One Team Recruiting ups and downs. Topic

Ok Coaches I’m no recruiting genius, I try to get a bit of knowledge from others and put it together on when the clock starts. In the old days I would target my top 5 or six players and Hammer the heck out of them in the first four cycles, It was gamble, as I play 1-AA and the big boys can come in at any time and take a piece of the action. What it did do was put me in a position to crush any one of equal money on my level. I was usually all in 5 and 5 every cycle.
I had to develop a bit in Wilkerson, I had to target players with a bit more caution because the big boys take what they want and there was more of them, a lot more, a lot more 1-AA coaches too. Recruits that were baseline in Yost are now a priority.
Now I focus on my 200, with a purpose. With that I’m breaking down my recruiting approach this season. I’m sitting on the throne like saint Augustine of Hippo, Martin Luther and Thomas Aquinas all in one hoping to get insight for the season while relaying this. It’s 16 hours before signing and I’m in a few big battles. I spammed the undecided this year to the tune of 4000 dollars I never did that before, not that big, do the math, nice seclection of undecides and those i want to keep an eye on. I did it the old-fashioned way, No Yatzr. What am I looking for WE let's get it, Growth is important none of them are starting in week one officially year two maybe a few. We are all looking for that year four or red-shirt fifth starter GROWTH. Now if they are a local stud Hehehehehehehehe. I don’t have to say it. I need 4 DL tough road and priority. I have it set at 2QB-2RB-1TE/WR-1OL-4DL-1LB-1DB for 12 spots.
I hit it easy the first cycle, with the advent of the potential visibility it's best to be sure. I liked the old way because it allowed mistakes by others. This spells it out for them, but for me also I don't mind. I get lucky and a few quality targets like me. I look at the ones in my two that I like after that I'm down to 103000. But I have the bones set Henry Kinney likes me, he is not a monster but with his overall and STL I can grow him. He a 90 speed and 60 in the other relevant stats I might have to bring in another DB as I would like to RS him, Future monster. I get's two D-Linemen yellow OK start, I’m worried because I put 5 thousand into each, can't take the chance of losing that cash this is Wilkerson. Every penny counts. Graham is STL sweet not even looking at me but I feed him slowly Next cycle I'll go 5 and 5 he laughs at me in that cycle and my conference rival Jeffn48 is in sorry Jeff he's holding $3500 of my money. Crazy! I'll Keep dumping next cycle with a 75% I’ll RS him any way quality for the future 3 SR, one Soph. I needed D-Linemen that can play with core attributes, I avoided battles targeted core guys. Keep an Eye and feed Childress, 76 overall by my rating I need that. The others are above 660 in overall rating and WE are not a big deal as they will be playing. Growthis important. (That Proper Bastard JF came to Yost and gave Chetty and I a course on WE, I still didn’t figure it out His teams were a good 50-point ratings above the best. It's not easy to do he's winning at Texas but the growth is not what he had on D1AA the engine tops it off but he's still head ans shoulders above. Carroll at LB Growth potential I was looking for a 85 tackling 70 GE guy to boost my weaknesses but hey come see me on the main line. Black and Torres same, I like the WE/Potential combo I wanted to lose Torres and still might( South Miss ended coming and taking him late, Good riddance) . TE-Sanchez was a Temple/Nova guy from the first cycle I thought about going away from the TE, I have 2 but his “Measurable s” are quality. WR-Dixon makes my life easier, My offense does not need 6 WR but the QB battle is crazy and Dixon gives me more money he also falls into my WE/Pot philosophy. 87 speed 90 hands 60/47/60 on WE/STG//BLK I run the ball it's important for me, you have to decide if STG and BLK is important for your WR’s. I have Barnett green first cycle and with the monsters I'm chasing up front the Money is more important. I do a few faints but decided like Elsa i'll (Let it go) and save the money battle are expensive and 76 Childress is the prize and need Graham. I get Childress, the monster, but the rest are holding out, I don’t get it with this engine the arguably better player commits and the ones with great potential sit. All say they will commit but SIMMY is a closer sometimes, could it be this year.
If they have a lot of scholarships, I pepper them with coach visit and campus visit I little secret of mine is once it's down to two of us I’ll go 2-2-1 till it done. I can figure exponentially I'm making it hard for you, I have 10x10x5 coaches and campus visit in to your 5x5x5x most people will have and yes, I believe it matter how early the action is taken. By the end of day two if you are in battles, you're low on cash best to close early. I go hard at Sharpe (11000) to get down to Mcbeth and Me. I’m hoping he finds a D1 QB he likes better, a few are out there, and Vision is not an issue at that level you see everything. Going in I was hoping that Macbeth would create some noise in the North East scare a few folks up north let the pieces fall to Nova. “good smoke screen.” Getting help from TU (not Officially) but I stay out of his way and his presence keep most folks out of Philly. (Avoid the battles.) I see one of the best coaches in the game keeps coming to town and he is battling quite a few folks, Last season I took a DB from him pretty easy, hummmm he's not battling, he’s casting, and smoking. Throwing a wide net and sending up smoke screens. Must be Guaranteed starts or that 150 in Phone calls, either way he's in on 24 that I see. He closed out a few of them all the ones that matter. When I looked at his roster, he may have a few recruits from his local area many from 600 plus out SMOKE Screen. Heheheh He’s better than good at this! A few too many bites in my neck of the woods. This is Wilks if you don’t have it green at 12 it might go. If it is green, it might still go (had a 1AA coach Snipe me on signing day at 12 once I had the guy from first cycle, only put 1000 into him. It was a Nice move) Late!
I’m looking at My 12 * seven Green, further more those leaning to me are two O-Linemen, one great one I can't go after. 4 DB’s One green in case, One D-Linemen, 3LB’s. 2QB’s one journeyman (bum) One with VL growth but 67WE, 70STG, and 51 GI I would have went for him if the VL was LOW, certainly if it was Average. See you at 12:00 Boys

