Last Cycle of Recruiting Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
You can offer anybody at your division a scholarship the last day without any other effort, so this is in already, if I understand what you are saying correctly. You can't offer up a division (d3 can't offer d1 or d2 without effort) for free, they always have to be unlocked, but what you're asking for is in the game.
6/17/2019 6:53 AM
"Another fact i see with this is, isn't a recruit in real life would humbly take any scholarship they can when their time is almost up? "

No. Many recruits will go JUCO and hope for a better school/offer the following year. Just like in this game.
6/17/2019 8:46 AM
I agree with piman and mully. Lower division schools should continue to need to unlock higher projected recruits (if the recruit divisions are kept, which is a different discussion); alternatively, they should need to scout recruits projected at their division, if they would like to have final cycle options as backups or emergencies. This is entirely a gameplay choice issue. If you find yourself in the last 24 hours with no good options, it is because you made specific scouting and recruiting choices, and they are playing out. We should not be protected from the consequences of our gameplay choices.

6/17/2019 9:50 AM
Thank you for your different insight guys. I appreciated your inputs and would love many more coaches talk about their take regarding this :)
6/17/2019 10:20 AM
No need for change on this aspect of the game given the openness by recruits projected for your level to entertain offers immediately as recruiting winds to its end. Strategy, decisions, and actions all have consequences. Plan accordingly.
6/17/2019 11:13 AM
Posted by basoy6658 on 6/17/2019 10:20:00 AM (view original):
Thank you for your different insight guys. I appreciated your inputs and would love many more coaches talk about their take regarding this :)
There's nothing to discuss. You're asking for the addition of a feature that's already part of the game.

This thread is a complete waste of time, and worse, it's misleading for new players.
6/17/2019 11:36 AM
Posted by kcsundevil on 6/17/2019 11:36:00 AM (view original):
There's nothing to discuss. You're asking for the addition of a feature that's already part of the game.

This thread is a complete waste of time, and worse, it's misleading for new players.
Calling it like he sees it hahaha
6/17/2019 11:56 AM
Posted by kcsundevil on 6/17/2019 11:36:00 AM (view original):

Yeah, basoy, instead of misleading new players here on the forums, just find the threads they start and treat them like **** instead. Way better first impression.
6/17/2019 1:27 PM
I agree with the bulk of you. If you're at D3, you don't have to unlock D3 recruits. Same D2 with D2 players and D1 with D1 players.

When you decide to recruit from pools in divisions higher than yours (which in my opinion, is necessary to compete at a high level. Others will argue that it's not necessary), you are basically forfeiting that safety net of unlocking players for free on the last day. If that's your choice you have to live with it. The benefits from that choice are getting better players (more often than not). So over the course of a career, you're going to benefit from that choice a lot more than you will suffer consequences from it.

I see that the OP has 1 season showing for a career. The further you get in your career, you will see that it's really a non issue most of the time. You will get better and better each season at recruiting. Learning how to seal the deal with recruits. Learning when to push and when to walk away. Learning how to set up back up options. And you will see that with experience.

You will also look back and see things that you posted in the forums and think "can't believe i said that". I did as a new coach. It's ok. Until you can wrap your head around the entire game, and learn all the tricks and tactics, you'll always be a step behind the vets. But you will catch up. Just learn from your mistakes along the way, and do better the next time.
6/17/2019 8:54 PM
Posted by topdogggbm on 6/17/2019 8:54:00 PM (view original):
I agree with the bulk of you. If you're at D3, you don't have to unlock D3 recruits. Same D2 with D2 players and D1 with D1 players.

When you decide to recruit from pools in divisions higher than yours (which in my opinion, is necessary to compete at a high level. Others will argue that it's not necessary), you are basically forfeiting that safety net of unlocking players for free on the last day. If that's your choice you have to live with it. The benefits from that choice are getting better players (more often than not). So over the course of a career, you're going to benefit from that choice a lot more than you will suffer consequences from it.

I see that the OP has 1 season showing for a career. The further you get in your career, you will see that it's really a non issue most of the time. You will get better and better each season at recruiting. Learning how to seal the deal with recruits. Learning when to push and when to walk away. Learning how to set up back up options. And you will see that with experience.

You will also look back and see things that you posted in the forums and think "can't believe i said that". I did as a new coach. It's ok. Until you can wrap your head around the entire game, and learn all the tricks and tactics, you'll always be a step behind the vets. But you will catch up. Just learn from your mistakes along the way, and do better the next time.
This is mentorship at it's finest, very well said sir, I appreciate it.
6/17/2019 10:20 PM
Last Cycle of Recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.