Dueling Dems Round V Topic

Posted by laramiebob on 9/19/2019 9:08:00 AM (view original):
Pretty cynical viewpoint. Very well could be right. The "parties" are sick and THEY ARE responsible for our very damaged political system.
All3 and I agree on very little. But we do agree on the "value" of the two parties. THEY are the real enemy. They treat us voters like the blind idiots MOST of us are!
I assume (perhaps incorrectly) that this was in response to my comment. If not, my apologies.

I'd like to say that the three of us are in complete agreement here but I can't. The true enemy of The United States of America are its citizens. We allow this jackass two-party system to not only exist but to thrive. Americans have become ignorant, decadent and lazy.

When the epitaph for the USA is written, it should say something like "Died by our own hand."
9/19/2019 9:26 AM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 9/19/2019 5:34:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 9/13/2019 7:01:00 PM (view original):
I watched it all, although I glazed over a bit during hour 3.

Winners:
Buttigieg - Well spoken as per usual. Smart. Great story about serving under don't ask, don't tell. Was the most convincing out of the candidates on healthcare.
Castro - He was correct in attacking Biden and called him out repeatedly.
Klobuchar - If/When Biden implodes, she's setting herself up to be a nice alternative.
Sanders - Weak for most of the night, but a great answer to the healthcare question.
Yang - He came out as a Patriots hater. Earned my support.

Meh:
Warren
Booker
Beto (he stands out on guns, but he's blah everywhere else)

Losers:
Harris - Couldn't stop laughing at her jokes, horrible answer to the question on her criminal record, and focused too much on Trump and weak quips.
Biden - Still gaffe-proned.
DNC - #wheresTulsi
lol, your own comment from the 13th. Do you think he told a story about don't ask, don't tell by accident?

Besides, Buttigieg does not necessarily need to mention his sexual orientation every moment of the day. There are legions of news outlets doing that already.

There's nothing wrong with this tactic. The RNC uses the same tactic when they throw out some bible-thumping clown like a Huckabee or Robertson. I'm just a little amused that some are taking Buttigieg seriously (as in a serious candidate.) He's serving his party and doing it nobly.
Hilarious.

PS - How’d those tickets work out for ya?
9/19/2019 10:21 AM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 9/19/2019 9:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 9/19/2019 9:08:00 AM (view original):
Pretty cynical viewpoint. Very well could be right. The "parties" are sick and THEY ARE responsible for our very damaged political system.
All3 and I agree on very little. But we do agree on the "value" of the two parties. THEY are the real enemy. They treat us voters like the blind idiots MOST of us are!
I assume (perhaps incorrectly) that this was in response to my comment. If not, my apologies.

I'd like to say that the three of us are in complete agreement here but I can't. The true enemy of The United States of America are its citizens. We allow this jackass two-party system to not only exist but to thrive. Americans have become ignorant, decadent and lazy.

When the epitaph for the USA is written, it should say something like "Died by our own hand."
I WISH I could disagree, but I can't. It would be like trying to deny that I have an *******. True dat.

We have us a problem. Failure to communicate.
Lots of noise, no real discourse. NOBODY really listens.

Everyone thinks they know. Nobody is willing to say "wait a minute, I only know what I know", just what IS he/she saying??
Everybody gets all their info from a source they already agree with.
It's the common denominator stupidity circus. (I just made that up!)

The more we re-enforce our own opinions---basically keep telling ourselves how freaking smart we are-----the more ignorant (stupid) we become because we have no REAL understanding of ANYTHING outside our own pre-conceived notions and patterns/lifeways.
Mental inbreeding. (I made that one up, too!)

It's why I occasionally tune in Fox. Even though Hannity makes me puke and I wanna smash his pretty boy face in...........plus I think Martha Maccallum is kinda hot.
End of daily rant.
Boycott the DNC!
9/19/2019 12:03 PM
While it's called confirmation bias, I kinda like the ring of the Common Denominator Stupidity Circus. I may steal that for my own if you don't copyright it in short order.
9/19/2019 12:31 PM
Go for it. lol
But register Mental Inbreeding for me while you're at it.

When I grow up I wanna cut Hannity's hair.
Not sure regular clippers are gonna work well, though.
Might have to laser it.
I wanna see what He looks like bald.
9/19/2019 12:41 PM

Winners:
Buttigieg - Well spoken as per usual. Smart. Great story about serving under don't ask, don't tell. Was the most convincing out of the candidates on healthcare.
Klobuchar - If/When Biden implodes, she's setting herself up to be a nice alternative.
Sanders - Weak for most of the night, but a great answer to the healthcare question.

