Ineligible Practice Plan: D2 Topic

Is there any reason not to go all study hall minutes? I do not know if an ineligible practices anything else.
6/12/2019 7:09 PM
I hope that my ineligible players are not just practicing study hall, but are actually studying.
6/12/2019 7:23 PM
Go all study hall.
6/12/2019 8:52 PM
I have been tracking a weird phenomenon with this exact topic but I definitely need more data. I recruit ineligibles nearly every season, and somehow when I set them to all study hall (usually 90 pts), their GPAs don't greatly improve and they'll be lucky to get a 2.5 by the time final term grades come out the first time. BUT when I set the study hall minutes to around 40-45 and click yes on the disclaimer about not using full minutes, I've had guys go above a 3.0 GPA. Logically this makes zero sense, but I wonder if there's a glitch.
6/13/2019 12:23 PM
I have recruited many ineligibles and always go all out SH (usually 84minutes) and they always go up into the 3.0's. I have never had even the hint of a problem keeping them eligible and every one has returned for a fifth year.
6/13/2019 1:05 PM
I spend 50 on sets, so only have 80 to use on SH for ineligible players. They almost always finish the ineligible year well above 3, and cruise to the 3.3+ range by the time they graduate, with 5-3-2-0 spent on their eligible years. Never had one of the guys give a hint of academic trouble that I can recall.

Work ethic also factors in to GPA, I think, so if the ineligible you recruit also has low work ethic, he could maybe be more of a problem. Not 100% on that though, someone correct me if I’m mistaken.
6/13/2019 1:42 PM
i can't remember if work ethic is a factor in GPA, but i feel like it is highly likely that it is. i think its WE, high school GPA, college GPA (for non FR), and study hall minutes.

on the original question - its not supposed to matter what you do in practice planning. you can do 0m in everything and it should be the same as any other configuration. i'm assuming ineligibles sit in d2 (wasn't it only d3 where they can just play anyway) and you are talking about ineligible recruits in their 1st year, not dudes who flunked out. i think everyone just maxes SH because its the only thing we don't get easy, visual proof that it doesn't do anything. anything else and you can see, 80m, its still not growing. im pretty sure SH minutes don't matter either, but i max it myself.
6/13/2019 6:43 PM
Posted by pdxblazerfan on 6/13/2019 12:24:00 PM (view original):
I have been tracking a weird phenomenon with this exact topic but I definitely need more data. I recruit ineligibles nearly every season, and somehow when I set them to all study hall (usually 90 pts), their GPAs don't greatly improve and they'll be lucky to get a 2.5 by the time final term grades come out the first time. BUT when I set the study hall minutes to around 40-45 and click yes on the disclaimer about not using full minutes, I've had guys go above a 3.0 GPA. Logically this makes zero sense, but I wonder if there's a glitch.
tl;dr my above post - its not a glitch, you are seeing it for what it is - study hall minutes like all other minutes on the ineligible players, do nothing
6/13/2019 6:46 PM
Thanks for the responses. It is D2, first season; not eligible to play. 31 WE, 2.6 HS GPA.
6/14/2019 10:54 AM
SH minutes absolutely have an effect on ineligible players. Just because you can't play in games doesn't mean you can't go to class. Max out SH. Some kids are dumber than others and will require more maintenance down the line. Others will cruise after a year of studying. Since all the other ratings do absolutely nothing there is no reason not to max out SH entirely.
6/21/2019 9:04 AM
Ineligible Practice Plan: D2 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.