Dueling Dems Round V Topic

Posted by dino27 on 7/31/2019 1:49:00 PM (view original):
ive always boiled it down to this -
unless abortion is a major issue what is the reason why middle class and below middle class whites would want to vote republian
and the only answer i have ever come up with is race.
If you want the 5 second version...

Even if it's not best for me today financially, I believe a smaller government is ultimately better for me - and everyone else - over the long run. The benefits of expanding government roles in the short term aren't worth the potential loss of liberty and choice in the long term.

Of course, right now neither party is doing much to reduce government expansion, and I've voted for a lot of Democrats over the past 10 years. But this is why I'm still registered Republican.
8/1/2019 9:08 AM
if you take a look at the rallies...somehow i really dont think those people have any deep thoughts about small govt or big govt or what it even is in a country of over 300 million people....they could care less about it....
8/1/2019 9:47 AM
except of course when small govt means less money going to minorities because it is a small govt.
8/1/2019 9:51 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I agree with all that, surprisingly. BUT, minimizing the impact of racism (racist POLICIES! more precisely) is denying basic FACTS of our History.
We must recognize it, admit it where appropriate, address it's legacy whenever possible, and CALL IT OUT when tiny people espouse ugly ideology.

That's what I will continue to do UNTIL the mainstream Republican leaders acknowledge that there is and has been that ugly influence within their party and call THAT out themselves! Until then, the R. in Republican stands for Racist apologist/supporter.

I will refrain for a tad longer commenting about last nite's debate, hoping for more comments and input from others who saw the event.
I AM glad to read that comment about Tulsi. She did look good in white on the TY in the motel room I was in. LOL.
8/1/2019 12:29 PM
I don't ever want to seem as though I'm trying to say that racism didn't exist, or doesn't exist. I am just so freakin' tired of it being the catch-all excuse for some people who don't like what other people's opinions are.

Do I think Trump has done and said racist things in his past, and even recently? YES
Do I think wanting to protect our boarders as much as possible against possible criminals, drugs and the like is racist? NO
Do I think wanting to limit Government hand-outs is racist? NO

Exactly what Republican policies or proposals do you think show they are racist?
Heck, couldn't we scream that you're a sexist for your comments about Tulsi? Wouldn't you be, if Trump had made them?
8/1/2019 12:50 PM
Oh, please. Sexist? LOL. I'm too old for sexist comments. Do I think she's quite beautiful? Well, yes. Resoundingly. She's also smart, gifted, a veteran, and a born leader. THOSE are the reasons I favor her. You must have confused my comments with rsp, all I said was she looked good in white.

It's her mind I dig!
Tulsi 2020
for OUR Country!
8/1/2019 1:17 PM
Posted by all3 on 8/1/2019 12:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 8/1/2019 9:08:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dino27 on 7/31/2019 1:49:00 PM (view original):
ive always boiled it down to this -
unless abortion is a major issue what is the reason why middle class and below middle class whites would want to vote republian
and the only answer i have ever come up with is race.
If you want the 5 second version...

Even if it's not best for me today financially, I believe a smaller government is ultimately better for me - and everyone else - over the long run. The benefits of expanding government roles in the short term aren't worth the potential loss of liberty and choice in the long term.

Of course, right now neither party is doing much to reduce government expansion, and I've voted for a lot of Democrats over the past 10 years. But this is why I'm still registered Republican.
Thank you: right now BOTH Parties s*ck and are filled with far too many puppets and hypocrites. We, the people, need to find a way to grab control of this Country back from the 2 Parties, because they will NEVER allow Politicians to give it back to us. Voting Party-line should NEVER be an option for any elected official when it clearly goes against what is best for the people within their area, yet that very thing has become business as usual, and if they dare stray from the Party-line too often, they can count on the Party replacing them with someone more blindly loyal.

dino still blaming everything he doesn't agree with or doesn't understand as being racist just shows the lunacy in today's Politics. It must be Trump's mystic force. (Come on, even the biggest Trump-haters had to laugh and STH at that one.)
sorry i tell it like it is.
the majority of people supporting trump support trump.
same people who supported wallace and strom thurmond and many are actual nazis and members of kkk.
sorry if the truth bothers you.
truth is not blame.
8/1/2019 1:45 PM
bob, I still think you'd hammer Trump for saying what you did about Tulsi, but more importantly, what are the Republican policies you classify as racist?
8/1/2019 2:46 PM
Nope. I'd applaud his good taste. As LONG as he didn't do or say something offensive.

