Dueling Dems Round V Topic

Posted by dahsdebater on 8/2/2019 11:01:00 AM (view original):
First of all, cite your sources. That 80% is nothing close to what I remember. Second, there are plenty of reasons people dislike/suspect opposing politicians that have nothing to do with race.
If you think Obama wasn't born in America, you are a racist. The end.
8/2/2019 1:05 PM
Posted by dino27 on 7/31/2019 1:49:00 PM (view original):
ive always boiled it down to this -
unless abortion is a major issue what is the reason why middle class and below middle class whites would want to vote republian
and the only answer i have ever come up with is race.
you're ignoring white Appalachia

children of northern England and Scotland

for whom independence from the crown and personal liberty are number one

anti regulation, anti law, anti charity, pro personal responsibility

8/2/2019 1:14 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 8/2/2019 12:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 8/2/2019 9:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 8/1/2019 5:27:00 PM (view original):
You got specific. I can answer. Honestly, I don't know. Could you furnish me with the current Republican party Platform?
I'll read it and let you know. Though I don't know why you'd care what I thought about it since I'm not a republican and you hate parties so much.
But, I'd read it. I like comedy.
So you keep throwing accusations of Racism at a group even though you have no idea what they stand for?
You don't see any issue with that?
Fair enough. I still haven't seen the Repugnant platform as it is currently, so I have no idea. However, I have been thinking about this.

I've got an example for you. Pretty current one. Like right NOW!

Trump is Potus. The "R's" have the Senate (majority)
They control judicial appointments. They can get ANY appointee to the Federal bench approved and seated they want.
In FACT, that has been BOTH McConnell and Trump's go to line when referring to this Administration's so-called "achievements".

Trump has repeatedly referred to his success with judicial appointments as his Legacy.

FACTS:

Trump has now appointed (approx.) 25% of ALL Appeals Court Judges (Fed level) AND He has Now appointed 15% of ALL Fed District Court judges.
He has been very successful in getting HIS nominations on the bench thanks to McConnell (a Republican) and the REPUBLICAN Senate.

More Facts:

Trump has NOT NOMINATED (Nor has their been seated, of course) a SINGLE person with Black or Brown skin. NO Blacks, No Latinos.
In FACT: 70% of his appointees have been WHITE MALE.

Want more evidence of How racist the Repugnant Party presently is?:

The last sitting Black representative within the Republican Party just announced He won't run for re-election (Rep. Hurd of Texas)
He (Hurd) was also the ONLY Republican in Congress from a Congressional Dist. along our Southern Border!!
You might also take a look at how many Females are in the Repugnant half of Congress.
You can count them on your fingers and toes so stupidity is NOT an excuse!

It has taken me many years to understand and conclude that the Republican Party has been a refuge for and has now been taken over by Racists!
I guess I'm a tad slow.

So let's see, we have a nearly all white male party who opposed civil rights at every step, who continues to harbor and apologize for white nationalist sentiment, and who are AT THIS VERY MOMENT going about a concerted and calculated effort to stock the Federal Bench with white male judges.

Ain't no racism in any of that. Nope.

BTW: Welcome to the debate Dah's Debater!
that there is a powerful reply
8/2/2019 1:22 PM
Posted by tangplay on 8/2/2019 1:05:00 PM (view original):
First of all, cite your sources. That 80% is nothing close to what I remember. Second, there are plenty of reasons people dislike/suspect opposing politicians that have nothing to do with race.
There is no logic that supports this assertion. Ay all.
8/2/2019 1:36 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 8/2/2019 1:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 8/2/2019 1:05:00 PM (view original):
There is no logic that supports this assertion. Ay all.
You are correct, nothing but pure racism could explain why people think Obama wasn't born in America. You honestly believe people question it if Obama is white?
8/2/2019 2:29 PM
Heck, Tangy. SOME folks questioned if McCain was born in America? He was born in the Panama Canal Zone I believe. To an active member of our Military. For SOME folks no amount of white is white enough.
8/2/2019 2:41 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 8/2/2019 1:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 8/2/2019 12:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 8/2/2019 9:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 8/1/2019 5:27:00 PM (view original):
You got specific. I can answer. Honestly, I don't know. Could you furnish me with the current Republican party Platform?
I'll read it and let you know. Though I don't know why you'd care what I thought about it since I'm not a republican and you hate parties so much.
But, I'd read it. I like comedy.
So you keep throwing accusations of Racism at a group even though you have no idea what they stand for?
You don't see any issue with that?
Fair enough. I still haven't seen the Repugnant platform as it is currently, so I have no idea. However, I have been thinking about this.

I've got an example for you. Pretty current one. Like right NOW!

Trump is Potus. The "R's" have the Senate (majority)
They control judicial appointments. They can get ANY appointee to the Federal bench approved and seated they want.
In FACT, that has been BOTH McConnell and Trump's go to line when referring to this Administration's so-called "achievements".

Trump has repeatedly referred to his success with judicial appointments as his Legacy.

