Dueling Dems Round V Topic

Posted by chisox378 on 7/1/2019 11:04:00 AM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 7/1/2019 10:29:00 AM (view original):
Ahhhh, that explains it. You believe in Catholicism and it's weird dogma.
For an answer you give me a link to a Catholic website. LOL.
The very same "organization" (the link IS .ORG) connected to sorcery, murder, slavery, sexual abuse, and sheer blindness and stupidity.
Good going.

I'm considering exercising my very 1st redline on your link post.
It may be way too offensive for this thread.
I'm exercising the concept of a pause, in order to allow reflection on the matter because I don't want to redline frivolously, ala Dino.
BUT, I kinda think your link post is a goner.

IF you can answer in your OWN words what you mean by "natural Law", feel free to try.
Everything is too offensive if you don't agree with it? Who says you are right? Listen, you are always welcome to the Catholic Church, the doors are open my friend.
Been there, done that.

I can't be sheep. Keep your flock brother.
7/1/2019 11:23 AM
Posted by bagchucker on 7/1/2019 11:08:00 AM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 7/1/2019 11:01:00 AM (view original):
We are animals. The globe's worst killers. Isn't that fact?
or best

depending on what the natural law might be
Damn Bags. You GOT Me! You are entirely correct. Said it much better than I.
In fact. Exacto-mundo!!!

The globe's best killers! That's what I really meant.
The worst killers is entirely another matter, and open for speculation as far as I'm concerned.
Not Quakers, I'm pretty sure. At least, not since Nixon.
7/1/2019 11:45 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
No, NO! I've just attended/visited during Mass. With my wife's family on the most recent occasions.

I don't believe in $$$ having an influence on our Heavenly Mother's actions.
And yes, you CAN do it alone.
One step at a time.
You walk in beauty. You speak with beauty. You live with beauty. You BECOME beautiful. All by yourself.
Take responsibility brother. It's YOUR vessel. Walk in Beauty.
free yourself.
7/1/2019 12:11 PM
Posted by chisox378 on 7/1/2019 11:49:00 AM (view original):
You can make your own rules about morality and have pleasure in this life, or you can following God's rules and live in happiness now and forever.

You can have a relationship with God as well as never before because you will have the Sacraments and God's grace to help you. We can't do it alone.

It seems like you already were a Baptized Catholic, so in reality you are still Catholic. Come home brother!

i know for a fact that the rules to which you speak are man's rules.
7/1/2019 12:42 PM
So beauty is your God? It may be one aspect of God, but there is much, much more.
7/1/2019 1:03 PM
Posted by chisox378 on 7/1/2019 11:04:00 AM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 7/1/2019 10:29:00 AM (view original):
Ahhhh, that explains it. You believe in Catholicism and it's weird dogma.
For an answer you give me a link to a Catholic website. LOL.
The very same "organization" (the link IS .ORG) connected to sorcery, murder, slavery, sexual abuse, and sheer blindness and stupidity.
Good going.

I'm considering exercising my very 1st redline on your link post.
It may be way too offensive for this thread.
I'm exercising the concept of a pause, in order to allow reflection on the matter because I don't want to redline frivolously, ala Dino.
BUT, I kinda think your link post is a goner.

IF you can answer in your OWN words what you mean by "natural Law", feel free to try.
Everything is too offensive if you don't agree with it? Who says you are right? Listen, you are always welcome to the Catholic Church, the doors are open my friend.
Cults are always strong on recruiting.

As a baptized and confirmed Catholic who renounced the religion years ago I have to add...

You don't know. No one knows. This country was FOUNDED upon the concept of FREEDOM of RELIGION.

The Catholic church is FACTUALLY responsible for death, torture, oppression, abuse and abominations we still see every day. Just as much as any other religion on the face of the earth. War is generally BASED upon religious conviction and pride. It is ABSURD.

Organized religion is some deep bullshit and as it infects our politics the divide grows wider and we all lose a little more.

Radical Catholics are an equal abomination to Radical Islamists. Believe what you want but leave everyone else alone. If your religion teaches you otherwise? Tough ****. This is America. We are all free to believe until we infringe on the rights of others to believe.

Anyone who lets mythology dictate their behavior is probably a weak mind. Faith is one thing. Obedience to unproveable "truths" and "laws" of religious sects set us all apart. The great HUMAN condition suffers because of it.

If you argue religion through politics your "moral" compass may actually need a little bit of adjustment.

NONE OF US KNOWS.

FIN
7/1/2019 1:04 PM
i do know because God told me what is true and what is not.

7/1/2019 1:15 PM
Why the mosquito, God? Why?
7/1/2019 1:39 PM
He said because the sting will remind you of the pain that others feel and you should be more charitable.
a sting by a mosquito is a blessing.
thou shalt not use special creams or bug sprays.
7/1/2019 1:43 PM
You are right it is freedom of religion....not freedom from religion....unless you are a Communist....

God wouldn't leave us in the earth without the chance to know the truth and live the truth. So people do know because they have Faith.

"37 Therefore Pilate said to Him, “So You are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.” 38 Pilate *said to Him, “What is truth?”
7/1/2019 1:54 PM
Ezekiel
7/1/2019 2:04 PM
Posted by chisox378 on 7/1/2019 1:54:00 PM (view original):
You are right it is freedom of religion....not freedom from religion....unless you are a Communist....

God wouldn't leave us in the earth without the chance to know the truth and live the truth. So people do know because they have Faith.

"37 Therefore Pilate said to Him, “So You are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.” 38 Pilate *said to Him, “What is truth?”
Freedom OF Religion dictates that I am free FROM YOUR religion. It means I can slam my door on theologists and that you CANNOT insert your religion into my life, even if your religion TELLS you to. Your opinion is your own. Mine is that you should KEEP IT IN CHURCH.

Freedom OF Religion tells me I am FREE to tell your religion that it's ridiculous and that I find your sacred book of eternal rewrites to be your symbol.

I leave symbols to the symbol-minded.

“Blessed are the destroyers of false hope, for they are the true Messiahs - Cursed are the god-adorers, for they shall be shorn sheep!”
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible
7/1/2019 2:11 PM
the government of the people is to be free from religion...
all individuals have the right to their religion and the right to not have laws based upon any religion....thats a violation.
all individuals have the right to not believe in any organized religion or believe in god.
7/1/2019 2:14 PM
“Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery.”
Malcolm X
7/1/2019 2:15 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...37 Next ▸
Dueling Dems Round V Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.