Bowl wins and losses Topic

I was wondering how bowl wins and losses figure into your prestige level for recruiting purposes. Do any of you DIA gurus have any thoughts? I'm sure that in general a win counts for more than a loss, but how does it actually work to help you with recruiting? Does a loss in a level 2 bowl count for more than a win in a level 3 bowl? I haven't been able to find anything in the dev chats. Does anyone have any theories? (Other than you, Wardo)
6/22/2019 10:40 AM
Posted by scrodz on 6/22/2019 10:40:00 AM (view original):
I was wondering how bowl wins and losses figure into your prestige level for recruiting purposes. Do any of you DIA gurus have any thoughts? I'm sure that in general a win counts for more than a loss, but how does it actually work to help you with recruiting? Does a loss in a level 2 bowl count for more than a win in a level 3 bowl? I haven't been able to find anything in the dev chats. Does anyone have any theories? (Other than you, Wardo)
#NotMy Wardo Dang... Actually I have had the same question about that as well. Looking forward to the answer scrodz (GG by the way)
6/22/2019 7:39 PM
I have an unscientific method I use to determine my relative prestige ... basically, the pre-season rankings that come out (Coaches and Press Polls). In D1A, one of them ALWAYS lists the top 14 teams as the 14 elites regardless of recent results so I use that one. Once you get outside of the top 40 you basically have 0 prestige so avoid recruiting battles.

I haven't paid attention to whether or not bowl wins specifically impact this, but it generally takes a while of sustained success to get a non-elite into the top 20. I'll check the rankings next year to see if there are any non BCS schools because we have some in Warner that have been decent for a while, but it might be that they automatically go behind all of the BCS schools (who are all automatically behind all the Elites),
6/23/2019 9:09 PM
Bowl Winner
6/25/2019 12:23 AM
Bowl wins and losses Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.