Cali - First 3rd world state Topic

Posted by dino27 on 7/7/2019 8:30:00 AM (view original):
yeah...the depression didnt start until fdr....and if there are lots of hobos now imagine if there was no social security or medicare.
we need a man like herbert hoover again.
also the usa during the 30s was getting along in a world in complete tatters and in fire before we even got into it.

i believe that there were a series of big tax cuts in the 1920's that preceded the depression.
the depression started before FDR

FDR won because people were tired of hobos and/or bein hobos

FDR kept on winnin because the people knew he was on their side

long live FDR
7/7/2019 2:03 PM

7/7/2019 2:06 PM
7/7/2019 7:21 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 7/7/2019 2:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dino27 on 7/7/2019 8:30:00 AM (view original):
yeah...the depression didnt start until fdr....and if there are lots of hobos now imagine if there was no social security or medicare.
we need a man like herbert hoover again.
also the usa during the 30s was getting along in a world in complete tatters and in fire before we even got into it.

i believe that there were a series of big tax cuts in the 1920's that preceded the depression.
the depression started before FDR

FDR won because people were tired of hobos and/or bein hobos

FDR kept on winnin because the people knew he was on their side

long live FDR
correctamente.....power to the people...right on !
without the safety nets and safeguards he started that other free industrialized nations also adopted we would have to become autocratic/ communist or fascist .
a successful economy and republic cant be over run by hobos sick people and machine gun totin bandits....and people keelin over and stuffing grandma and grandpa into the garage....or the laundry room.
7/7/2019 7:31 PM (edited)
Posted by bagchucker on 7/7/2019 1:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/7/2019 7:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bagchucker on 7/7/2019 1:52:00 AM (view original):
the homeless are ugly

not too different than hobos of the great depression

the difference now is we don authorize cops to bust heads and chase em outta town

larnin from US history we need a FDR or a war

lets get us a FDR. vote progressive
lol, the only thing that saved FDR and the country from financial ruin due to his policies was a war. Let's just skip the intermediate step this time, shall we?
its an idea

war is infrastructure spending

war is fiscal stimulus

nothing puts people to work like total war

its just the war years are hard
War is not just infrastructure, fiscal stimulus and employment (usually high-paying, high-skill manufacturing employment to boot)...it's also an impetus for new technology, the creation of new markets and acts as a relief valve and reset for social tensions/attitudes.

There hasn't been a good, old-fashioned, worldwide blood bath since 1945. Human instinct (which is to fight and kill each other, not to hold hands and sing Kumbaya) can only be stifled for so long before it explodes.
7/7/2019 10:45 PM (edited)
thats a great comment.
7/7/2019 10:09 PM
I hope Iran doesn't get a nuke. For your sakes. I'll be long gone before then.
7/8/2019 5:37 PM
Posted by DougOut on 7/8/2019 5:37:00 PM (view original):
I hope Iran doesn't get a nuke. For your sakes. I'll be long gone before then.
GO NOW!
7/8/2019 5:52 PM
7/14/2019 6:49 PM
Posted by all3 on 7/4/2019 9:25:00 AM (view original):

west coasters

hardy individualists

patriots too proud to accept a government handout

also the weather's nice

7/15/2019 4:19 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7
Cali - First 3rd world state Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.