Countdown Draft League Season #3 Draft Topic

maglor1 1-3 category
jcred5 8-9 category

can both make their final picks anytime
these are the last two picks
7/5/2019 6:02 AM (edited)
Going out of town. Was hoping the league # would be out by now. Since it's not, probably won't be able to enter my team until Sunday night.
7/5/2019 8:41 AM
I need maglor1 to make his last pick before I can get the league number.
7/5/2019 10:29 AM
well... you don't actually have to wait. you could get a team together and create the league, and then if maglor1 picks one of your players you can edit the team later after a few other teams entered.
7/5/2019 10:35 AM
Jerry West 1 - 3
7/5/2019 10:38 AM
Julius Erving 8-9m
7/5/2019 11:07 AM
yay
7/5/2019 11:21 AM
League Number NBA62051
7/5/2019 11:31 AM
Please be careful in making your final roster selections so you don't accidentally take someone who was drafted late.
7/5/2019 11:32 AM
So where is the analysis by the last season's champion?
7/5/2019 10:20 PM
I'd also like to say that the tradition here is that the four division winners each write an eval for one division. The division winners were dh555, tau1624, pexetera and dBKC. If for some reason someone can't do this 24kpyrite can be the first alternate to do this.
7/8/2019 12:56 AM
We can't really do evals until all the teams are in and we are in divisions.
7/8/2019 12:57 AM
Central division evaluations:

Pexetera: Dwight/Giannis/Kawhi/Whiteside. This team definitely has the feel of a Pex team - high eFG, not many threes, probably a lot of wins. Getting Rondo’s best season late in the draft was a steal. He’s going to be the machine that gets your high eFG% guys going. Really surprised to see you not start #6 overall pick 9-11 Dwight.

Redbooda: this is a very modern looking team! Paul/Klay/George/KAT/Capela. That’s a very hard team to guard with a lot of balance on O. Boards might be a little light but you might make up for that elsewhere. I love the starting 5 but not the bench so much. Capela in the late 5th was a great pick.

Benjihall: Marion/Camby/Stockton is a MUCH better way to fill out the roster around AD/Bron than what the Lakers are doing right now. Brent Barry + Whiteside is a great duo coming off of the bench. I bet Marion’s eFG is going to be crazy since he has Bron/Stockton/Camby feeding him, even if he is playing SF at 98% efficiency.

Jcred: You have four huge guys in your starting 5 who can pass...pretty scary lineup. Kidd/Bron/Dray/Jokic/Wilt are going to give you one of the top passing teams in the league and obviously you’ll have great rebounding too. I like this team a lot. Magic, Dr J and Rondo off of the bench is fun too. I think you’ll get a lot of wins. I don’t really like pairing Jokic with a C who can’t switch with him on D (Wilt is only 90% PF) but if that’s you’re biggest problem, you’re fine.

Rubnsly: you started off with a very efficient duo of KD/KAT and then every move you made after was made to compliment them, which is a good plan. I like how some of your high picks are coming off of the bench to balance usage on the floor. Pippen as your last pick was a steal.

Me: I’m starting to think I picked KAJ just because it felt right...is he really *that* good to go so early? He presented some challenges to build around since he’s not a fantastic rebounder. I’m pretty happy with my Steph/Montrezl bench combo though.

Prediction: it’s going to be a bloodbath. The champ very well could come out of our division.
7/11/2019 8:09 AM
Atlantic Division Predictions

Maglor 48-34

Going to great on defense. Love Brand at SF with LeBron and Bledsoe in the backcourt.
Lots of rebounding 1-3 but not great overall.
Efficiency is good not great. Overall I think the team to beat.

BDS 46-36

Going to be tough to stop on offense. The Curry/Barkley combination is an absolute monster of usage and efficiency. Rebounding should be good.
However I think the defense may be the worst in division which will lead to a lot of shootouts.

SeaPilots 41-41

The Wallace and Shaq combo works perfectly with Shaq getting a lot of touches at his peak and Big Ben covering for Shaqs lack of rebounding. The defense should be strong as a unit. The team is light on shooting and assists are so-so.

Wonder Boys 41-41

I really like the Durant/Kawhi combo especially the Durant season which is one of my favorites. The team has strong efficiency but not a huge fan of Price and Moses at PG/C.

Ron South 35-47

The team will have strong passing led by Stockton and Billups with partial seasons of Bird and Pippen.
Overall though I think while the names are flashy this is mostly great players before they were great or after they were done. I don’t see enough shooting, efficiency or usage.

Ysw 34-48

I like that Ysw leaned hard into a different look with zero shooting. He has tons of passing and tremendous rebounding in the backcourt. But I see a lot of turnovers and the lack of shooting making defending him easier.

