Why wont Obama support Biden? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Totally legitimate and fair question. I have wondered why Obama has been relatively silent. This is a messy fact that has been completely glossed over by everyone.
See dummy, real legitimate discussion. Like adults. I've argued with all3 to no end. But the guy has a legitimate question. So I'll address it like an adult. Which I usually don't do very well.
7/9/2019 10:21 AM
obama believes in the system and the party.
he would not allow any release of info on trump before the election.......he is that dedicted to the system.
he will not favor any dem until one is nominated.
7/9/2019 11:08 AM
Posted by dino27 on 7/9/2019 11:08:00 AM (view original):
obama believes in the system and the party.
he would not allow any release of info on trump before the election.......he is that dedicted to the system.
he will not favor any dem until one is nominated.
Solid. I thought the same thing. I'm glad that you brought it up and not me. It does give me a little trepidation if Rebubs start weaponizing it somehow. I also think Barack is more than up to the task of fighting that kind of bullshit. I guess what I'd really like is to hear Obama say something to the effect of what dino said. The silence will start getting louder as time passes and the vacuum will need a new bag sooner than later.
7/9/2019 12:15 PM
as soon as there is a nominee you will see him often.
7/9/2019 12:49 PM
Posted by dino27 on 7/9/2019 12:49:00 PM (view original):
as soon as there is a nominee you will see him often.
I don't think he will need to wait until a formal nominee is declared.

Seeing him often on the campaign trail during the general election is a given.
7/9/2019 12:53 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/9/2019 10:30:00 AM (view original):
(to all3)

Biden played his role well (a white face sitting second chair to a black one) and moved the progressive agenda forward but he has zero upside as a top-of-the-ticket candidate. Nominating a white man is taking a step backwards in the current social climate. The winning candidate must be a woman or there will be hell to pay.

It's not personal. Obama is probably looking to the future and sees Biden as the past. More practically, it's too early and if Obama endorses someone who loses, his prestige will be damaged a bit.
I think this is correct!

No upside at all (for Obama) to endorse anyone right now, PLUS Biden IS the PAST!!

And his past is damaging in today's climate WITHIN the Dem. Party.
Just the way it is.

I also agree the Dem. ticket will have a woman at the top.
With an "upcomer" male as the VP nominee.

Thus, I prefer someone with a modicum of military/international affairs knowledge.......... someone like Tulsi Gabbard.
Tulsi 2020!
7/9/2019 1:30 PM
that may be true, all3...but since when do you put any stock in Obama's opinon?
7/9/2019 3:17 PM
Perhaps. Biden likes his cocktails I believe.
7/9/2019 3:18 PM
Posted by all3 on 7/9/2019 3:11:00 PM (view original):
Since I was genuinely curious what people thought the reason was, I opened posts I wouldn't normally. I appreciate the level of sensibility in them.

Maybe I hate all politicians so much that I'm jaded, but I believe Obama knows something about Biden that scares him away from making an endorsement and the old white guy line of thinking provides him a good "shield".
I'm glad you did that. Legitimate discussion is one thing, but we all get a bit off the rails. I'm glad I took your post seriously. And honestly I don't block anybody but dummy and I usually read at least some of his stuff for comedy fodder. Most of the people who usually discuss things here I consider intelligent and passionate people. It's ok that we don't agree. I'm happy you're as open to some common ground as I am all3.

Have a great day dudes.

Enjoy the All-Star Game tonight.

Always my favorite night of the summer just for the memories it envokes.
7/9/2019 3:24 PM
Obama wasn't exactly gung ho and enthusiastic for Hillary in 16' either

Maybe it's an ego thing.
7/9/2019 3:28 PM
maybe its a ex-president thing, they usually try to stay above the fray

my guess is privately Oblama hopes someone younger/darker/modder comes to the fore. as do i hope

but Biden was loyal, Oblama owes him

my opinion is he's doing the right thing staying out of it

rem when the clinton machine couldn't push mrs clinton over the top?

he is an organizer and speechifier but he is not a machine politician
7/9/2019 4:35 PM
i agree...i do believe that he feels it is important to stay above it and let it play out and that he is morally and ethically obligated to do that.
and thats what he does....that is his history.
some people are reading too much into this.
7/9/2019 4:39 PM
12345 Next ▸
Why wont Obama support Biden? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.