reparations Topic

thank you guys.
7/11/2019 12:13 AM
so who gets paid

i mean come on
7/11/2019 3:21 AM
maybe nobody....maybe money goes somewhere.
or maybe sorted out.
something real can get done.
7/11/2019 7:41 AM
Posted by bagchucker on 7/11/2019 3:21:00 AM (view original):
so who gets paid

i mean come on
People who are 1/1024 Native American?
7/11/2019 9:22 AM
Posted by all3 on 7/11/2019 9:22:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bagchucker on 7/11/2019 3:21:00 AM (view original):
so who gets paid

i mean come on
People who are 1/1024 Native American?
she is more american then you are.
7/11/2019 9:24 AM
i guess one is more prone to want reparations to african americans or the african american community if you are not a republican christian.
by and large they are the ones most against it.
just a fact jack.
i bet most jews are for it.
why - we walk the walk....we were there too....with our holocaust.....that is why we are always at the front of a march.
we are ashamed of our jewish slave owners....there were a few.
those descended from slave owners who are now white republicans feel no or less shame about slavery and feel no interest in reperations.because they were not slave owners.
most jews feel the need for reperations - as american citizens.......trying to make amends...to a people wronged.
all3 - you can untangle all of that.
im a loon.

7/11/2019 9:37 AM
Bags, NO one gets paid. Perhaps, some funding gets dedicated to improving the lives of impoverished peoples who have substantial claims of injustice. Many specific American Indian Nations, for example. For descendants of black slavery it would be more difficult to target (effectively and correctly) I suppose, but still certain locales could likely be identified that are in poverty (at least) partially as a result of our slave owning history. Certain towns, maybe, certain sections of inner city, perhaps. Personally, I think we should attack poverty BLINDLY, without regard to any reparation movements or COLOR.

You don't need to be able to see red to (easily) acknowledge the injustice and resulting poverty WE have inflicted on our Native American Indians through our Governmental policies of the past. By WE, I mean OUR Country. OUR ancestors. They indeed DID use extermination policies on (some of) our Native tribes, and TODAY, nowhere is poverty and misery so prevalent within our borders. I'd think reparations for them would be in order, BUT even then, I'd use $$$ carefully, sparingly. Put the dollars in schools, job training programs, health assistance, basic skills training, etc.

Payments to individuals of cash should NOT be a part of reparations. That would just continue the enslavement as the CASH would eventually run out!
What then?
Sell what they bought?
Then what?
Poverty again?
repeat cycle?
That is insane!
7/11/2019 10:56 AM
i agree it should not be cash.
i think some real reparations with a strong acknowledgement is due.
and as i have said before the same for native americans.
they should be helped in a major way.
7/11/2019 11:31 AM
Posted by dino27 on 7/11/2019 9:37:00 AM (view original):
i guess one is more prone to want reparations to african americans or the african american community if you are not a republican christian.
just a fact jack.
why - we walk the walk....we were there too....with our holocaust.....that is why we are always at the front of a march.
those descended from slave owners who are now white republicans feel no or less shame about slavery and feel no interest in reperations.because they were not slave owners.
most jews feel the need for reperations - as american citizens.......trying to make amends...to a people wronged.
im a loon.

You are not a loon, dino...but sometimes you come across as angry and say over-the-top things just to be argumentative.
7/11/2019 3:05 PM
Over the top? Here? On an internet forum? NO!?
Sometimes it's appropriate to be angry.
We SHOULD be angry about being lied to and manipulated by our POTUS!
7/11/2019 4:58 PM
TOUCHDOWN BOB!
7/11/2019 5:11 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/11/2019 3:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dino27 on 7/11/2019 9:37:00 AM (view original):
just a fact jack.
im a loon.

You are not a loon, dino...but sometimes you come across as angry and say over-the-top things just to be argumentative.
you are correct sir.
but i will be honest about something.....really really honest.
the one segment of people in this country that i like the least are the white republican evangelicals.
i see them as the biggest hypocrites we have ....im against blind loyalty of any kind......and they are supposedly religious but able to lionize a bum of a man like trump....they are a danger to the rest of us....in the way they approach facts and religious choices.
in my heart of hearts i really mean it.
that is how i feel not filtering what i think.
7/11/2019 11:10 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 7/11/2019 4:58:00 PM (view original):
Over the top? Here? On an internet forum? NO!?
Sometimes it's appropriate to be angry.
We SHOULD be angry about being lied to and manipulated by our POTUS!
This POTUS is no different than any other Politician in recent History, today, or in the near future - he or she tells us what he or she thinks the majority of us want to hear.
I'm angry that people in these Forums keep trying to lie to me and manipulate my opinion of that POTUS.
Give me facts and proof instead of innuendo and opinions.
7/12/2019 9:28 AM
Fact - He's a LIAR
7/12/2019 9:56 AM
Posted by rsp777 on 7/12/2019 9:56:00 AM (view original):
Fact - He's a LIAR
Give me an option that isn't.
HRC, my only other true option last election, was at least as big a liar. We're already finding-out that the Dems leading candidate for 2020, Biden, is also a liar.
It's what Politicians of this era do. There is no proof that Trump is any worse than the other Party-controlled puppets that repeat what they are told.
7/12/2019 10:26 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
reparations Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.