Meh:
Warren
Booker

Losers:
Harris - Couldn't stop laughing at her jokes, horrible answer to the question on her criminal record, and focused too much on Trump and weak quips.
DNC - #wheresTulsi
lol, your own comment from the 13th. Do you think he told a story about don't ask, don't tell by accident?

Besides, Buttigieg does not necessarily need to mention his sexual orientation every moment of the day. There are legions of news outlets doing that already.

There's nothing wrong with this tactic. The RNC uses the same tactic when they throw out some bible-thumping clown like a Huckabee or Robertson. I'm just a little amused that some are taking Buttigieg seriously (as in a serious candidate.) He's serving his party and doing it nobly.
That's the singular time he's brought it up during the debates. It's not Buttigieg's fault that media outlets frame him this way.
9/19/2019 12:55 PM
Posted by tangplay on 9/19/2019 12:55:00 PM (view original):

Winners:

Meh:
Warren
Booker

Losers:
DNC - #wheresTulsi

That's the singular time he's brought it up during the debates. It's not Buttigieg's fault that media outlets frame him this way.
He's using identity politics and the media is all over it. He's not some passive onlooker. He's actively cultivating all of the attention about his homosexuality. As far as not his fault...there's nothing wrong with it, so there is no fault to be assigned.

9/19/2019 1:50 PM
I pose a question. Please give us your unvarnished shot at the answer.

Exactly which "identity" is Williamson politicking?
9/19/2019 2:37 PM
While you're at it. Give us a clue as to Bernie. Same question. Exactly which.............. , OK identity?
9/19/2019 2:39 PM
When you have the formula perfected then you can try to explain Ying.
9/19/2019 2:41 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 9/19/2019 12:31:00 PM (view original):
While it's called confirmation bias, I kinda like the ring of the Common Denominator Stupidity Circus. I may steal that for my own if you don't copyright it in short order.
good name for a band!!! and the world as we know it today.
9/19/2019 3:06 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 9/19/2019 1:50:00 PM (view original):

Winners:

Meh:
Warren
Booker

Losers:
DNC - #wheresTulsi

He's using identity politics and the media is all over it. He's not some passive onlooker. He's actively cultivating all of the attention about his homosexuality. As far as not his fault...there's nothing wrong with it, so there is no fault to be assigned.

I completely disagree. Buttigieg hasn't made being gay a major part of his platform in the same way that Yang has about his Asian-American status, Harris has as an African American, or Joe Biden has as a former VP.
9/19/2019 3:11 PM
Posted by tangplay on 9/19/2019 3:11:00 PM (view original):

Winners:

Meh:
Warren
Booker

Losers:
DNC - #wheresTulsi

I completely disagree. Buttigieg hasn't made being gay a major part of his platform in the same way that Yang has about his Asian-American status, Harris has as an African American, or Joe Biden has as a former VP.
Not in the debates. One of my friends (openly gay and an activist) gives me all of the inside scoop (some of it quite interesting because it's lagely unreported) and, from what he relays, there is a lot of literature out there trumpeting the "first gay man to run for president" that Buttigieg actively promotes. I do get the impression that the gay community wishes he would make it the primary focus of the campaign and Buttigieg is unwilling to to do so. That's all second hand since I don't subscribe to Pride Magazine and the like.
9/19/2019 3:32 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 9/19/2019 2:37:00 PM (view original):
I pose a question. Please give us your unvarnished shot at the answer.

Exactly which "identity" is Williamson politicking?
bob, if that was posed to me...I never claimed all of the democratic candidates were employing identity politics. So, I reject your premise. Sorry not to take the bait but maybe doug will fall for it.
9/19/2019 3:33 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 9/19/2019 3:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 9/19/2019 3:11:00 PM (view original):

Winners:

Meh:
Warren
Booker

Losers:
DNC - #wheresTulsi

Not in the debates. One of my friends (openly gay and an activist) gives me all of the inside scoop (some of it quite interesting because it's lagely unreported) and, from what he relays, there is a lot of literature out there trumpeting the "first gay man to run for president" that Buttigieg actively promotes. I do get the impression that the gay community wishes he would make it the primary focus of the campaign and Buttigieg is unwilling to to do so. That's all second hand since I don't subscribe to Pride Magazine and the like.
Like I said, the vast majority of "Buttigieg is gay" stuff doesn't come from Buttigieg. Of course he won't downplay it, but he also isn't making it a focus. If your theory was correct, I doubt Buttigieg would act in the same way.
9/19/2019 3:36 PM
◂ Prev 1...20|21|22|23|24...37 Next ▸
Dueling Dems Round V Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.