Trying to game the system... Topic

I have the good fortune of being further ahead in my rebuild than anticipated. I scheduled some of the worst teams I could to help boost win total and recruiting vision. I have pretty solid Junior and Sophomore classes (my first two recruiting classes) with only 3 seniors in my class of 16 are starters (with one being a RS senior QB). I have no problem moving the seniors down in the depth chart, but will it hurt the juniors who would normally be starters if I move sophomores and freshmen in front of them to help boost ratings? I was only planning on doing in for 3-4 of the non-con games if the score dictates it. Should I just start be happy moving seniors to the bottom and letting the rest play out like it normally would? I do have my sub level set to 95 on all players at all positions to make sure snaps get spread out as much as possible.
6/20/2019 12:35 PM
Juniors will lose work ethic if they are not starting. Sophs might gain a little bit of work ethic if they are starting. Freshmen will definitely gain work ethic if they start. So, 1) You still need to win as many games as you can for at least 2 more seasons in order to really work on your vision, and B) What's your long range goal?
6/20/2019 10:18 PM
As far as a long range goal, I plan on staying in D-II for the foreseeable future. I have a team in D-I as well, but I don’t plan on moving up. I want to creat a team that can recruit and play with the best of them and compete for a title.

After this his season I probably won’t deploy this tactic. I’ll have a deeper roster and might choose 1-2 games to try to boost the younger players, but I’ll be RS my best recruits at that point for the extra year of gains. Right now my best recruits are needed to start and carry the load.
6/21/2019 8:38 AM
Hot shot recruits with high WE, I'd play. My advice on low WE players: Are they staring out as star players? Do they have high or very high potential? If the low WE players are lowly rated and/or don't have high or very high potential, starting them won't really help, and in my opinion that is wasting a starting spot. For example, This is what I'd do with your OL, granted, I don't know the potentials. Two seniors, Rodriquez and Schmitt., both blow #8 & #9 on depth chart. OL Karl Hampton, low WE, hasn't gained anything, he blows, #7. Osborne, low WE, hasn't grown much, extremely low IQ, #6. Start the rest, with Ford, Rios and White #1, #2, #3. You could start Hampton and Osborne over Ackerman and Buchanan, but the SRs are better players now, and Hampton and Osborne should only be back ups once you increase your vision and get better OLs. In my opinion, it could cost you games playing Hampton and Osborne for very little gain.
Bob
6/22/2019 8:57 AM
I don't like the title of this thread. "Gaming the system" is a phrase that is commonly used for cheating.
6/22/2019 5:15 PM
Posted by Indpnt1 on 6/22/2019 5:15:00 PM (view original):
I don't like the title of this thread. "Gaming the system" is a phrase that is commonly used for cheating.
Agree. It's not gaming the system, it's playing the cards you are dealt.
6/22/2019 5:20 PM
I guess I see gaming the system as using the rules to your advantage where most players don't realize it's an available option. Like getting two exhibition games for incoming freshmen. The opener in baseball is gaming the system. Within the rules, but not a common practice.
6/24/2019 12:10 PM
Regardless of how you see "gaming the system" I can tell you the phrase is most commonly used for either exploiting loopholes that most think should be closed, or outright cheating.
6/24/2019 6:26 PM
I would say that the recent Jeopardy record setter "gamed the system." Did he cheat? Nope. Just used the rules to his advantage, as powercat said.
6/24/2019 6:48 PM
i heard he was a bit player in a consortium with a device in his trousers that rj bell stimulated straight outta vegas

is what i heard
6/24/2019 7:42 PM
Bag is ex CIA and still has contacts for his info.
6/25/2019 12:20 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I was just pointing out that his thread title implied he wanted to cheat. He has since said that was not his intention. So, whatever...
6/25/2019 11:59 PM (edited)
He did not imply. You inferred.

Your inference was based on your interpretation of the phrase. In no way does gaming the system imply cheating to me. I have a different inference.
6/27/2019 10:47 PM
From that ultra-reliable source, wikipedia; a definiition to mull.

"Gaming the system (also gaming or bending the rules, or rigging, abusing, cheating, milking, playing, cheating the system, or working the system) can be defined as using the rules and procedures meant to protect a system to, instead, manipulate the system for a desired outcome."
6/27/2019 11:57 PM
12 Next ▸
Trying to game the system... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.