Dueling Dems Round V Topic

Posted by cccp1014 on 6/29/2019 6:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 6/28/2019 9:28:00 PM (view original):
I was impressed by Buttigieg... He seemed extremely smart, calm, and reasonable. He's the guy I want debating Trump. He seems like a similar brain to Shapiro, except smarter and more humble.

I have been saying that Harris is gonna win the primary ever since she declared. Are her tactics going to work against Trump? No.

Biden and Sanders are about what I expected.
Smarter than Shapiro?!?!! LMAO!!!!!

I believe tang was referring to cleverness/shrewdness, not intellectual capacity.
6/29/2019 11:01 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I was impressed by Buttigieg... He seemed extremely smart, calm, and reasonable. He's the guy I want debating Trump. He seems like a similar brain to Shapiro, except smarter and more humble.

I have been saying that Harris is gonna win the primary ever since she declared. Are her tactics going to work against Trump? No.

Pete is an Afghanistan veteran, a Harvard graduate, and has an Oxford scholarship. Two term mayor of a major city. And barely older than Shapiro.
6/30/2019 12:29 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 6/29/2019 11:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 6/29/2019 11:01:00 PM (view original):

I believe tang was referring to cleverness/shrewdness, not intellectual capacity.
Mayor Pete would get eviscerated in a debate vs Ben. I d Bet my house on it.
I was referring to intellectual capacity, and Ben couldn't strawman Pete. No way.

I watched Ben 'take on climate change'. Actually, he 'destroyed' it. Apparently Ben Shapiro thinks that the solution to climate change is sell your property if your house goes underwater. Of course, might be a difficult thing to sell a house that is underwater, but it's Ben Shapiro, and he knows everything.

Here's your smart guy Ben Shapiro in the past.

"Renewable energy: dumbest phrase since climate change. See the first law of thermodynamics, dumbass"
"The Jewish people has always been plagued by Bad Jews, who undermine it from within. In America, those Bad Jews largely vote Democrat."

Shapiro posted a video on Columbus Day which listed Native American achievements as "dreamcatchers, tomahawks and cannibalism" and European achievements as "written language, iPhones and women's suffrage"

Shapiro wrote an article for TownHall in 2002 stating that he is ‘really sick of people who whine about civilian casualties’ in Afghanistan because 'one American soldier is worth far more than an Afghan civilian'.

In a 2018 episode of the Ben Shapiro show Ben tried to argue that assuming all black people are criminals is a reasonable use of group data rather than racism. This included justifying avoiding young black people on the street and hiring no black people if you can't run a background check. No word was given on whether or not he would see it as reasonable to refuse hiring or renting to men because they have a higher violent crime rate than women.

Ben Shapiro is a fool.
6/30/2019 12:37 AM
Steps to beat Ben Shapiro in a debate:
  • 1. Express reasonable opinion
  • 2. Wait for B.S. to strawman and bring up 'libs' or 'feminists' or some ****
  • 3. Remind B.S that he is debating you, and just you, and bringing up someone else's opinion is irrelevant.
You win. Congrats.
6/30/2019 12:41 AM
This article from Medium says it best:

(Strawman definition — a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent’s argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent. One who engages in this fallacy is said to be “attacking a straw man”) Shapiro frequently attacks arguments that those disagreeing with him didn’t necessarily present. When you do this, talk fast and have the ability to state statistics and facts like its nobodies business, it’s very easy to get people who already want to agree with you, agree with you way more. Shapiro is usually presented with pretty subpar debate opponents, which helps support the argument that leftists are dumb and they seldom put up a good fight (sadly).

He's a great debater, and he appears to win all his arguments. I challenge you to step back and think about things for a second. He does this ALL THE TIME.

6/30/2019 12:50 AM
Put him 1 on 1 with a smart, reasonable person with a moderator to keep things in check and no crowd, and his tactics fall apart.
6/30/2019 12:51 AM
i can honestly say i don't know who Ben Shapiro is

it sounds like there's some kind of fundamental gap in my grasp of current events

i should be embarrassed maybe

but i'm gonna refrain from googling him
6/30/2019 1:43 AM
Does he accept Jesus as his personal Lord and Savior?

No? Then he will burn in hell
6/30/2019 2:09 AM
I'm with bagchucker on this one. I didn't have a clue who Shapiro was. Had to ask Boris. Then went and did some very MINOR research and discovered Shapiro is an egotistical loudmouth who thrives on belittling unseen enemies in order to elevate his own persona as some sort of "smart guy".

In otherwords Trump's mini-me. 40 years his Jr.
In other words.......... a NOBODY.
He may have SOME intellectual capacity but he has NO guts.
He won't put his money where his mouth is and take on any real leadership role.
You won't see him run for any ACTUAL position. THAT takes courage and guts.
Not a loudmouth and hutzpah.

I'm afraid Mayor Pete has it hands down over Shapiro when it comes to REAL leadership.

Give me an honest Gay guy over any dishonest straight politician---------------Every Time!

Gabbert 2020!
6/30/2019 9:02 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Tbf Buttigieg doesn't bring up his sexuality a lot... No more than someone else would.
6/30/2019 10:38 AM
Posted by all3 on 6/30/2019 10:14:00 AM (view original):
Give me an honest Gay guy over any dishonest straight politician---------------Every Time!

Had a Conservative posted this exact same sentence, people would be all over them. What does someone's sexual preference have to do with their leadership or intellectual abilities? Very, very unpolitically correct statement. Bad, bad bob.

i don think that's true

maybe if a conservative posted that, other conservatives would be all over them

its the emphasis on honesty you're missing
6/30/2019 11:03 AM
Posted by bagchucker on 6/30/2019 11:03:00 AM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 6/30/2019 10:14:00 AM (view original):

Had a Conservative posted this exact same sentence, people would be all over them. What does someone's sexual preference have to do with their leadership or intellectual abilities? Very, very unpolitically correct statement. Bad, bad bob.

i don think that's true

maybe if a conservative posted that, other conservatives would be all over them

its the emphasis on honesty you're missing
Well, the Honesty and humility was my main point............. but IDGAF about being politically incorrect. SFW?

The "mayor Pete" candidate talks openly and often about his "partner" or husband. I've heard it several times in the context of student debt alone.
HIS sexual identity is extremely well known............. you MIGHT even consider it a part of his "persona" or even campaign!
It's fine with me, but makes it fair game for comment.

There is another way. Complete silence about your OWN personal life. NO mention of who you sleep with, IF ANYBODY!

For example. The dem. candidate that I prefer at this point (Tulsi G.) I have NO IDEA of her "status".
I have NO IDEA, IF she's married, single, gay, straight, or some other sexual identity I may or may not have heard of.
I don't really feel it's any of my business as I can't possibly understand what Tulsi's private sexual life has to do with her leadership abilities or, frankly, character. IF She wants to keep that part of her life private, I'm fine with that.
Maybe she's a drag queen I don't care. IT'S her capabilities to lead and unite this country, DEFEND our constitution, and rebuild our infrastructure I care about!
Tulsi2020!
6/30/2019 11:21 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...37 Next ▸
Dueling Dems Round V Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.