New Salary Cap Progressive (Waitlist) Topic

I'm in.
7/1/2019 10:27 PM
Cool.

I was also thinking about running some of the league stuff on a league shared Google Sheet or something like that to let everyone in on the organization. I will try and create some good league stats for it. Bring WiS into the 21st century.
7/1/2019 11:44 PM
In
7/2/2019 12:29 AM
If I haven’t missed the boat, I want some of this
7/2/2019 1:08 PM
Got you two.
7/2/2019 1:14 PM
Ill play.
7/2/2019 1:41 PM
Everybody was bump-fu fighting...
7/6/2019 2:15 AM
Looking forward. How many more do we need (teams)
7/6/2019 1:48 PM
I'm a coward. Can I still play?
7/6/2019 6:06 PM
Ooh fun! I’ll take a try
7/7/2019 12:03 AM
In
7/7/2019 2:03 PM
I love progressives, I’m very happy Robusk is willing to run this and I'm super excited to try this. I do have a couple concerns and want to throw out a couple thoughts. First concern is that this will be HARD! Maybe not so much season 1 or even 2, but the further you go the harder it will be to build a good team that fits into that $6m window. I’m a little concerned with the tight cap there will be a need for a lot of trades, which are frequently one of the pain points and down falls of a progressive league. And in this case some trades will be for the purpose of reducing salary. So you may have team 1 trade a $7m player to team 2 for a $4m player to get under the cap. Generally all things being equal you would need something back to make it “even”. It can be done, but I think it will be hard and result in trades that “look a little different” and may appear unfair. Which leads to the trade noise I referred to. The alternative is the add/drop, which means at 12:01am or whatever someone who happens to be online gets first dibs at a good player.

You could consider increasing the cap a little. Maybe a $47m cap helps with some of the concerns. And you could put a waiver wire order in place for add/drop where the team with the worst record gets first dibs and so on. Not just the one who happens to be online.

No matter what I am in, especially if seapilots is in!

Robusk – if my theories are off let me know. Maybe I’m misunderstanding how you envision the league evolving. Historically success in progressives means two things 1) acquiring assets to build a great team and make a run and then 2) selling those assets off so you can get bad, higher picks and rebuild and maybe acquire players.
7/11/2019 2:51 PM
I'll take a 2nd team, if that's cool.
7/11/2019 5:33 PM
Posted by jcred5 on 7/11/2019 2:51:00 PM (view original):
I love progressives, I’m very happy Robusk is willing to run this and I'm super excited to try this. I do have a couple concerns and want to throw out a couple thoughts. First concern is that this will be HARD! Maybe not so much season 1 or even 2, but the further you go the harder it will be to build a good team that fits into that $6m window. I’m a little concerned with the tight cap there will be a need for a lot of trades, which are frequently one of the pain points and down falls of a progressive league. And in this case some trades will be for the purpose of reducing salary. So you may have team 1 trade a $7m player to team 2 for a $4m player to get under the cap. Generally all things being equal you would need something back to make it “even”. It can be done, but I think it will be hard and result in trades that “look a little different” and may appear unfair. Which leads to the trade noise I referred to. The alternative is the add/drop, which means at 12:01am or whatever someone who happens to be online gets first dibs at a good player.

You could consider increasing the cap a little. Maybe a $47m cap helps with some of the concerns. And you could put a waiver wire order in place for add/drop where the team with the worst record gets first dibs and so on. Not just the one who happens to be online.

No matter what I am in, especially if seapilots is in!

Robusk – if my theories are off let me know. Maybe I’m misunderstanding how you envision the league evolving. Historically success in progressives means two things 1) acquiring assets to build a great team and make a run and then 2) selling those assets off so you can get bad, higher picks and rebuild and maybe acquire players.
No man, I think your theories are right on. My vision is that it would be a little more like real life where like Russell Westbrook goes from stud to someone who have to unload for salary cap reasons. I think we are on the same plane. I think the tightness creates a real interesting league.

Unrelated but I was traveling all week and I am back. I am going to update the front page now.
7/13/2019 1:35 AM
Posted by jpevans31 on 7/11/2019 5:33:00 PM (view original):
I'll take a 2nd team, if that's cool.
Let's see if we can fill it without duplicates first.
7/13/2019 1:36 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
New Salary Cap Progressive (Waitlist) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.