Curious, what is your practice for adjusting to opponents? Do you adjust your formation to match your opponent, or do you adjust the playbook? Or both?
6/17/2019 2:36 PM
I am sure many do the same as I. I have several playbooks that are geared toward different schemes. I choose the playbook that mirrors what I want to do against an opponent. On both offense and defense.
6/17/2019 7:40 PM
I have one playbook on O and one on D.Sometimes I change it, most times I don't. Cruise control.
6/17/2019 7:53 PM
Jbar , let me answer you with a question. You are playing poker with 2 different fellas. You have observed over time that one guy plays Very conservative and won't bet unless he has a probable winning hand. The other guy is a risk taker and will often bluff.
Wouldn't you play each of these guys differently ?
6/17/2019 9:23 PM
On offense, I usually switch playbooks/formations season by season, not game by game, depending on who my best players are. On defense, I only play one formation. So I switch playbooks, depending on what type of offense the other team plays.
6/17/2019 9:33 PM
i'd explain all what i do but it would be wardo-like tortuous
6/18/2019 12:19 AM
Think the proper term is wardious, bag. It has transended into verbdom not that long ago
6/18/2019 1:19 AM
Posted by mojolad on 6/17/2019 9:23:00 PM (view original):
Jbar , let me answer you with a question. You are playing poker with 2 different fellas. You have observed over time that one guy plays Very conservative and won't bet unless he has a probable winning hand. The other guy is a risk taker and will often bluff.
Wouldn't you play each of these guys differently ?
Mojolad,that is pretty much my strategy, I try to mold my offense to the opponent. Defense too, just not as much. I thought I would ask as I am examining how I do things, feel like I am right on cusp. Making the playoffs fairly regularly, just getting smashed in rd1 and conference championships. Talent gap is there too, so I have to consider that.
6/18/2019 1:47 AM
When your talent gap is no longer meaningful you will be more successful.
6/18/2019 10:43 AM
I like to play one GP in the 1st quarter, and a different one in the 2nd quarter. That way I get to see 2 different offenses against my opponent in the 1st half, and I can make better decisions for my halftime adjustments.
6/19/2019 11:57 PM
yeah well i like to play one GP in the 1st quarter, and a different one in the 2nd quarter. That way I get to see 2 different defenses against my opponent in the 1st half, and I can make better decisions for my halftime adjustments.
6/20/2019 12:28 AM
I don't want to sound ignorant, but how can you use two different playbooks in a half?
6/20/2019 1:12 AM
Set the first GP as your main, then use the second GP for "Winning by 1 with 15m left", "Losing by 1 with 15m left", and "Tied with 15m left".
6/20/2019 10:02 AM
Ah, thank you. I'll consider that.
6/20/2019 5:00 PM
And there are extra slots that you can set your own parameters .
6/20/2019 6:32 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.