Dueling Dems Round V Topic

Posted by tangplay on 9/18/2019 1:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 9/18/2019 10:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 9/17/2019 11:24:00 PM (view original):
Pete wasn't 'whining'. IMO, just because it's a debate doesn't mean that they should shout over each other and make each other look bad, and Castro learned that the hard way on Thursday.
For the 80th time an opinion cannot be wrong unless new facts come out to disprove it. So... in my opinion he was and many pundits agree. He looked like a whiny wimp in my view and there is zero chance he gets the nomination.
I never said you were wrong. You have a right to an opinion. Although I would be careful calling someone who served in the armed forces under DADT a 'wimp'.
I said "looked like". He was not on the front lines, he served in intelligence. Tulsi was on the front lines. She should be the face of the party not AOC.
9/18/2019 3:02 PM
He was deployed in Afghanistan. I agree with you on Tulsi.
9/18/2019 3:14 PM
I just hope She isn't our last hope to unite our citizens in hope that the Gov't does still matter, and work.
Most think things are broken beyond repair and everybody points their finger at the "other" guy and blames him/her.........and the more they look differently the better!! Most politicians USE our tendency to blame and divide us for personal gain.

Tulsi has the qualifications to unite us, give us hope. She's different, but She still looks like America. Like the Hawaiian version of the All-American girl to be precise. She's positive, pleasant, charismatic. Yet she's bi-racial (like Obama?), She's a hindu (hindi?), She's divorced and remarried like about 2/3 of the Country. She has military experience and has evidenced an unwillingness to use the military to try and solve issues that are really Not vital to the American security interests. No more willy nilly global cop-playing!

I could go on. It's a rare opportunity, someone who isn't yet beholden to big special interests. Someone who just wants to continue to serve US!
We should wake up and DEMAND the DNC include the rest of the candidates in any further events!! The 10 they trotted out last thursday were all clear losers IF the goal is to really win the White House!

It isn't about party. It's about our lives and HOW we can be free to live them.
We MUST find a real leader. Trump ain't it. We all know that.
We MUST demand a better choice.
Tulsi IS that choice.
She
looks good from every angle.
She's a winner.
Demand the DNC offer her to us!
TULSI 2020!
9/18/2019 3:30 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 9/18/2019 3:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 9/18/2019 11:59:00 AM (view original):
I don't do links so can't comment on that specifically. But your point is valid. However, I'm kinda inclined to believe that Mayor Pete would get your irony and likely agree himself. He seems pretty open about that aspect of his life and he DOES have a sense of humor and He's also candid and honest (to some extent) it appears. Humility seems a strong point of his.

TY for your comment, though.
I think the Dems. have a few real good VP candidates............... if ONLY they could find a good head of the ticket.
It sure weren't present in this last debate. 0 - 10 at the plate in my opinion.

Tulsi 2020!
Tulsi has been buried. The Dems are corrupt as F*CK.
republicans are just as corrupt, if not moreso
9/18/2019 3:48 PM
Tulsi is NOT “that” choice. I prefer Buttigieg over everyone else by Superman-esque Leaps and Bounds.
9/18/2019 4:04 PM
I can understand that viewpoint rsp. But Pete can't win a General election. Yet. The heartland is just not ready for a gay POTUS, IMO, of course.
VP, maybe. I know I certainly could without a doubt, but there are many not like me. They would hold his age and his sexuality against him.

Tulsi crosses all the boundaries. Gets votes from all stripes.
It's time to switch from the Ugly American to the All American!
Tulsi 2020!
9/18/2019 5:23 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 9/18/2019 5:23:00 PM (view original):
I can understand that viewpoint rsp. But Pete can't win a General election. Yet. The heartland is just not ready for a gay POTUS, IMO, of course.
VP, maybe. I know I certainly could without a doubt, but there are many not like me. They would hold his age and his sexuality against him.

Tulsi 2020!
Tulsi doesn’t have a chance.
9/18/2019 5:24 PM
unfortunately, I'm not sure any of the democrats have a chance.
9/18/2019 7:18 PM
Posted by rsp777 on 9/18/2019 5:24:00 PM (view original):

Tulsi 2020!
And you think Mayor Pete does?? Crazy talk.

No one amongst those that have received all the current publicity can win except MAYBE Warren IMO.
9/18/2019 7:23 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 9/18/2019 7:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rsp777 on 9/18/2019 5:24:00 PM (view original):

Tulsi 2020!
And you think Mayor Pete does?? Crazy talk.

No one amongst those that have received all the current publicity can win except MAYBE Warren IMO.
Did you read that on duckduckgo?
9/18/2019 7:26 PM
So nice to see dummy get redlined!
9/18/2019 7:33 PM

Tulsi 2020!
He's not meant to. Buttigieg is serving a very specific purpose for the DNC, trying to shore up the LGBTLMNOP vote. I doubt even he believes he is capable of winning the primary, let alone the general election. He's doing a job. By the way, he's gay and knows how to play ball.

That makes him quite opposite to Gabbard. She wasn't trying to shore up any particular constituency, just attempting to reach a wider audience than the donor class. I wouldn't vote for her but she came across as genuine...which is probably why she was cut out of the debates. She wouldn't play ball.
9/18/2019 7:48 PM
Is he? To my knowledge, Pete has only brought up being gay once during the debates. It's not a major platform of his. I kind of forget that he is gay sometimes.
9/18/2019 11:31 PM
Posted by tangplay on 9/13/2019 7:01:00 PM (view original):
I watched it all, although I glazed over a bit during hour 3.

Winners:
Buttigieg - Well spoken as per usual. Smart. Great story about serving under don't ask, don't tell. Was the most convincing out of the candidates on healthcare.
Castro - He was correct in attacking Biden and called him out repeatedly.
Klobuchar - If/When Biden implodes, she's setting herself up to be a nice alternative.
Sanders - Weak for most of the night, but a great answer to the healthcare question.
Yang - He came out as a Patriots hater. Earned my support.

Meh:
Warren
Booker
Beto (he stands out on guns, but he's blah everywhere else)

Losers:
Harris - Couldn't stop laughing at her jokes, horrible answer to the question on her criminal record, and focused too much on Trump and weak quips.
Biden - Still gaffe-proned.
DNC - #wheresTulsi
lol, your own comment from the 13th. Do you think he told a story about don't ask, don't tell by accident?

Besides, Buttigieg does not necessarily need to mention his sexual orientation every moment of the day. There are legions of news outlets doing that already.

There's nothing wrong with this tactic. The RNC uses the same tactic when they throw out some bible-thumping clown like a Huckabee or Robertson. I'm just a little amused that some are taking Buttigieg seriously (as in a serious candidate.) He's serving his party and doing it nobly.
9/19/2019 5:34 AM
Pretty cynical viewpoint. Very well could be right. The "parties" are sick and THEY ARE responsible for our very damaged political system.
All3 and I agree on very little. But we do agree on the "value" of the two parties. THEY are the real enemy. They treat us voters like the blind idiots MOST of us are!
9/19/2019 9:08 AM
◂ Prev 1...19|20|21|22|23...37 Next ▸
Dueling Dems Round V Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.