Great points Bob, especially on #10.

8/20/2019 12:26 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 8/20/2019 8:45:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 8/20/2019 12:08:00 AM (view original):

Study: What a conservative echo chamber teaches you, or in other words, delusion:
  • People in border cities are scared of asylum seekers
  • We can't accept people into the country because of our deficit
  • Liberals are illogical and only care about feelings, conservatives are pragmatic
  • The wall is chump change, and is more effective than deploying aid to central america
  • Closing ports of entry somehow affects Mexico
  • Trump didn't dramatically change the immigration law in America
  • The best way to solve for the deficit is by closing the border
  • Asylum is illegal
  • Every single supporter of BDS wants the destruction of Israel
  • If you want to cut Israel off from US support, you are antisemitic
  • If you don't want your land taken over by Israel, just MOVE! Easy, right!
  • If you hate leftists, you are a good person.
Stay tuned.
  • People in border cities are scared of asylum seekers -- They are. Watch 60 Minutes
  • We can't accept people into the country because of our deficit -- That is true. Illegal immigration is pricey.
  • Liberals are illogical and only care about feelings, conservatives are pragmatic - Not Liberals but Leftists. Bill Maher is pragmatic. Tulsi Gabbard is pragmatic. Liz Warren is not. AOC is not.
  • The wall is chump change, and is more effective than deploying aid to central america -- You can do both. We already have a deficit. Who pays for the aid?
  • Closing ports of entry somehow affects Mexico -- No one cares about this sans you.
  • Trump didn't dramatically change the immigration law in America -- He didn't. Obama was known as the Deporter in Chief.
  • The best way to solve for the deficit is by closing the border -- No one said that ever.
  • Asylum is illegal -- Legal but not when you step foot in the US. Asylum is done from outside the US soil. People in Mongolia cannot just walk onto US land. My parents had to apply and wait to get their asylum.
  • Every single supporter of BDS wants the destruction of Israel -- 100% true. BDS founder stated that the goal is the destruction of Israel. Persons like Linda Sarsour who is the current face of the movement will only accept a one state solution which equates to the destruction of Israel. Every single mostly Muslim country destroys other religions and beliefs. BDS supporters are like the KKK to a Jewish person (which you are not if you hang out with them).
  • If you want to cut Israel off from US support, you are antisemitic --- See above.
  • If you don't want your land taken over by Israel, just MOVE! Easy, right! - Correct.
  • If you hate leftists, you are a good person. -- Correct.
OK, so check out page 631 on the "Trump: Best President Ever" thread to see a comprehensive list of sources and quotes that back up my positions on immigration. Because you are incorrect on all of your points on immigration. People in border cities are not scared of asylum seekers, they are scared of the military on the border. Asylum seekers help the deficit, not hurt it. The wall is not chump change, and is far less effective and more costly than aid. Trump did change US immigration policy. You argued that we need to close the border to solve the deficit, which is backwards logic. You can only apply for asylum if you are in the USA. Crossing the US border and applying for asylum is not only legal, it is required to get asylum in the first place.

You are clearly uninformed on immigration issues. THAT'S OK! Please read what I wrote in the "Best President Ever" thread and see how much you learn.

In terms of BDS, I don't think that each member of BDS wants the destruction of Israel. I don't know if the overall organization endorses it. This whole argument is silly. Like I said, I don't think the US should be involved in the Middle East at all.

Adolf Hitler hated leftists.
8/20/2019 12:32 PM
Posted by all3 on 8/20/2019 9:41:00 AM (view original):
Nice to know I'm still missing nothing but lies and nonsense from tang.
Congrats, you played yourself.

8/20/2019 12:37 PM
¿Where's Comrade?
8/20/2019 4:44 PM
Posted by tangplay on 8/20/2019 12:32:00 PM (view original):

Study: What a conservative echo chamber teaches you, or in other words, delusion:
  • Liberals are illogical and only care about feelings, conservatives are pragmatic
  • The wall is chump change, and is more effective than deploying aid to central america
  • Asylum is illegal
Stay tuned.
  • People in border cities are scared of asylum seekers -- They are. Watch 60 Minutes
  • We can't accept people into the country because of our deficit -- That is true. Illegal immigration is pricey.
  • Liberals are illogical and only care about feelings, conservatives are pragmatic - Not Liberals but Leftists. Bill Maher is pragmatic. Tulsi Gabbard is pragmatic. Liz Warren is not. AOC is not.
  • The wall is chump change, and is more effective than deploying aid to central america -- You can do both. We already have a deficit. Who pays for the aid?
  • Closing ports of entry somehow affects Mexico -- No one cares about this sans you.
  • Trump didn't dramatically change the immigration law in America -- He didn't. Obama was known as the Deporter in Chief.
  • The best way to solve for the deficit is by closing the border -- No one said that ever.
  • Asylum is illegal -- Legal but not when you step foot in the US. Asylum is done from outside the US soil. People in Mongolia cannot just walk onto US land. My parents had to apply and wait to get their asylum.
  • Every single supporter of BDS wants the destruction of Israel -- 100% true. BDS founder stated that the goal is the destruction of Israel. Persons like Linda Sarsour who is the current face of the movement will only accept a one state solution which equates to the destruction of Israel. Every single mostly Muslim country destroys other religions and beliefs. BDS supporters are like the KKK to a Jewish person (which you are not if you hang out with them).
  • If you want to cut Israel off from US support, you are antisemitic --- See above.
  • If you don't want your land taken over by Israel, just MOVE! Easy, right! - Correct.
OK, so check out page 631 on the "Trump: Best President Ever" thread to see a comprehensive list of sources and quotes that back up my positions on immigration. Because you are incorrect on all of your points on immigration. People in border cities are not scared of asylum seekers, they are scared of the military on the border. Asylum seekers help the deficit, not hurt it. The wall is not chump change, and is far less effective and more costly than aid. Trump did change US immigration policy. You argued that we need to close the border to solve the deficit, which is backwards logic. You can only apply for asylum if you are in the USA. Crossing the US border and applying for asylum is not only legal, it is required to get asylum in the first place.

