Dueling Dems Round V Topic

Warren had the most air time. The Democrats and the Media have picked her, like they did HRC last yr. It will be Warren vs. Trump.
10/17/2019 10:11 AM
Pocahontas vs. Don the Con, the Orange Cheeto?
10/17/2019 10:21 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/17/2019 10:11:00 AM (view original):
Warren had the most air time. The Democrats and the Media have picked her, like they did HRC last yr. It will be Warren vs. Trump.
wow

not even one vote by the people for the people

you are out on a limb sssr
10/17/2019 10:22 AM
You are blocking the author of this post, bagchucker.
10/17/2019 11:06 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/17/2019 10:11:00 AM (view original):
You are completely right on that.
I mean, I will take Warren over Biden but she's meh to me. Not super exciting.
10/17/2019 11:58 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/17/2019 11:06:00 AM (view original):
You are blocking the author of this post, bagchucker.
am not
10/17/2019 12:23 PM
I actually got out the laptop and watched SOME of the debate last night via internet streaming.

As usual, I thought the viewers were the big losers for spending their time. I blame my decision on a bad mix of weird flavored Kahlua and vodka.

Anyhew, here's my take on what I viewed.

Contenders who helped themselves some.

Booker----Nice swansong, but too little too late. I expect him to be gone by the next one. None the less he had the line of the night! Aimed at Biden-- "I thought you must have been high when you said THAT!".... I laughed my *** off at the PC! Great quip!
Warren-----Once again she survived another debate whilst displaying passion, energy, even vision and guts to keep to her beliefs in her "plans".
Question is, will the heartland buy her "plans"?
Yang-----I like him more every time I hear him! He's candid, thinks outside the box, appears absolutely HONEST, has loads of humility, AND he's very smart. I could vote for him, without question.
Steyer--- Held his own at times. Had a moment or two. Has the cash to bring the battle, but still a LONG way to go for a small gain last night IMO.
Mayor Pete--- OK, I saw the reason so many are behind him. He's the smartest guy in the room, no doubt. He's also candid which I like. He's also very media savvy and good at debates and explaining the rationale behind his opinions. He's also, VERY inexperienced in foreign policy, has LOTS of baggage to deal with within segments of voters outside his more tolerant base supporters (southern blacks and the heartland/Rocky Mtn region both). Plus, I saw a thin skin and a bit of a temper when challenged. I don't want another thin skin in the WH!

Contenders who treaded water ---- (NOT a good thing any longer!)
Sanders---- Bernie has figured out his appeal. And is very likeable. Has a good sense of humor. And I'd bet is honorable at his core. BUT, his age showed, and his time is past. He should take pride that many of his ideas are being adopted and live on.
Tulsi Gabbard ---- Poor 1st half. Better 2nd half. Still---- Got to have more than just "trust me" to not lead our troops into mindless regime changes. That's always her go to line and it just falls flat the tenth time you hear it. She did have one good moment when talking about unity and challenge, and the environmental issues and how she'd lead a change in our responses to these issues. But not nearly enough. Her and Sanders aren't long for the campaign unless something occurs to elevate them in the media's eye--------- and quickly!

Clear losers IMO.

Amy Klobuchar ----- Experience??? Really??? She's a youngish Senator. Never the kind of experience American voters look to for POTUS. Quick. Other than Obama, name me the last Senator elected POTUS? Quick now! Can't do it mostly can you? Besides she's just flat annoying in debates, whining, squinting, and trying to fling that lock of her out of her left eye. Oh, also, PUT ON YOUR GLASSES! The contacts (obviously) ain't working! Her entire pitch seems to be elect me because I'm tolerable to some middle ground heartland folks, maybe even a few Repugs. Not much of an argument to sway me into voting for an insider Dem from the senate.
K. Harris ---- Here's the deal. Mayor Pete IS the smartest guy in the room, However, Kamala (only) THINKS She is! And it just ain't so. Pandering to the black audience as IF she's the ONLY candidate with real creds on black "issues" is just pure poppycock. In short she's a fraud with a huge ego and a despot complex. Just like what we have except female and black. Sorry, I won't go there. Couldn't vote for her no matter who the Repugnant was-------and it's starting to look like it may not be Trump. Once the rats start jumping, they usually jump quickly.

Finally, Biden---- C'mon Man!! Slick suits and nice makeup work can NOT make up for a slow wit and thick mental functionality. Simply put, he isn't mentally up to this task!! The Dems NEED to figure out how to tell him to do them a favor and retire to that grand pasture. Somebody cajole Obama into the task! Tell him it's vital to the preservation of the Country or something. Whatever, he's GOT to go. IF I see him shake his head to try to regain mental control of what he's supposed to be imparting one more time, I'm gonna scream!!! He can NO LONGER even communicate his (very labored) thoughts and attempts at speech well enough to be coherent-----on MANY occasions! He would just get absolutely stomped on by Trump and his cronies in a national campaign.
It would be political suicide for the Dems to run him! And I haven't even mentioned all his baggage coming out of the Ukraine investigations at all, did I?
It would be criminal malfeasance for the Dems to run him!

Final thought (Hey, that's just like Jerry Springer, ain't it?)

IF it has to be a choice between Biden and Warren (and many say it looks like that) PLEASE go with Warren.

I could actually vote for Warren, IF it was Vs. Trump.
I won't make that pledge should the Repugnants run someone else!
11/21/2019 11:38 AM (edited)
Glad you finally see the light on Mayor Pete! I agree with you on your criticism of him, but I still support him because he is smart, a vet, great on defense, and a great debater. Watching him debate Trump would be amazing.

I am now only considering 4
1. Buttigieg
2. Bernie - still inspires me. He's Warren but far more passionate, persuasive, and sincere.
3. Yang - He's a good, funny guy with some interesting ideas. I'm glad he's sticking around. Not sure I want him to be President though. Cabinet position would be perfect. Maybe a seat in the house.
4. Booker - Perfect VP pick for Pete. He has fun on stage. Good speaker.
11/21/2019 4:46 PM
Tangy. I like Booker for a VP choice. It could work for a number of them perhaps.
11/21/2019 7:10 PM
Booker may be able to soften religious black voters who will struggle with voting for Buttegieg because he’s a gay man. He’s by FAR the best candidate of the field. Booker would be a solid running mate. B and B baby!
11/21/2019 7:46 PM
I mean, Buttigieg is the most overtly religious person in the field right now.
11/21/2019 8:28 PM
also the most overtly whats the word

just because the black man won a decade ago does not mean the gay man will now

history is jigs and jags
11/22/2019 12:51 AM
Bags is so very very correct!!
11/22/2019 8:03 AM
Posted by laramiebob on 11/22/2019 8:03:00 AM (view original):
Bags is so very very correct!!
Yes, he is. Try and imagine a black southern baptist wrestling with the racist vs the gay man. I think if Pete gets there his VP choice will make a HUGE difference in potential swing or non votes when it comes to the gay issue.
11/22/2019 10:25 AM
There was a debate earlier this week. Anybody have a clue about what was actually debated?

More importantly........... was there anybody (I DID say anybody) you could vote for for POTUS?

Serious question.

I'll kick things off by openly saying there ARE/were a couple I could vote against!
And I'm no trumpet........... as most should know.
What does that spell??

T R O U B L E

Now that's a GREAT Lindsey Buckingham song but a BAD BAD outlook on the 2020 election...........
ain't it?
1/16/2020 1:58 PM
◂ Prev 1...25|26|27|28|29...37 Next ▸
Dueling Dems Round V Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.