But then, somebody who hangs out with Stormy Daniels for the purpose of self stimulation could likely NEVER appreciate the class of a REAL woman with grace AND power like Tulsi.
8/1/2019 2:55 PM
Come on now. That's twice you avoided the serious question: what Republican policies to you regard as racist?
8/1/2019 3:29 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
TY Boris. All3, are you asking for current Repugnant policies or the many historical ones?

Let's get back to the debate. Night 2. My take. I WATCHED it closely (on TV)

Much, much better debate than night one!! This is the A team, quite clearly--- save for Warren and Sanders.

This is what I saw.
Biden survived, BUT.
That's the problem, the but. Dems NEED to wake up. He will fall short IF He is the standard bearer.
He's just, I'm sorry to say, too old for the job. So is Bernie BTW!
His grasp is shaky. His understanding lacking. His willingness to admit errors too weak.
Booker ate him alive. What do you think Trump will do?

The losers (excepting Biden)
HARRIS!! Biggest loser of the night.
Lost her credibility AND her position as the next in line following the front runner.
Mayor what's his name of N.Y. Bye Bye Mayor!!
Yang. 12 Grand per person per year, eh??? Why again?
I can use the cash. And it likely would be a boon to tattoo parlors and the like, but, really?
What would be the cost? socially as well.
What else does he got. Nothing. Bye bye Yang. Your jig is up.
Who's left? Oh, yeah, the Senator from Colorado. Senator eyebrows.
Secure hair, though. I do know it blows on the Eastern slope.
Too bad, your ideas mostly blow, too! Loser.
OK, too summarize.
Loser #1. K. Harris.
#2 - 5. Mayor Bill, Yang, Bennet, and Gillibrand.

Gillibrand did get in a couple decent quips and seemed competent and likeable tonight. But WAY WAY too little, and I expect it's too late for her.

That leaves 5 left.
Not all were big winners.
1st of all, the ONLY win Biden gets is a pass as the front runner. He did NOTHING to solidify himself, and worse yet, NOTHING to make himself look able, OR younger. He's tired and he's YESTERDAY. WAKE UP Dems! Please!

Inslee didn't really win, BUT I can't dub him a loser. His knowledge and advocacy on behalf of the planet may keep him in it awhile, and He MAY catch fire. Stranger things have happened. I give you the Rep. primary of 2016 for example.

So. The Big 3 winners.

1. Booker. For the 1st time I saw his appeal. His confidence. His quickness of mind. He'd KILL Trump in any debate. That's a BIG Plus. Clear winner of the night.
#2. Tulsi Gabbard. As this was the 1st fairly largely viewed debates this was a swell introductory evening. Poised. Confidant. Smart and TOUGH. Her takedown of Harris left Harris ******!! Harris was off her game the rest of the night! Clearly Tulsi had her with "accurate info" that Harris wasn't expecting. Gabbard spoke for only 10 1/2 minutes (Biden had over 21) but her time on camera was very effective. She made her points calmly, effectively, and stated her rationale for the Presidency. Should get a big boost in fundraising.
#3. Julian Castro. This is his 2nd win in a row in my view. He schooled Biden even more effectively than Booker in their interchange over the border. Once again Castro demonstrated his knowledge on the issues and his leadership ability. Does he have what it takes to become the 1st Hispanic POTUS?? Time will tell, BUT I'd vote for him over Trump any day I had left to breathe on this earth. That makes him winner #3 for this night.

All in all good debates with night 2 clearly the superior debate.
The "A" squad (those going further in this thing) are.
Biden, Warren, Sanders, Booker, Harris, Castro, Gabbard, Mayor Pete, maybe Inslee.

The rest should withdraw and focus their energy on their families.

8/1/2019 5:33 PM (edited)
Why would Historical policies matter? History by definition is exactly that. Nobody in either of today's Parties can change what happened in History. They had no part in making past policies, so why should they apologize for them? Acknowledge them, yes, but that's it. Let's also remember that Party lines didn't really mean much for most of History. For the last time, please tell us what about today's Republican platform you consider to be racist.
8/1/2019 5:02 PM
You got specific. I can answer. Honestly, I don't know. Could you furnish me with the current Republican party Platform?
I'll read it and let you know. Though I don't know why you'd care what I thought about it since I'm not a republican and you hate parties so much.
But, I'd read it. I like comedy.
8/1/2019 5:27 PM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15|16|17...37 Next ▸
Dueling Dems Round V Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.