Tinkle-Down Economics Topic

Thanks Ronnie Raygun----most overrated Prez in history

6/26/2019 1:23 PM
the first george bush who called it voodoo economics and then raised taxes because he had to and had the guts and patriotism to do it was one of the most underrated and a great one termer.
6/26/2019 1:30 PM
I may not have agreed at the time but looking back I think you are right.
6/26/2019 2:52 PM
there hasnt been a good republican president in 27 years and counting.
6/26/2019 5:24 PM
The Gop peaked with IKE
6/26/2019 8:34 PM

i voted for ronny raygun so we could get new tanks

my little brother was in the gulf war about ten years later

good vote by me

6/27/2019 1:51 AM (edited)
Wrong about the Ike comment. The GOP peaked with Lincoln.
6/27/2019 8:54 AM
Posted by laramiebob on 6/27/2019 8:54:00 AM (view original):
Wrong about the Ike comment. The GOP peaked with Lincoln.
Perhaps, but I did find the Interstate Highway system helpful in my life work. It was unusual for a Republican do something that benefited everyone, not just the elite wealthy class.
6/27/2019 9:29 AM
the only major criticism against ike was that he wasnt bold on civil rights but he did fight mccarthy and he was absolutely not a segregationist... just did not use full power. However he did strongly enforce brown v board of education in little rock alabama which was a major historical milestone of american history....must be credited with being the first to alert the country to the potential danger of the military industrial complex...he used that term.
looked a little like don rickles....but was classy and civil.
a way better then average president who goes up in his evaluation steadily.
and yes the interstate highway was a major accomplishment.
6/27/2019 9:41 AM
As a pre schooler I remember a road trip between Pittsburgh and Cleveland that took the better part of a day. This was pre interstate. Imagine what a real road trip would have been like in those days
6/27/2019 10:09 AM
Kansas proves that Trump's tax cuts don't work long-term.

A democrat was elected in Kansas. That's how bad the tax cuts were.
6/27/2019 1:58 PM
Kansas is STILL collecting tolls on much of it's portion of the Interstate system!! The interstate system ruined small town America! Drive US Hwy 2 instead of Interstate 90 sometime. You'll see what I'm referring to.
6/27/2019 2:34 PM

6/28/2019 1:18 PM
Tinkle-Down Economics Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.