FACTS:

Trump has now appointed (approx.) 25% of ALL Appeals Court Judges (Fed level) AND He has Now appointed 15% of ALL Fed District Court judges.
He has been very successful in getting HIS nominations on the bench thanks to McConnell (a Republican) and the REPUBLICAN Senate.

More Facts:

Trump has NOT NOMINATED (Nor has their been seated, of course) a SINGLE person with Black or Brown skin. NO Blacks, No Latinos.
In FACT: 70% of his appointees have been WHITE MALE.

Want more evidence of How racist the Repugnant Party presently is?:

The last sitting Black representative within the Republican Party just announced He won't run for re-election (Rep. Hurd of Texas)
He (Hurd) was also the ONLY Republican in Congress from a Congressional Dist. along our Southern Border!!
You might also take a look at how many Females are in the Repugnant half of Congress.
You can count them on your fingers and toes so stupidity is NOT an excuse!

It has taken me many years to understand and conclude that the Republican Party has been a refuge for and has now been taken over by Racists!
I guess I'm a tad slow.

So let's see, we have a nearly all white male party who opposed civil rights at every step, who continues to harbor and apologize for white nationalist sentiment, and who are AT THIS VERY MOMENT going about a concerted and calculated effort to stock the Federal Bench with white male judges.

Ain't no racism in any of that. Nope.

BTW: Welcome to the debate Dah's Debater!
that there is a powerful reply
TY Sir Bags! I always appreciate your concise logic as well............ when I can decipher it........
8/2/2019 2:44 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 8/2/2019 2:41:00 PM (view original):
Heck, Tangy. SOME folks questioned if McCain was born in America? He was born in the Panama Canal Zone I believe. To an active member of our Military. For SOME folks no amount of white is white enough.
This just shows that stupid people are going to be stupid, regardless of skin color or Party. You are making my point. Thank you.

I do appreciate you finally answering why you believe the Repubs are racist. I'm not ever going to try to explain other people's actions, so I have no idea why Trump, and other Repubs before him, nominated who they nominated, but I will say that all people, regardless of gender, race, age, and everything else, tend to lean toward selecting someone like themselves.
8/2/2019 2:52 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 8/2/2019 2:41:00 PM (view original):
Right, but they didn't question that he was lying or making up something about where he was born like they did for Obama.
8/2/2019 3:23 PM
"This is why the so-called "identity politics" are so damaging. It doesn't matter how benevolent your intentions are. If you focus on differences in race or gender, you inherently group people by those characteristics. When you frame things in this way you automatically make people in each group feel that they will have to give something up in order for the other groups to improve. The effective framework is to draw bigger circles - don't talk about groups, talk about making things better for everyone. Virtually all of the most effective civil rights leaders in history have understood this. MLK, Mandela, Gandhi - their speeches and writings are full of "bigger circle" analogies, asking for everyone to be treated well, often without mentioning their specific groups at all. You can't fight subconscious human nature. The us-them response is part of the automatic response system, it's not governed by conscious thought. The best intentions in the world can't overcome it. Identity politics can't work. At least not with humans."

THIS! I absolutely agree with this.
To actually SOLVE problems and heal division you NEED be inclusive.
Instead this Administration, this Rep. party is openly dividing us. Pitting one group vs. the other. It's inner city Baltimore, those people. Them! It's the hordes of brownies swarming our borders. Them. If only we could get rid of them. Send them back home. While you're at it, send anybody who looks different, talks different, and especially that disagrees with me BACK home. Things will be better then.
The Party is headed by a liar who uses opinion research and lies posted on twitter attempting to influence opinion and the resulting research to pander to the most base weakness of humans. Fear of the other.
Do yo know that a large portion of those prospective Federal Judges that Trump is now appointing would NOT even state whether or not they supported the Supreme Court's landmark Brown V. Board of Education decision?! It is true. IF you don't know the importance of THAT decision on race in this Country I would submit you're already a racist. Perhaps just thru ignorance, but racist none the less.

I agree with all3 that to a major extent BOTH Parties are broken. Morally bankrupt.
But one party is VERY exclusionary. Worse yet it harbors and defends racists. The other Party is just the opposite. Some say too much so.
I doubt the Repugs. would even countenance "The Squad"s" members for example.

This Country needs a new voice to emerge. A voice of inclusion and reason.
A voice that recognizes the horrid evil that is racism. That understands the legacy that WE as Americans have throughout our society. As mentioned above, a tendency to fear others of difference and to group by appearance and tradition. It has NEVER served us well. It is a human weakness.

Recognize that, unfortunately, leaders have failed before. Our Gov't has made horrid mistakes. Committed horrifically immoral acts. It is our past. It has to be reckoned with. We had bottoms. Many of them. All over the place. Racism EVEN in the so-called Free states. (Google, Nicodemus, Kansas!) Doesn't anybody remember Bosque Redondo? or that guy those rednecks drug to death behind their truck on a chain in Texas a few years ago? How long must we pretend we're somehow different as humans than the rest? We're not. But, we've been courageous in the past. We've sucked it up, almost en masse! when we needed to.

