Dueling Dems Round V Topic

1. God himself will kill tens of thousands if it pleases him: 1st Samuel 6:19 in the King James Version: “And he smote the men of Beth-shemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men (50,070)”. Kill 50 000 men for looking at something?

2. You can kill a woman if she seizes a man's private parts without his permission: Deuteronomy 25:11-1: If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.

3. Perversity and human trafficking condoned: "Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse." (1 Peter 2:18)

4. Sex slavery condoned: "When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again."
Exodus 21: 7-8

5. Divorce akin to debauchery: "Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery." (Luke 16:18)

6. Cannibalism: "And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him to day, and we will eat my son to morrow. So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son...." (II Kings 6:28-29)

7. If your genitals have been damaged, stay out of church: "He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord."(Deuteronomy 23:1)

8. Incest and getting drunk with dad is no problem if the world is running thin on suitable DNA donors: And the elder said to the younger Our father is old, and there is no man left on the earth, to come in unto us after the manner of the whole earth. Come, let us make him drunk with wine, and let us lie with him, that we may preserve seed of our father. And they made their father drink wine that night: and the elder went in and lay with her father: but he perceived not neither when his daughter lay down, nor when she rose up. And the next day the elder said to the younger: Behold I lay last night with my father, let us make him drink wine also to night, and thou shalt lie with him, that we may save seed of our father. They made their father drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went in, and lay with him: and neither then did he perceive when she lay down, nor when she rose up. So the two daughters of Lot were with child by their father. [Genesis 19:31-36]

9. Looking at a woman with desire is akin to adultery: "But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." (Matthew 5:28)

10. But incestuous rape is cool: And when she had presented him the meat, he took hold of her, and said: Come lie with me, my sister. She answered him: Do not so, my brother, do not force me: for no such thing must be done in Israel. Do not thou this folly. [II Kings 13:8-12] But he would not hearken to her prayers, but being stronger overpowered her and lay with her. [II Kings 13:14]

11. Pray in private, and if you do so in church, do so quietly: Matt 6:5 "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others."

12. If you offend God he will kill you: "And Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the LORD; and the LORD slew him. And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother. And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother. And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore he slew him also." (Genesis 38:7-10)

13. God smites women, children and often animals with equal gusto, he seems to equal evil and wrong doing by association, rather than by being guilty of the personal, individual act: "Behold with a great plague will the LORD smite thy people and thy children, and thy wives, and all thy goods: And thou shalt have great sickness by disease of thy bowels, until thy bowels fall out by reason of the sickness day by day." (II Chronicles 21:14-15)

14. Rev 21: 8
"liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death." Eternal damnation for lying? In South Africa murderers and rapists often get released for good behaviur, lying is politics.

And speaking of lying, the bible ends with one. It calls its message 'the good news' and concludes, "I am coming soon." Wrong on the 'soon' bit, and unless we've missed something, no one has come. But I get it, if 2000 years pass, soon after such a length of time must be VERY soon. If 10 000 years pass, soon must be very VERY soon.
7/2/2019 2:24 AM
hey you are mocking the traditions that our culture is based on.
you shall be mocked and smitten and smote.
and it was good.
7/2/2019 8:18 AM
my favorite name for God is The Lord of Hosts.
7/2/2019 8:27 AM
God is a crutch for the weak-minded to find solace in a difficult world. But hey, whatever floats your boat. Just remember that WE DON’T KNOW.
7/2/2019 10:28 AM
Posted by dino27 on 7/2/2019 8:27:00 AM (view original):
my favorite name for God is The Lord of Hosts.
Isn’t that an 80’s band?
7/2/2019 10:29 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
prove it.
7/2/2019 12:12 PM
Posted by all3 on 7/2/2019 10:53:00 AM (view original):
The Bible is a History book. Choosing to ignore or contest what is in it is no different than choosing to ignore or contest other Historical things, like the Holocaust, the Moon Landing or 9/11.
I'm not meaning to act like I KNOW the answer to this but,...................

Isn't it more like PARTS of the Bible are HisStory (or at least remembrances of history) and parts of the Bible are parables, prophecies, myths, tales of olden times, warnings and exhortations, all collected in ONE form, edited a bit, and declared the Word of God. The "Bible"?

I am looking for your answer all3. I'm curious. Be sure to specify which "version" you are referring to in your reply.
7/2/2019 1:31 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Can I get that Homily with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions and spicy horseradish mustard on a kaiser roll?
7/2/2019 2:16 PM
Posted by dino27 on 7/2/2019 12:12:00 PM (view original):
prove it.
I say I do, I do, I do believe that he’s gotcha on that thar I do declare.
7/2/2019 2:21 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 7/2/2019 1:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 7/2/2019 10:53:00 AM (view original):
The Bible is a History book. Choosing to ignore or contest what is in it is no different than choosing to ignore or contest other Historical things, like the Holocaust, the Moon Landing or 9/11.
I'm not meaning to act like I KNOW the answer to this but,...................

Isn't it more like PARTS of the Bible are HisStory (or at least remembrances of history) and parts of the Bible are parables, prophecies, myths, tales of olden times, warnings and exhortations, all collected in ONE form, edited a bit, and declared the Word of God. The "Bible"?

I am looking for your answer all3. I'm curious. Be sure to specify which "version" you are referring to in your reply.
that is correct sir.
like the noah story...historical fiction.
there was a big flood in the region.........not the world.
and no one put the world's zoo in a boat.
7/2/2019 2:30 PM
So......... the Noah story. It isn't factual, eh?

And here I thought all of humanity descended from the inbreeding going on between Noah's boys and their womenfolk.
It was my "go to" explanation for human stupidity.
What am I to to say/do now?

BTW........ I'm oldish, my memory is pore............ what were Noah's sons named?
There were 3 of them IF I remember correctly.

Dweezil, Beezlebub, and Ishkabibble?

Or was it Shem, Clem, and Curly?
7/2/2019 2:49 PM
how old are most christian kids before they learn that santa claus is not real.
im curious about that.
ive heard that some kids are 12-13 before anyone breaks their heart.
7/2/2019 2:50 PM
7/2/2019 3:02 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...37 Next ▸
Dueling Dems Round V Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.