You are clearly uninformed on immigration issues. THAT'S OK! Please read what I wrote in the "Best President Ever" thread and see how much you learn.

In terms of BDS, I don't think that each member of BDS wants the destruction of Israel. I don't know if the overall organization endorses it. This whole argument is silly. Like I said, I don't think the US should be involved in the Middle East at all.

Why would I read what you wrote when you cannot even watch a 6 minute clip?

Here is your data on BDS. It is like saying not all KKK members hate Jews.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/46068/hammer-yes-united-states-was-right-deny-entry-bds-josh-hammer
8/20/2019 5:13 PM

• Asylum is illegal
Stay tuned.

My parents applied for asylum in Austria. Did the rules suddenly change?
8/20/2019 5:14 PM
Maybe the rules for asylum in Austria are not the same as they are in America. In America, you have to be on US soil to apply for asylum. If you read my posts, you would know that.
8/20/2019 5:19 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 8/20/2019 5:13:00 PM (view original):

• Asylum is illegal
Stay tuned.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/46068/hammer-yes-united-states-was-right-deny-entry-bds-josh-hammer
OK. I will give you the claim that the founder of BDS doesn't support an Israeli state. Not sure if that makes him antisemitic. The zionist stuff, who knows. It takes a lot for me to throw labels around.

8/20/2019 5:22 PM
Posted by tangplay on 8/20/2019 5:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 8/20/2019 5:13:00 PM (view original):

• Asylum is illegal
Stay tuned.

OK. I will give you the claim that the founder of BDS doesn't support an Israeli state. Not sure if that makes him antisemitic. The zionist stuff, who knows. It takes a lot for me to throw labels around.

If that does not convince you then nothing will. You're hopeless.
8/20/2019 5:23 PM
Posted by tangplay on 8/20/2019 5:19:00 PM (view original):
Maybe the rules for asylum in Austria are not the same as they are in America. In America, you have to be on US soil to apply for asylum. If you read my posts, you would know that.
They were in Austria when they applied for asylum to come to the US. Why would I read anything you post when you refuse to watch a six minute clip that I posted?
8/20/2019 5:23 PM
Posted by tangplay on 8/20/2019 5:19:00 PM (view original):
Rules may have changed. Here are the current rules:

they are physically present in the United States (or at least at a U.S. border or other point of entry).

They can apply in Mexico.
8/20/2019 5:25 PM
Right, so the port of entry is at the border... so for all intents and purposes, they must be in the United States.

In most cases, what will happen is an asylum seeker crosses the border, finds an officer, is given necessary equipment, and then the system begins from there.

So the idea that they can just apply from within Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, or wherever they may be isn't actually within US law. And it is perfectly legal to apply for asylum on US soil, contrary to what you claimed.

In other news, I watched the Maher clip. I don't know why you had me watch it. What emotion am I supposed to feel? I don't support BDS, but I'm not outraged by them either. They exist. If they start killing or harassing Israelis and Jews, then we have a problem. To my experience, that's not what is happening. Debating over what the term for them would be is simply irrelevant.

8/20/2019 5:30 PM
Posted by tangplay on 8/20/2019 5:30:00 PM (view original):
Right, so the port of entry is at the border... so for all intents and purposes, they must be in the United States.

In most cases, what will happen is an asylum seeker crosses the border, finds an officer, is given necessary equipment, and then the system begins from there.

So the idea that they can just apply from within Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, or wherever they may be isn't actually within US law. And it is perfectly legal to apply for asylum on US soil, contrary to what you claimed.

In other news, I watched the Maher clip. I don't know why you had me watch it. What emotion am I supposed to feel? I don't support BDS, but I'm not outraged by them either. They exist. If they start killing or harassing Israelis and Jews, then we have a problem. To my experience, that's not what is happening. Debating over what the term for them would be is simply irrelevant.

What does BDS stand for and what do you think would happen to Israel and the people who live there if BDS were to be passed?

Think a few steps ahead. In fact passing BDS would result in severe consequences for Israel aka the destruction of it. No trade with the US or other countries? Sanctions? Pretty rough.

Why is there not a BDS movement vs. the KSA for how they treat women, Yemen, gays, apostates?
8/20/2019 5:33 PM
I am anti-BDS. I don't think we should sanction Israel. I think we should let them be. BDS is certainly not good for Israel.

Many liberals are against Saudi Arabia. It's Trump's rich friends that want to keep ties with them.

And for the record, if I were to pick an ally in the middle east, it would be Israel.

I watched the Maher clip. Now it's your turn. Take 10 minutes out of your day to go to page 631 of the "Best President ever" thread and read up. I can copy/paste it here to make it easier on you if you want.
8/20/2019 5:40 PM
Posted by tangplay on 8/20/2019 5:40:00 PM (view original):
I am anti-BDS. I don't think we should sanction Israel. I think we should let them be. BDS is certainly not good for Israel.

Many liberals are against Saudi Arabia. It's Trump's rich friends that want to keep ties with them.

And for the record, if I were to pick an ally in the middle east, it would be Israel.

I watched the Maher clip. Now it's your turn. Take 10 minutes out of your day to go to page 631 of the "Best President ever" thread and read up. I can copy/paste it here to make it easier on you if you want.
Thank you for your candor. I appreciate it.
8/20/2019 6:36 PM
◂ Prev 1...26|27|28|29|30...36 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.