Dueling Dems Round V Topic

Didn't anyone watch the 2 night marathon of ambition from the left?

As I've mentioned before. I don't have or usually watch any TV. But I happened to be in a hotel room for the last few nights, so guess what I watched? The opening salvo of Dueling Dems. Please feel free to post your thoughts following round one.
6/28/2019 4:37 PM
Klobachar, Harris, Castro
6/28/2019 4:40 PM
Let's hear it from BOTH sides.; I'll kick it off with my take.

1st nite winners:

1. Warren (no stumbles, maintained status as the frontrunner of the 1st nite's group)
2. Castro (demonstrated passion, knowledge of our immigration laws, and was genuine) Biggest gainer of the lower tier.
3. Gabbert (poised, and demonstrated foreign affairs knowledge--kinda "schooled" that one feller) Led the google name "search" count for many hours following the debate.

1st nite losers:

1. Beto (clearly smart, but clearly way way too green)
2. DeBlasio (are you kidding me?? --- surefire loser if miracles happen and he gets the nomination. The dems would be FOOLISH! times a million!)
3. Klobuchar (wasted opportunity--you only have so many chances---she'll need to get much much better!)
4. Ryan (can you spell doofusss?? Why is he here? Wasted space and wasted time)
5. Delaney (better figured out who attacked us after 9-11 doofuss? end of the line for this empty suit)

Booker hangs on for the next debate and Insley is still the doofuss he always was back when he was a state rep. in Washington state.
6/28/2019 4:49 PM
Nite Two --- "Cat Scratch Fever"

Winners:

#1. K. Harris (Damn....... talk about scoring big from the gitgo. CLEAR clear winner, vaulted herself into the 1st tier--- for now)
#2 Buttigieg (Humility on display, came across as honest and genuine--- a bit young? Good early VP candidate)
3. Sanders (won by not being Biden and for absolutely refusing to make eye contact with the camera as he stood between Biden and Harris during her "schooling" of Sleepy Joe.
4. Yang (Maybe the ying was with him as he came off better than half the field in night two!)

LOSERS:

#1. BIDEN. (There goes the most electable argument. Between his stance on bussing and his performance as Chair during the Thomas confirmation hearings his claim to be a civil rights leader is clearly as BOGUS as his working guy persona. IF he doesn't drop out Biden will be revealed as the fraud he is with a continuing presidential run. IMO He NEEDS to successfully handle this race question IF he is going to be viable at all!
#2 Gillibrand (AIRHEAD! Wow. Makes AOC look plausible)
3. Swallwell (Small indeed. WHY is he here? Makes Trump look less stupid)
4.The Colorado twins (Doofenlooper and Bennett), and that Author lady. Though a bonus point to the author lady for odd campaign platforms and sheer ludicrousness. Maybe in another space and time................. or planet)
6/28/2019 5:05 PM
Posted by bronxcheer on 6/28/2019 4:40:00 PM (view original):
Klobachar, Harris, Castro
Thanks! What did you see in Klobuchar that I missed?
6/28/2019 5:07 PM
The biggest winner (IMHO) was Warren. She should slowly replace Sanders, with a few more performances like that, as the ideologue favored by the far-left and now appears viable to go deep into the primaries.

2. Harris scores points and helps herself by KOing Booker. In the world of identity politics, she is clearly the strongest Black candidate.
3. Castro had an excellent performance and will now be recognized by Democratic voters.
4. Biden got hurt somewhat but did not commit the unpardonable blunder. He avoided it, which makes this a win for him.

The biggest loser (IMHO) was Sanders. He didn't do badly, per se, but was overshadowed by Warren's stronger performance against lesser competition.

2. O'Rourke came across as out of his league. His Spanish was partially an attempt to knock out Castro, who admittingly does not speak Spanish fluently despite the Iberian name. It backfired. Castro's English proved infinitely superior.
3. Yang had to do something to move the dial and I don't believe he did much of anything.
4. Buttigieg did not perform badly but did not attack. Nice does not win primaries nor add to his polling numbers much.
6/28/2019 6:50 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by tangplay on 6/28/2019 9:28:00 PM (view original):
I was impressed by Buttigieg... He seemed extremely smart, calm, and reasonable. He's the guy I want debating Trump. He seems like a similar brain to Shapiro, except smarter and more humble.

I have been saying that Harris is gonna win the primary ever since she declared. Are her tactics going to work against Trump? No.

Biden and Sanders are about what I expected.
I was impressed as well but everyone with a media credential is propagandizing the sensational (Harris' attack on Biden.) I'm not sure calm and reasonable is what the democratic base is looking for...at least at this stage of the race.
6/28/2019 9:53 PM
I'd rather have a colonoscopy than watch a presidential debate.
6/28/2019 10:25 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 6/28/2019 9:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 6/28/2019 9:28:00 PM (view original):
I was impressed by Buttigieg... He seemed extremely smart, calm, and reasonable. He's the guy I want debating Trump. He seems like a similar brain to Shapiro, except smarter and more humble.

I have been saying that Harris is gonna win the primary ever since she declared. Are her tactics going to work against Trump? No.

Biden and Sanders are about what I expected.
I was impressed as well but everyone with a media credential is propagandizing the sensational (Harris' attack on Biden.) I'm not sure calm and reasonable is what the democratic base is looking for...at least at this stage of the race.
Like I said... I don't think he is going to win. Harris is gonna win.
6/28/2019 10:27 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 6/28/2019 10:25:00 PM (view original):
It's fun though.
6/28/2019 10:28 PM
nope its boring watchin the political class jaw

baseball no baserunners football no ground game

waste o time
6/28/2019 10:46 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 6/28/2019 6:50:00 PM (view original):
The biggest winner (IMHO) was Warren. She should slowly replace Sanders, with a few more performances like that, as the ideologue favored by the far-left and now appears viable to go deep into the primaries.

2. Harris scores points and helps herself by KOing Booker. In the world of identity politics, she is clearly the strongest Black candidate.
3. Castro had an excellent performance and will now be recognized by Democratic voters.
4. Biden got hurt somewhat but did not commit the unpardonable blunder. He avoided it, which makes this a win for him.

The biggest loser (IMHO) was Sanders. He didn't do badly, per se, but was overshadowed by Warren's stronger performance against lesser competition.

2. O'Rourke came across as out of his league. His Spanish was partially an attempt to knock out Castro, who admittingly does not speak Spanish fluently despite the Iberian name. It backfired. Castro's English proved infinitely superior.
3. Yang had to do something to move the dial and I don't believe he did much of anything.
4. Buttigieg did not perform badly but did not attack. Nice does not win primaries nor add to his polling numbers much.
from what i saw pete comes across as the most stable genius and level headed...he cant win but for smarts and judgement he really impresses me.
but i dont need to hear about his spouse any more then any other candidate's.
beto cursed trump in espanol....called him a @#$*% creep.
6/28/2019 11:39 PM
Posted by tangplay on 6/28/2019 10:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 6/28/2019 10:25:00 PM (view original):
It's fun though.
I guess we have different definitions of fun
6/29/2019 3:35 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
1|2|3...37 Next ▸
Dueling Dems Round V Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.