Dueling Dems Round V Topic

Why was Pete a loser?
10/16/2019 2:53 PM
Warren got attacked heavily by Klobuchar. Damn, kept calling her Elizabeth too, which was great. She would not admit that she would raise taxes on the middle class, even crazy Beto attacked her on that.

Best Dems are :

#1) Tulsi
#2) Yang
#3) There is no #3

10/16/2019 3:01 PM
I found Pete to be the least genuine I've ever witnessed him be, so far. He was predictable and seemed rehearsed.
I found him to be looking for a way to find a "magic" moment. A line that would go viral, a successful verbal takedown, etc.
The right jab at the right time. Contrived is what I saw. He disappointed me greatly.

Frankly, Booker surprised me some. I thought he was direct and I liked his off center viewpoints and his attempts to keep the contest to beating Trump!
Amy K. was desperate, pleading (whining) and all about trying to attack Warren while stressing her mid-western creds. Sorry, I just don't find boring and clueless as creds for POTUS.

Sanders DID'NT YELL! Fact is, he was kinda funny.
Crazy Uncle Bernie. Too bad he's 95.

Steyer should save his money. Biden should go have that drink he needs and QUIT!
Oh God, please QUIT!

Harris, Amy K, Beto, and Castro should all read the writing on the wall.
They's finished.

And quite frankly. I think Gabbard is toast, too.
She needed to score and didn't.
Unless She catches fire with some masses (other than right-wingers!) quickly, real quickly, she's toast.

That leaves Sanders, Warren, Yang, Mayor Pete and ??? who, Senator Eyebrows??
Tell you what, I'm frankly dismayed.

I was HOPING for a legitimate centrist candidate who had a CHANCE to unite our citizenry (a least a plurality of them!) instead of the same old sad sad choice these two parties give us every year. Hence my support for Tulsi, whom I thought had real appeal across the aisle and with Independents.

But, I think we're gonna be stuck with a Warren/Trump choice.
Sad sad bad choice once again.

Unless this latest dumb and illegal scheme of our feckless leader results in a Pence Presidency.
Then all bets are off. Maybe the repugs. can exhume Reagan prop him up like a mannequin, teach Mitch to be a ventriloquist and an imitator and run with it. Might as well. It coujldn't be any worse than the clown in charge of the circus at this point in time!

10/16/2019 3:32 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/16/2019 3:01:00 PM (view original):
Warren got attacked heavily by Klobuchar. Damn, kept calling her Elizabeth too, which was great. She would not admit that she would raise taxes on the middle class, even crazy Beto attacked her on that.

Best Dems are :

#1) Tulsi
#2) Yang
#3) There is no #3

Tulsi really disappointed me. Yang is pretty funny and I like the fact that he is running. Honestly Yang should run for senate, not the Presidency.

10/16/2019 4:32 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 10/16/2019 3:32:00 PM (view original):
I found Pete to be the least genuine I've ever witnessed him be, so far. He was predictable and seemed rehearsed.
I found him to be looking for a way to find a "magic" moment. A line that would go viral, a successful verbal takedown, etc.
The right jab at the right time. Contrived is what I saw. He disappointed me greatly.

Frankly, Booker surprised me some. I thought he was direct and I liked his off center viewpoints and his attempts to keep the contest to beating Trump!
Amy K. was desperate, pleading (whining) and all about trying to attack Warren while stressing her mid-western creds. Sorry, I just don't find boring and clueless as creds for POTUS.

Sanders DID'NT YELL! Fact is, he was kinda funny.
Crazy Uncle Bernie. Too bad he's 95.

Steyer should save his money. Biden should go have that drink he needs and QUIT!
Oh God, please QUIT!

Harris, Amy K, Beto, and Castro should all read the writing on the wall.
They's finished.

And quite frankly. I think Gabbard is toast, too.
She needed to score and didn't.
Unless She catches fire with some masses (other than right-wingers!) quickly, real quickly, she's toast.

That leaves Sanders, Warren, Yang, Mayor Pete and ??? who, Senator Eyebrows??
Tell you what, I'm frankly dismayed.

I was HOPING for a legitimate centrist candidate who had a CHANCE to unite our citizenry (a least a plurality of them!) instead of the same old sad sad choice these two parties give us every year. Hence my support for Tulsi, whom I thought had real appeal across the aisle and with Independents.

But, I think we're gonna be stuck with a Warren/Trump choice.
Sad sad bad choice once again.

Unless this latest dumb and illegal scheme of our feckless leader results in a Pence Presidency.
Then all bets are off. Maybe the repugs. can exhume Reagan prop him up like a mannequin, teach Mitch to be a ventriloquist and an imitator and run with it. Might as well. It coujldn't be any worse than the clown in charge of the circus at this point in time!

You aren't wrong about Pete, clearly he saw this as his breakout moment, but I don't mind that. We got a good picture of him before, now it's time for him to rise in the polls.

My ranking:
Pete
Sanders
Yang
Tulsi
Booker
Klob, Castro, Warren, Beto - MEH
Harris
Biden
Steyer
10/16/2019 4:40 PM
BUT Pete's the guy I want debating Trump in a year. He's able to unite and be feisty. Smartest person in the field, midwestern, and veteran. Yes please.
10/16/2019 4:42 PM
I don't believe centrism exists for a primary, bob. They are fueled too much by the donor class, which can afford (literally) to be radical.
10/16/2019 5:39 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 10/16/2019 11:23:00 AM (view original):
Bags. I'm curious. Could you get behind/support a Warren/Yang ticket?

Anyone who wants to can opine on that ticket if you so choose.
do you mean Yang/Warren? sure, why not
10/16/2019 6:32 PM
i will get behind any demo candidate they put forth

i would vote for Pence if i had to

Warren is an irritating lecturing self righteous self satisfied moral high ground school marm strident ***** but she would get my vote

anyone but the loose cannon
10/16/2019 6:43 PM
I comprehende. And agree about Warren, lol.
Passion is annoying at times.
10/16/2019 7:09 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 10/16/2019 7:09:00 PM (view original):
I comprehende. And agree about Warren, lol.
Passion is annoying at times.
I'm not sure that's passion....she has a (Woodrow) Wilsonian air to her.

Sanders is pasionate. Warren is arrogant.
10/16/2019 7:40 PM
There's always 2024
10/16/2019 7:44 PM
Posted by DougOut on 10/16/2019 7:44:00 PM (view original):
There's always 2024
That's what most of the candidates are gunning for anyway...the empty chair after a 2nd term completes. The only ones who are desperate to win right now are the Septuagenarians.
10/16/2019 7:51 PM
that's one of my favorite bands!!!! I love the Septuagenarians!!!
10/16/2019 10:10 PM
10/17/2019 9:28 AM
◂ Prev 1...24|25|26|27|28...37 Next ▸
Dueling Dems Round V Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.