We need to now. We need to, at least, summon the courage to admit the truth.
What happened in 2016 WILL eventually be widely known.
Your children will KNOW just how much Russia had to do with Trump. And I ain't talking about just his election!
We've erred before. We ratified the 18th amendment. And then realized we F'd up and quickly undid it.
A national ooops! Mulligan.

No one has all the answers. But I've learned..... you can't trust an inveterate liar. EVER!
About anything.

The G.O.P. is Grand no more. It's conscience has been stolen by nationalists and bigots.
The party will implode on itself. It's only hope is that within it a warrior or two will muster the courage to stand up, face the truth, and cast the racists from their mists.

Meantime, the only game in town is definitely in play.
Make your children proud. Overcome your weakness, beat fear. Unite against Racism.

Tulsi 2020
For ALL of America.

8/2/2019 3:52 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 8/2/2019 3:52:00 PM (view original):
"This is why the so-called "identity politics" are so damaging. It doesn't matter how benevolent your intentions are. If you focus on differences in race or gender, you inherently group people by those characteristics. When you frame things in this way you automatically make people in each group feel that they will have to give something up in order for the other groups to improve. The effective framework is to draw bigger circles - don't talk about groups, talk about making things better for everyone. Virtually all of the most effective civil rights leaders in history have understood this. MLK, Mandela, Gandhi - their speeches and writings are full of "bigger circle" analogies, asking for everyone to be treated well, often without mentioning their specific groups at all. You can't fight subconscious human nature. The us-them response is part of the automatic response system, it's not governed by conscious thought. The best intentions in the world can't overcome it. Identity politics can't work. At least not with humans."

THIS! I absolutely agree with this.
To actually SOLVE problems and heal division you NEED be inclusive.
Instead this Administration, this Rep. party is openly dividing us. Pitting one group vs. the other. It's inner city Baltimore, those people. Them! It's the hordes of brownies swarming our borders. Them. If only we could get rid of them. Send them back home. While you're at it, send anybody who looks different, talks different, and especially that disagrees with me BACK home. Things will be better then.
The Party is headed by a liar who uses opinion research and lies posted on twitter attempting to influence opinion and the resulting research to pander to the most base weakness of humans. Fear of the other.
Do yo know that a large portion of those prospective Federal Judges that Trump is now appointing would NOT even state whether or not they supported the Supreme Court's landmark Brown V. Board of Education decision?! It is true. IF you don't know the importance of THAT decision on race in this Country I would submit you're already a racist. Perhaps just thru ignorance, but racist none the less.

I agree with all3 that to a major extent BOTH Parties are broken. Morally bankrupt.
But one party is VERY exclusionary. Worse yet it harbors and defends racists. The other Party is just the opposite. Some say too much so.
I doubt the Repugs. would even countenance "The Squad"s" members for example.

This Country needs a new voice to emerge. A voice of inclusion and reason.
A voice that recognizes the horrid evil that is racism. That understands the legacy that WE as Americans have throughout our society. As mentioned above, a tendency to fear others of difference and to group by appearance and tradition. It has NEVER served us well. It is a human weakness.

Recognize that, unfortunately, leaders have failed before. Our Gov't has made horrid mistakes. Committed horrifically immoral acts. It is our past. It has to be reckoned with. We had bottoms. Many of them. All over the place. Racism EVEN in the so-called Free states. (Google, Nicodemus, Kansas!) Doesn't anybody remember Bosque Redondo? or that guy those rednecks drug to death behind their truck on a chain in Texas a few years ago? How long must we pretend we're somehow different as humans than the rest? We're not. But, we've been courageous in the past. We've sucked it up, almost en masse! when we needed to.

We need to now. We need to, at least, summon the courage to admit the truth.
What happened in 2016 WILL eventually be widely known.
Your children will KNOW just how much Russia had to do with Trump. And I ain't talking about just his election!
We've erred before. We ratified the 18th amendment. And then realized we F'd up and quickly undid it.
A national ooops! Mulligan.

No one has all the answers. But I've learned..... you can't trust an inveterate liar. EVER!
About anything.

The G.O.P. is Grand no more. It's conscience has been stolen by nationalists and bigots.
The party will implode on itself. It's only hope is that within it a warrior or two will muster the courage to stand up, face the truth, and cast the racists from their mists.

Meantime, the only game in town is definitely in play.
Make your children proud. Overcome your weakness, beat fear. Unite against Racism.

Tulsi 2020
For ALL of America.

This was funny.
8/2/2019 4:21 PM
So are Graveyards to some. And Ghost towns. I bet you can hear the wind now........... gently howling thru the emptiness between your ears.
8/2/2019 4:33 PM
HA! HA! RSP123 GOT REDLINED!
8/2/2019 5:51 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 8/2/2019 4:33:00 PM (view original):
So are Graveyards to some. And Ghost towns. I bet you can hear the wind now........... gently howling thru the emptiness between your ears.
In Baltimore?
8/2/2019 6:41 PM
Wherever you hold your head my friend. Walk in Beauty. Don't listen to those voices.
8/2/2019 7:50 PM
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17|18|19...37 Next ▸
Dueling Dems Round V Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.