Does anyone know what the IFA tiebreaker is if both clubs offer STI? What would happen if I offered a big league contract? It looks like the minimum "big league contract" I can do is $54,500.
6/18/2019 7:48 PM
The tie breaker should be $ most money wins as long as what they are asking for is offered.
6/19/2019 2:13 PM
Hey there, Lamps. If you have not already, try giving him a spring training invite.
6/19/2019 5:50 PM
I would assume that it works like FA if the offer is equal (money and STI) then coaches come in to play since there’s no chance of former team bonus. But that would just be a guess
6/19/2019 8:55 PM
Guys, in IFA there’s no limit to the signing bonus. Therefore there’s no tiebreakers. It’s just money.

6/19/2019 9:19 PM
I agree with mktulu. I would think that if a player had the exact same offer from multiple teams, it would work like FA.
6/19/2019 9:41 PM
Our league had a stud and for a second it appeared the top few bidders were bidding $30 mil (including myself). It looked like nobody had more than $30 mil in prospect money, and obviously guys were giving him a STI. I was trying to offer a major league contract since I have a little player payroll left, but wasn't sure if that was possible or a tiebreaker.
6/20/2019 7:31 PM
Anyways...my next question, does it seem like international scouting projections are always overly optimistic, like advanced scouting seems to be? I have $14 mil in intl scouting and trying to determine whether a projection is kind of the expected value or more of a maximum/optimistic expectation.
6/20/2019 7:33 PM
The ML contract wouldn't be a "tiebreaker" but it would make it so the competing offers were no longer equal because $30m bonus plus guarenteed ML contract has a greater dollar value than $30m bonus plus guaranteed minor league contract.

As for projections, they're wrong in either direction (even at $20m) but they sure seem to be overly optimistic for the cheap players. Sometimes the guy who ends up being truly elite doesn't look like it initially though.
6/20/2019 9:51 PM
Posted by damag on 6/19/2019 9:19:00 PM (view original):
Guys, in IFA there’s no limit to the signing bonus. Therefore there’s no tiebreakers. It’s just money.

Ding ding
6/21/2019 10:46 AM
Yes, but it's still possible for a guy to have multiples of the exact same offer. Think about leagues that have a cap on IFA spending.
6/21/2019 11:23 AM
Well, I understand that such leagues exist. I haven't been in one. But that's a limitation that's imposed by the league members themselves, not programmed into the simulation as it is in Free Agency. So, while it would be good to think tiebreakers work the same as in the case of regular Free Agency... can anyone confirm?
6/21/2019 1:24 PM
Tiebreakers were very likely programmed into IFAs because, in the initial release, budget transfers were not allowed, and so the maximum IFA bid across all HBD was $20M (+ STI, + major league contract of $327,000 a year x 5 years; they programmed out the major league contract offer some time later).

Whether those tiebreakers are the same as for FA I don't know, but it would be my first guess.
6/21/2019 4:47 PM
Ah, thank you. Someone who was here at the beginning. I didn't know transfers weren't an original feature. So the tiebreakers being the same would - you'd think - make sense.

6/21/2019 4:55 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.