8:11 AM I'm back on the throne waiting for the 9:00 o'clock hour. Then I'll be able to breed a sly asides relief sigh of relief. 12:00 o'clock last night turned lamb green quality move. As things stand right now QB sharp is yellow still counting on UConn getting want to big boys, even though it cost Me two recruiting seasons ago doing the same thing. Sutton is yellow, Graham is yellow, it's going to come down to what I do here as it says they are “in the bag “for Villanova. New Hampshire as 10 scholarships to my 12-money wise I should be OK. Spent heavy on Graham. Offered OL Barnett the scholarship he's a growth guy and add depth. I might red-shirt my STL O-Linemen frome last season and go with 8 he should make up the 6-9 percent WE hit. Got my eye on a couple of DB’s that Duke doesn't want if they have any quality, I might make a move for them. The local DB that was yellow with the expert coach I spoke about was turned red. Indicates a bit going forward, the kids a quality player. Also indicates that in the next season I could bleed the coach.

9:28 it is looking better, the last CV to Sutton flipped him green, better not to wait. The Sim had 18 Scholarships and a drawn-out battle might have flipped him back, I have seen it. Current count Ten green two yellow. I have a battle with Jeffn48 for the D-Linemen STL with and I am holding out hope that Sharpe’s Rifle arm comes to the Main Line.

12 O'clock Lamb, Childress and Sutton the D-Linemen come home. Barnett, OL and Sanchez TE sign, Black RB and Dixon WR. sign. Carroll the high Growth LB is in, I get Kinney the STL DB. I held off on Torres the RB, I might have to get another DB to take advantage of Kinney Potential. 3 spots are open for me, waiting on QB Sharpe, DL Graham and an Open spot. Sharpe is Leaning My way and Graham is leaning to Jeffn48 at New Hampshire.

3 O’clock no signing for me but a lot that could influence my team. McBeth and UConn waiting on a few but I should be good with Sharpe. At 6 O’clock Sharpe signs. QB of the future is here. 9 0’clock no change one thing I know is if I had the 130000, I started with I might be able to cherry pick quality players. (I might try that one year) for S’s & G’s

Happy 4th. I settle for the DL, it looks like the battle might not go my way I’m low on cash I throw everything I have left at the DT and Wait and Wait , and Wait, Wait and Wait , and Wait, Wait and Wait , and Wait, Wait and Wait , and Wait, Wait and Wait , and Wait, Wait and Wait , and Wait, Wait and Wait , and Wait, Wait and Wait , and Wait, Wait and Wait , and Wait, Wait and Wait , and Wait, Wait and Wait , and Wait, Wait and Wait , and Wait, Wait and Wait , and Wait, Wait and Wait , and Wait, Wait and Wait , and Wait, Wait and Wait , and Wait, Wait and Wait , and Wait, Wait and Wait , and Wait, Wait and Wait , and Wait, Wait and Wait , and Wait, Wait and Wait , and Wait. Some quality players I had for number ones and twos that the big boys snapped are now yellow, shucks, shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks shucks, and wait.

9:16 Sunday LOST gram to unh’s Jeffn48! I hope it’s not the first in a string of losses. Now on the QB, Grayson, low FIQ, waste to bring him in, I’ll get a frosh with 20 to start next year. I’ll take an OL and red shirt one of my STL soph’s from last year. Class Complete. Lots of Mistakes, That’s right Jeffn48, also lots of hits the Replenishment of the DL, a Future QB money.
7/6/2019 6:17 PM
One Team Recruiting ups and downs. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.