RANDOM CAPTAIN 38—Full Topic

I predicted to myself that I would draw Danny Darwin or......Derek Jeter!

Note to self: no Paul O'Neill, no Paul O'Neill.....that Ginger always lets me down!
6/26/2019 4:17 AM
Past The Diving will make a fine captain!

League # sent via sitemail.
6/26/2019 10:33 AM
Yeeeeeesh. All that talent & I get Ron Fairly? lol... Ron Fairly mediocre, lol...
don't remember last seasn's captain & had Chris Ianetta my first go round -
maybe next season's 4th time will be a charm
Ron Fairly?! We're playing this season under protest :)) just kidding, but Yeeesh.
6/26/2019 9:53 PM
...just looked it up... Juan Pierre flies through the air :)) well...time to look up Mr. Ron Fairly & see if your teammates can do better than Chris Ianetta & Juan Pierre :)) always a fun Roster build & League :)) I'll keep my grumblings to myself & play ball ! Good Luck, everyone!
6/26/2019 10:01 PM
royhobbs09, as I wrote to another owner in a sitemail a fews ago about how I pick these captains:

It's all very subjective and of course every season there's an owner (or two!) who disagrees with me, but my way of deciding on who's worthy as a captain in this theme is loading up his teammates in the draft center and asking myself, "Would I have a chance with these guys?"

So at the beginning of the season I truly believe all these guys have a shot. I hope Ron Fairly proves me right!

P.S. Some great 20 year HOF'ers, like Walter Johnson and Willie Stargell, didn't make the cut. Don't think I'd ever use them as captains unless the cap were lowered or something radical happened with player salaries.
6/27/2019 1:10 AM
◂ Prev 12
RANDOM CAPTAIN 38—Full Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.