Mixed emotions ... Topic

Hello coaches all around Wilk !!!
It was my last dance with you ... The dream of anybody is to leave on top, so i did it with my 3rd title and i did it with style considering the season my little Buckeyes just had ... WOW !!!
I won 2 titles many seasons ago with a generation of coaches including tkechub, willgibson, jhard, cfbfan among others and i wanted so badly to win another with another generation of great coaches ... I wanted to prove to myself that i was able to win in a game based more on passing because i m more a running between tackles type of coach ... I prefer old school football to be honest .
I don t have the same passion, the same desire to win BUT i simply hate to lose so it s time for me to turn the page and do something else with my free time .
With a .853 winning % at Ohio State i can be proud ... Now i let my beloved Buckeyes in the hands of another coach ... The roster is still very talented so the team will be just fine fighting with PSU, ND, Purdue, TTUN and the rest of the conference .
It was fun to fight with you guys ... I always tried to be as classy as possible on the field and on the recruiting trails ... I have never used my elite status to play the poacher or/and the bother other coaches ... Not even once !!!

My seasons at OSU have been simply incredible, playing great coaches every single season BUT my biggest pride was season 82 at Hawaii when i was ranked number 1 in the country at mid season ... I ended the season with a BCS win ag. LSU ... During my seasons at Hawaii i also won few great games including a bowl game ag. USC among others ... I became a good coach during my time on the islands ... It was special !!! It s very tough to have success on the islands cause of all the recruiting challenge .
I will give an advice to the young 1A coaches, if you want to learn how to become a great good coach, go on the islands ... You will learn how to recruit and because of the lack of talent you will have no choice other than to analyse the game more and more and more ... At the end you will be better .
YES It s possible to be a TOP10 ranked team at Hawaii ... I tell you !!!

Special thanks to my long time football SIM buddy fermor ... We started playing this game almost at the same time ... Do you remember the Wooster / Case Western Reserve rivalry coach ???
It was not a great one but it was our rivalry ... I appreciated every part of it !!!

-All my best wishes to ez ... What a great coach !!! I miss your little furry ones !!!
-kensei, probably the most underrated coach in the game ... You re a class act my friend ... Beware of the Irish !!!
-What about nortonis ... I started 0-10 ag. him but i was able to turn things around after ... What a tough coach to face !!! It was fun to face you every single season buddy ... You can say that you took the best of me !!!

By the way, i m ready to help young coaches so if you have questions go ahead i can use my knowledge to mentor if needed ... I leave the game but i still like it a lot !!!

Enough said ...

Wish you the very best to all, take care guys and God bless !!!

Harry ( roxy11 ), THE Ohio State University Former Head Coach
7/28/2019 4:57 PM (edited)
Congratulations on the National Title Harry. Going out on 2 out of 3 aint bad my friend, BUT you will be missed! You have been a great coach, and a fine gentleman. Didn't think anyone remembered the furry little ones, but we and the Buckeyes sure had some wild battles in the "old days"! My son and I enjoyed that time period as much or more than any other in GD. We wish you Godspeed in travels, peace at rest, and love in your home. Hopefully our paths will cross again.
7/28/2019 6:48 PM
Posted by roxy11 on 7/28/2019 4:57:00 PM (view original):
Hello coaches all around Wilk !!!
It was my last dance with you ... The dream of anybody is to leave on top, so i did it with my 3rd title and i did it with style considering the season my little Buckeyes just had ... WOW !!!
I won 2 titles many seasons ago with a generation of coaches including tkechub, willgibson, jhard, cfbfan among others and i wanted so badly to win another with another generation of great coaches ... I wanted to prove to myself that i was able to win in a game based more on passing because i m more a running between tackles type of coach ... I prefer old school football to be honest .
I don t have the same passion, the same desire to win BUT i simply hate to lose so it s time for me to turn the page and do something else with my free time .
With a .853 winning % at Ohio State i can be proud ... Now i let my beloved Buckeyes in the hands of another coach ... The roster is still very talented so the team will be just fine fighting with PSU, ND, Purdue, TTUN and the rest of the conference .
It was fun to fight with you guys ... I always tried to be as classy as possible on the field and on the recruiting trails ... I have never used my elite status to play the poacher or/and the bother other coaches ... Not even once !!!

My seasons at OSU have been simply incredible, playing great coaches every single season BUT my biggest pride was season 82 at Hawaii when i was ranked number 1 in the country at mid season ... I ended the season with a BCS win ag. LSU ... During my seasons at Hawaii i also won few great games including a bowl game ag. USC among others ... I became a good coach during my time on the islands ... It was special !!! It s very tough to have success on the islands cause of all the recruiting challenge .
I will give an advice to the young 1A coaches, if you want to learn how to become a great good coach, go on the islands ... You will learn how to recruit and because of the lack of talent you will have no choice other than to analyse the game more and more and more ... At the end you will be better .
YES It s possible to be a TOP10 ranked team at Hawaii ... I tell you !!!

Special thanks to my long time football SIM buddy fermor ... We started playing this game almost at the same time ... Do you remember the Wooster / Case Western Reserve rivalry coach ???
It was not a great one but it was our rivalry ... I appreciated every part of it !!!

-All my best wishes to ez ... What a great coach !!! I miss your little furry ones !!!
-kensei, probably the most underrated coach in the game ... You re a class act my friend ... Beware of the Irish !!!
-What about nortonis ... I started 0-10 ag. him but i was able to turn things around after ... What a tough coach to face !!! It was fun to face you every single season buddy ... You can say that you took the best of me !!!

By the way, i m ready to help young coaches so if you have questions go ahead i can use my knowledge to mentor if needed ... I leave the game but i still like it a lot !!!

Enough said ...

Wish you the very best to all, take care guys and God bless !!!

Harry ( roxy11 ), THE Ohio State University Former Head Coach
To my good friend Harry.

I will never forget the days at Case Western Reserve and you pounding my team into the ground. Most of the time but not all of time. LOL It was a great learning experience and I brought the learning experience all the way up to D-IA I will never forget you. I had a lot of fun and it will be sad to see you go.
Say hi to your family and enjoy life to the fullest buddy. ( I'll bet that you will be back in 6 months or so )

Fermor: Head Coach California

PS: Drop us a line once and a wile and let us know how you are doing.
7/28/2019 10:29 PM (edited)
Well done on your national title roxy, #1 in the toughest world. Its been a pleasure playing against you, one of the true good guys going around. You'll be missed mate.
7/29/2019 10:47 AM
Good stuff !
7/30/2019 10:33 AM
Mixed emotions ... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.