is going to be a down year no matter who I start so I might as well try and develop them as much as I can for next season.
this is the right approach. that player 4, you *have* to start him, i don't care where. if you need that PG slot to start him, do that - hes the good long term player and the guy who benefits from the growth. if you are lucky on that per, hes a championship caliber player. that overrules just about everything - regular season success doesn't come close (in general).

the problem is player 4 is so damn bad at pass/iq which is absolutely critical for your PG, as it has a significant impact on the scoring ability of your entire team. right now, if you are facing a lead scorer type at pg, i'd play player 4; if you are facing a role player, player 1 (assuming player 4 is starting elsewhere). that 20 passing is worth more than the far superior defense, if you don't need the defense that bad.

unfortunately, they all suck at pg right now but by season end, player 4 is going to be by far your best option (although only mediocre at that point). start him now so he has the benefit of full growth when you start him for the post season later (and for future seasons, he could be your future - or not - all depends on that per - hes good either way, but its all the difference - if you aren't at least 20 in per until it goes blue and you know the cap, you really need to be!)
6/13/2019 6:59 PM (edited)
Opinion Poll - who to start at PG Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.