Dueling Dems Round V Topic

I like Pete's honesty, humility, and service. A LOT! Perhaps, he might be the one white guy with a shot at the nomination because of the rather other obvious status. But, I still think it will be a woman candidate. The loss by the "it's time" candidate (HRC) was about HRC not her status as female. There was just too much dislike amongst too many voters, some based on Bill (and some of his actions) and Her response to Bill's perceived sins for her to win. But the female half of the country doesn't see that as much as they do a loss by a WOMAN. So, they want to elect the 1st female POTUS. That's OK. I believe IF we get the right female it will be good for the U.S. Just as it was good we elected a minority self-described mutt. The world was proud we put away our racism for a moment. Now it's time to end sexism. I'm not afraid.

So, given that, I'm trying to hold out hope for an ELECTABLE one.
That means, no strange authors, no damaged California senators with too much hutzpah, no wishy-washy middle of the road moderate midwesterners.
Who's left. Warren and Tulsi?
Of that pair it's EZ for me. I like Tulsi. Her bio is exceptional. She's mixed race. She's mixed religion (Her Mother is Hindu). She's smart, and forward thinking.

I think a Tulsi/Pete ticket is a winner actually!
I like a Tulsi/Castro ticket, also. I'd like to see more of what HE has to say.
I'm REALLY for a big move by Tulsi IF she gets the nomination. A REACH, across all aisles
Talk Angus King (an INDEPENDENT Senator with big common sense!) into being her running mate.
I think that would be brilliant. Send a message to ALL Americans that this Administration is going to govern for ALL the people, NOT the party. It would be a reach across ideology but NOT to an actual sitting Republican but to a rather conservative Independent.
So, at present, I'm dreaming for a Tulsi/King ticket.
I'd actually beat the streets of my community for that ticket!

Unlikely I know, so, I'd be OK with Tulsi/Pete
or even Tulsi/Inslee actually.
But the nominee doesn't need to pick someone running for Pres. so it could be ANYONE!
Thus Angus. Besides angus is good tasting beef!
7/10/2019 1:04 PM
great post !
7/10/2019 1:11 PM
TY again Dino.
7/10/2019 1:29 PM
Voting for a woman because she is a woman could be an OED example for sexism. I rather vote for the best candidate and to hell with what genetalia they posess.
7/10/2019 1:29 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 7/10/2019 1:29:00 PM (view original):
TY again Dino.
I disagree with the post but it was well thought out.
7/10/2019 1:30 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/10/2019 1:29:00 PM (view original):
Voting for a woman because she is a woman could be an OED example for sexism. I rather vote for the best candidate and to hell with what genetalia they posess.
I agree. don't care if a candidate is a man, woman, gay, hetero, a monkey or a dog. If that candidate is the best option, in my opinion, that is the one I will vote for.
7/10/2019 2:07 PM
Isn't that a given for most folks? But, the reality WITHIN the dem. party activists is that it needs to be a woman. All I'm saying is in that context it's pretty easy for me to make the choice. I don't FAVOR Tulsi because she's a woman, I favor Tulsi because of her ideas, her life experiences, her demonstrated leadership, AND because She is a woman who might actually win. PLEASE NO more HRC type candidates. That's a sure loser for the dems.
I want the conman OUT of office.
7/10/2019 2:58 PM
Oh, and I disagree with Wylie (I rarely do that).
I DO believe that a monkey is unqualified for POTUS.
Sadly, most dogs, too.
Though my last buddy was smarter than many humans I've known and met.
7/10/2019 3:00 PM
Wow, have we found something we all agree on?
People who voted for Obama just because of his skin color are as racist as those who say they'd never vote that way, and people who voted for HRC just because she is a woman (kind of? - ha, ha) are as sexist as those who will never vote for a woman.
7/10/2019 3:01 PM
What about the people who voted for a lying, orange, lifelong con-man?
7/10/2019 3:21 PM
Posted by all3 on 7/10/2019 3:01:00 PM (view original):
People who voted for Obama just because of his skin color are as racist as those who say they'd never vote that way, and people who voted for HRC just because she is a woman (kind of? - ha, ha) are as sexist as those who will never vote for a woman.
what you said is racist and sexist....if obama was the 2nd best choice..say 1b i would feel very good about voting for him instead of 1a....same in the case of a woman.
7/10/2019 3:31 PM
i feel no need to defend the above or explain it...either you get it or you dont.
7/10/2019 3:33 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 7/10/2019 2:58:00 PM (view original):
Isn't that a given for most folks? But, the reality WITHIN the dem. party activists is that it needs to be a woman. All I'm saying is in that context it's pretty easy for me to make the choice. I don't FAVOR Tulsi because she's a woman, I favor Tulsi because of her ideas, her life experiences, her demonstrated leadership, AND because She is a woman who might actually win. PLEASE NO more HRC type candidates. That's a sure loser for the dems.
OK. I was reacting to your comment that...the world was proud we put away our racism for a moment. Now it's time to end sexism. I'm not afraid....

The moment people stop labeling other people as female candidates, african-american candidates, openly gay candidates, religion X candidates, etc, the sooner sexism, racism, homophobia, religious sectarianism, etc. will end. But people can't stop because they look in the mirror, see their own reflection and project themselves vicariously through anyone else that shares those similar superficialities. They really do want a female simply because she is female or a gay because he/she are gay. It's those same people who then mouth all of this garbage about diversity and multiculturalsim and tolerance when they are the actual sexists, racists, homophobes, etc. that prevents our society from ever progressing beyond it.
7/10/2019 3:47 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 7/10/2019 2:58:00 PM (view original):
Unfortunately, I do not think it is a given for most folks. Far too many will vote for someone because that candidate is a Republican or a Democrat or some other reason that is not a good enough reason to vote for someone, like because they are white or because they are black or because they are a woman or because they are gay or because they are not gay.
7/10/2019 3:48 PM
Posted by all3 on 7/10/2019 3:01:00 PM (view original):
I agree. Anyone who voted for Obama solely based on his skin color is a racist, or voted for HRC solely because she is a woman is sexist. Just as racist as someone who didn't vote for Obama solely because he is back and just as sexist as someone who did not vote for HRC solely because she is a woman.
7/10/2019 3:51 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14...37 Next ▸
Dueling Dems Round V Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.