The Ugly and the Uglier ($100 million) [Need 1] Topic

I don't see this addressed anywhere, but I'll ask to make sure. A player just has to have ratings at a position, it doesn't have to be their primary position - correct?
10/15/2019 12:20 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/15/2019 12:20:00 PM (view original):
I don't see this addressed anywhere, but I'll ask to make sure. A player just has to have ratings at a position, it doesn't have to be their primary position - correct?
correct.
10/15/2019 10:03 PM
I'm feeling very good about my team. Someone is in for a world of hurt.
10/16/2019 11:41 AM
I'll play. I already created a roster, but now that I read through the posts, I feel compelled to mess around with it. There goes another few hours.
10/18/2019 10:39 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/16/2019 11:41:00 AM (view original):
I had forgotten how unpleasant it will be to manage my team. I hadn't looked at it for several weeks. I hope we get this off the ground.

The more I've thought about it though, I think we all should just be assigned a team randomly. I see no point in drafting them or assigning them. In order to do that, everyone has to load each of them into the draft center to see how they really look. There's no way a list of names and years is useful. Maybe if one person can put them all in one spreadsheet everyone can access, that could work perhaps.
10/19/2019 12:25 AM
Posted by redcped on 10/19/2019 12:25:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 10/16/2019 11:41:00 AM (view original):
I had forgotten how unpleasant it will be to manage my team. I hadn't looked at it for several weeks. I hope we get this off the ground.

The more I've thought about it though, I think we all should just be assigned a team randomly. I see no point in drafting them or assigning them. In order to do that, everyone has to load each of them into the draft center to see how they really look. There's no way a list of names and years is useful. Maybe if one person can put them all in one spreadsheet everyone can access, that could work perhaps.
that should be doable in something like Google Sheets.
10/19/2019 4:49 AM
I know I'm new to the conversation, but I would think that random assignment would expedient. Otherwise, I would offer that people should be able to assign a team to someone else, but not be allowed to select a team for themselves. If there is a team or two out there that are clearly better than the others, the first couple of slots in the draft would get a massive advantage just because they "won" a random draw.
10/19/2019 2:35 PM
Posted by CLWECW on 10/19/2019 2:35:00 PM (view original):
I know I'm new to the conversation, but I would think that random assignment would expedient. Otherwise, I would offer that people should be able to assign a team to someone else, but not be allowed to select a team for themselves. If there is a team or two out there that are clearly better than the others, the first couple of slots in the draft would get a massive advantage just because they "won" a random draw.
but how would random assignment be any different? If one or two teams are way better than the others, than someone will still "win" the random draw.
10/19/2019 2:52 PM
Posted by justinlee_24 on 10/19/2019 2:52:00 PM (view original):
but how would random assignment be any different? If one or two teams are way better than the others, than someone will still "win" the random draw.
There you go throwing logic into the argument.
10/19/2019 5:00 PM
Posted by justinlee_24 on 10/19/2019 2:52:00 PM (view original):
Exactly why there is no reason to go through the time consuming process of posting rosters and then drafting/assigning teams. Some will get lucky, some won't. Might as well do it quickly and randomly.
10/22/2019 3:34 PM
+1
10/22/2019 5:08 PM
After having "finished" my roster for about the 8th time, I think I have finally optimized my sub-optimization. We need to hurry up and fill this thing before the evil roster sucks me back in for another revision...or two...or three...
10/24/2019 10:32 PM
Well let's get this thing off the ground. I'll join my son's theme just to get it going.

Random assignment won't work unless you want to allow the possibility of having to manage your own created team which then gives you a set amount of points.
10/28/2019 9:32 AM
Posted by buddhagamer on 10/28/2019 9:34:00 AM (view original):
Well let's get this thing off the ground. I'll join my son's theme just to get it going.

Random assignment won't work unless you want to allow the possibility of having to manage your own created team which then gives you a set amount of points.
You could just keep randomizing until no one got their own team.
10/28/2019 11:48 AM
Posted by redcped on 10/28/2019 11:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by buddhagamer on 10/28/2019 9:34:00 AM (view original):

You could just keep randomizing until no one got their own team.
Since I would want some one not involved in the theme to randomize, this would be a big problem.

Schwarze created a table of assignments when he ran the original version, but that would not be random and therefore potentially favor some owners over others.
10/28/2019 12:59 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
The Ugly and the Uglier ($100 million) [Need 1] Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.