7/11/2019 7:17 PM
Midwest Division

All That Jazz
A pretty successful draft. No bad or wasted picks, and you chose the best seasons of the players in their respective salary ranges. The strongest rebounding team in the division, you should win the possession battle and limit second chance opportunities for your opponents. The defense inside is very strong, so should do very well against teams with high usage scoring inside. Nice balanced scoring. It's not my favorite season of Lebron, but certainly not a bad pick. Your top scorers shoot around 55%, with only low usage Rodman shooting under 50%. It would be nice if the higher usage players shot a little more efficiently, but for that draft spot, Karl Malone and David Robinson were your two best options and you took one of the two best available. No weak positions, this team should be a strong contender for division lead and final four playoff team. What would I do differently? Not much. Not a fan of Boogie, who probably won't see many minutes in the playoffs anyway. Playoffs: Yes, 53 wins
Marvel Hero: Incredible Hulk

Bono's 1st Countdown
I like teams centered around KG at SF. 02-03 KG is one of the best SF's in the game, he brings so much else to the position that it overcomes his relatively low efg% for his usage. Porter and DeAndre were great pickups. Korver's high efg% is offset by his low usage, and his below average defense keeps him off most of my rosters. I wouldn't have drafted Shaq in the 1-3 category either, but at least his high efg% comes with high usage. Kareem is not a bad pick, but he'll be outmatched most of the time with his lack of rebounding. Despite DeAndre Jordan, it's not one of the better rebounding teams in the division. Predicting 40 wins and missing the playoffs.
Marvel Hero: Mr. Fantastic

Duncan DoNuts
Bird / Magic together again. Was the Dream Team the only time they played together IRL? It is a great shame that Bird centered teams rarely do well in the SIM. The season you chose is one of the top Bird seasons, and the best in the $9-11M range. I personally would have drafted 13-14 Drummond over 18-19 Drummond in the $7-8 price category. 18-19 gives more rebounding, but 13-14 is more efficient... and I value higher efg% over higher reb%. also 18-19 has higher usage, so he's shooting more, but worse than 13-14. at least worse than you want 22.1%+ usage guys to shoot. I also like the 81-82 season of Magic better than the 88-89 season you drafted in that price category. 81-82 is less usage, but more efficient and higher def. You want your 22.1%+ usage guys to shoot better than 53.5% (I prefer >=55% for 22.1%+ usage). The good news is that with both Magic and Nash this team will be dishing out more dimes than any other team in the conference. Maybe when they're both on the court at the same time it'll be enough to get a FG% boost. Playoffs: No cigar. 38 wins
Marvel Hero: Power Man and Iron Fist

Peter's Tingle
A lot to like about this team. DeAndre Jordan, Gobert, and Hakeem are a great big man rotation. Only thing is Hakeem's efg% is too low for his usage, but much like Garnett, Hakeem does so much else so well that it overcomes that. It's the best offensive rebounding team in the division, so that'll give second chance opportunities to make up for Hakeems low efg%. I like that Kirilenko at SG. and I like Bobby Jones at SF (unfortunate that his best season is at 95% SF). I do prefer 82-83 Magic over 84-85 (84-85 Magic's low 53 defense is going to allow opponents scoring PGs to put up big numbers) Playoffs: Yes, 47 wins.
Marvel Hero: Spider Man, of course

Semper Fortis
Once mptrey took the Mailman, then the Admiral became a no-brainer and a steal with the 12th pick.
You have a great SF in Marion. Pair with one of the best PGs in the game with 14-15 CP3, and you have a powerhouse. You have Klay's best season as well, and Tyson and DeAndre are super efficient. Hard to believe $3-4M Kirilenko wasn't drafted, he's great at SF. Did you actually draft Moses from his time with the Spirit's of St. Louis? Glad you got him before someone else snapped him up...those Spirit's go fast. Playoffs: Yes, 53 wins and contender for division lead.
Marvel Hero: Captain America

Sioux City Lawyers
Came so close to drafting this Giannis, but didn't want my first round pick to give me only 29 mpg. But what a 29 minutes it will be! I like Ginobili, Iguodala, and Walton... all good picks and the correct seasons used. Love Larry Nance at SF. Love Kevin McHale at SF. Don't love either at PF. You drafted two great SFs. Either one of these players should have been drafted, but only one of them because it cost you some possessions with lack of rebounding when they're both in the game. If you fill all 48 min at SF with these two guys, it should be a great team. All good players and seasons. Hard to predict this team. At worst, 50 wins. At best, 57 wins and division leader. Playoffs: Yes.
Marvel Hero: Daredevil (alter-ego Matt Murdock is a lawyer) It was either that or She-Hulk. Also a lawyer.
7/12/2019 7:36 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...20|21|22
Countdown Draft League Season #3 Draft Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.