Dueling Dems Round V Topic

gozar cometh.
7/1/2019 2:15 PM
“Declare your jihad on thirteen enemies you cannot see -egoism, arrogance, conceit, selfishness, greed, lust, intolerance, anger, lying, cheating, gossiping and slandering. If you can master and destroy them, then you will be read to fight the enemy you can see.”
Al-Ghazzali
7/1/2019 2:16 PM
“What has he found who has lost God?
And what has he lost who has found God?”
Ibn 'Ata' Allah Al-Iskandari
7/1/2019 2:16 PM
“It's not radical Islam that worries the US -- it's independence”
Noam Chomsky
7/1/2019 2:17 PM
And I leave you with this...

“Yes I am, I am also a Muslim, a Christian, a Buddhist, and a Jew.”
Mahatma Gandhi
7/1/2019 2:18 PM
i dont like to demonize believers of whatever.
i just wish more truly understood that others have special rights granted by the constitution and embrace that because it has enormous value.
you can be a beliber and still fully embrace and love the founders intent behind the separation of religion and government.
and that believers should not try to scare others into believing what they believe in.
7/1/2019 2:21 PM
This is the "Get off my lawn" theory in actual use. Stay in your lane. Believe what you want but keep it to yourself. It's ALL conjecture. He can believe in his Fairy Godmother for all I give a **** but when he started quoting the manual and telling us "You can make your own rules about morality and have pleasure in this life, or you can following God's rules and live in happiness now and forever. It seems like you already were a Baptized Catholic, so in reality you are still Catholic."

That's just condescending bullshit. You don't get to tell ANYONE what they are.

I ain't catholic. I'm a humanist with faith. My forever is just ******* fine.
7/1/2019 2:32 PM
Beauty is not God. Not my God or anyone's God.
Beauty is a way. A way of being. It is Harmony.
With all. Things.

When we embrace our brotherhood (and sisterhood) with all things, we begin to learn, to listen, to SEE.
The Raven speaks, so does the toad. Buzzard Ed is my brother, and the others are other brothers and sisters.
The spirit is within all things. They were made by him (or her) perfect. Without sin.
Only humans sinned. For that we suffer.

Walk in and WITH Beauty. Don't worship it, learn to be one with and in it. Oneness with all things. Beauty.
When you are beautiful, the Mother opens up to you. She reveals. She speaks. All you must do is listen.
Submit, be patient, listen for the wind to open your eyes to the beauty of the FREEDOM to be an animal at harmony.
At last, with the Mother. Forgiven, IF you must use that term.
Free and Beautiful.
May we all learn to walk in beauty.
7/1/2019 2:39 PM
om main
7/1/2019 2:48 PM
Then again.............. maybe I'm just a spoofin ya and we're all just lost munions, baaa-ing and waiting to be shorn and devoured and fed to the Gods of dogma kneeling on that little prayer rail they's got waiting for the eternal bullet to splatter our tiny controlled minds to smithereens!!!

"Blood and Roses"

RIP DiNizio!
You walked with Beauty my brother!
7/1/2019 2:48 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
oy vey.
7/1/2019 2:53 PM
chisox has not been around for some time. Looks like all that time in the nut house did no good.
7/1/2019 3:04 PM
Posted by chisox378 on 7/1/2019 2:49:00 PM (view original):
The Catholic Church believes that even in the State people should have freedom of religion. People should be freedom to practice the religion they want.

But the State should never be free From religion. Another words atheism, agnosticism shouldn't be the beliefs of the State. That's close to what We have now in America. We need what is the common good for the people. A n idea of homosexual marriage is not for the good of the people. Freedom cannot me license to do whatever want.

Humanism makes people as God, their own god, and leads to destruction . There is only one God and that is our Father high and his only son Jesus Christ.
Bananas!

"But the State should never be free From religion. Another words atheism, agnosticism shouldn't be the beliefs of the State. That's close to what We have now in America. We need what is the common good for the people. A n idea of homosexual marriage is not for the good of the people."

Who the **** are you to determine what is "for the good of the people?" That's OPINION. Agnosticism should ABSOLUTELY be the rule of LAW in government. It is what our country was FOUNDED upon. Not YOUR idea of the "common good." Religion should get the **** out of politics as fast as it can because those who try to legislate based on their religious are ******* up the world for the rest of us.

Miss the point much?

7/1/2019 3:06 PM
Posted by chisox378 on 7/1/2019 2:49:00 PM (view original):
The Catholic Church believes that even in the State people should have freedom of religion. People should be freedom to practice the religion they want.

But the State should never be free From religion. Another words atheism, agnosticism shouldn't be the beliefs of the State. That's close to what We have now in America. We need what is the common good for the people. A n idea of homosexual marriage is not for the good of the people. Freedom cannot me license to do whatever want.

Humanism makes people as God, their own god, and leads to destruction . There is only one God and that is our Father high and his only son Jesus Christ.
So you have freedom of religion, but you aren't allowed to be atheist. Oy vey indeed.
7/1/2019 3:09 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...37 Next ▸
Dueling Dems Round V Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.