The Trump License to Kill Topic

he is a stable genius......you just dont understand his gifted intellect.
and his deep compassion.
he is a great unifier.
8/5/2019 12:38 PM
A centrist Democrat would be great. I think that's Pete Buttigieg but he doesn't seem to be inspiring many people in the way I thought was possible. The optimist in me hopes that the herd thins down to younger voices like Pete, Beto, Kamala, Booker, Gabbard and even Castro. The realist in me sees Sanders, Biden and Warren getting in the way of the youth of the party and most of the young names dropping by the wayside. In a dream world I'd like to see a Pete/Tulsi ticket or a Buttigieg/Biden ticket emerge but I'd also like to hit the Mega Millions or win Tigers season tickets.
8/5/2019 12:39 PM
youth is nice but neither a panacea or a priority.
the united states has some existential threats.
retaking sanity is the number one priority.
8/5/2019 12:42 PM
I can't argue with that. And I do agree that it just doesn't matter anymore. I still find it hard to fight fire with fire in reality (on these boards it's kinda fun though) and that's hard to let go of.
8/5/2019 12:46 PM
we need to save the country from itself.
it is not a civil war......it is a bi - polar country.
we have a bunch of deluded fools comprising an horrific voting bloc
and their legislators are cowards...sycophants and racists........and science deniers......and they wont stand up for the constitution or the rule of law or stand up to russian interference but they call themselves the patriots.
thats right... by actions ...silence and their own words.
8/5/2019 12:52 PM

You don't need to read the El Paso killer’s manifesto. Just turn on Fox News, especially at night..

8/5/2019 1:07 PM
or read a few people here like.......and.........and..........and............
and of course watch a trump rally or read his tweets........

8/5/2019 1:11 PM
8/5/2019 1:18 PM
im fine with saying God does not intervene.
whatever God is or if there is.
8/5/2019 1:20 PM
8/5/2019 2:21 PM
Posted by rsp777 on 8/5/2019 12:39:00 PM (view original):
A centrist Democrat would be great. I think that's Pete Buttigieg but he doesn't seem to be inspiring many people in the way I thought was possible. The optimist in me hopes that the herd thins down to younger voices like Pete, Beto, Kamala, Booker, Gabbard and even Castro. The realist in me sees Sanders, Biden and Warren getting in the way of the youth of the party and most of the young names dropping by the wayside. In a dream world I'd like to see a Pete/Tulsi ticket or a Buttigieg/Biden ticket emerge but I'd also like to hit the Mega Millions or win Tigers season tickets.
I very much agree with this. Although I don't consider Booker and Harris as "fresh faces". Neither have clean hands and BOTH have been politicians all their lives. That means they've spoken with forked tongue often and smoothly. It's how they got where they are. When you say "younger voices" I think fresh voices, new ideas, outside the box thinking, solutions not slogans...........that's my criteria.

Dems need to be careful. I SHOULD be their target vote. I won't vote Trump, but I won't automatically vote Dem. I'm like millions of voters who were unable to check the box for HRC. Many of them check Trump instead, but MANY also chose a 3rd party candidate. In a couple states those minority candidate votes cast MAY have helped elect Trump.

There ARE some Dem. candidates I can't/won't vote for. Booker, Harris, and Sanders are among them.
Also, some of the lesser ones, like Williamson, Senator Eyebrows, Delaney (without Bonnie), Yang, etc.
Even Klobuchar. Can't or won't vote for squinty Amy.

I'm NOT afraid of new ideas,but I won't buy into nonsense. Warren comes close to nonsense with all her handouts. SHOW ME THE MONEY!! I wanna know HOW all that is actually paid for!! That doesn't leave many candidates for me now, does it?

Biden, Gabbard, Mayor Pete, with a few HUGE maybes that I'm skeptical of (Warren, Beto, Senator Blondie)
Of course there is this Steyer guy. He's fresh. Gotta discern whether or not IF he's a nutjob.
And I'll remind you, I'm NOT very tolerable on Biden. He would HAVE to make an excellent VP pick or show me something I haven't seen any of yet----guts and energy!
8/5/2019 2:39 PM
if you dont vote against trump by voting for the dem nominee you are voting for trump.
you can vote for whoever you want....thats very very clearly your right...... to but it has consequences.
one has to decide which point is the most important.
8/5/2019 2:44 PM
Very true. But I only get one vote. I ALWAYS vote my conscience. With a VERY close eye on my State's electoral votes. When not in play I consider myself free to vote however I choose, even to make a statement. Like I tried to do with several Libertarian candidate votes for POTUS.
Those votes did no good, of course, but my state (electorally) was clearly decided so I could feel free.

In 2016 it wasn't so easy. The dang polls here in AZ actually showed HRC within the margin of error within the last 2 weeks. I don't know what happened because she lost soundly. But, I was back and forth, back and forth for a good while between Gary Johnson and whether I needed to hold my nose and vote HRC.

BUT, my point (about MY vote) is that there are millions like me who don't like Trump much and would jump at the chance to vote for a decent Dem. but that will NOT vote for someone they perceive as "goofy" or scary (like a communist, or a Rastafarian!) Well, some of us MIGHT vote for the right Rastafarian! :-)
8/5/2019 3:00 PM
i get it but you also only get one vote to stop trump.
what about that conscience.
8/5/2019 3:02 PM
It's a big one Dino!! I'd make a joke about other methods to stop Trump but today is definitely NOT the day for jokes such as those.

So, INSTEAD I'll tell you a true story.
It happened very recently, at a Trump Campaign rally.

Trump is droning on about the 1000's and 1000's of immigrants "swarming our border", referring to it as an "invasion" of course, and complaining about OUR laws and how there was No way to stop this "invasion"........... suddenly someone from the crowd interrupts and shouts out "Shoot them".--------- Trump kinda laughs/chuckles and then goes on with his attack on the immigrants (READ Brown people!).

TRUE STORY. Like TRUE DETECTIVE Magazine.
One of his admirers, another rat pied by the piper of hate and stupidity took up the cause for his master and put the idea in action.
Drove halfway across the state of Texas to shoot up a bunch of "Meskins", unarmed women and children Mexicans! But he got him some "Meskin trophys".
Gun totin' right wing Texans should feel real proud today.
So should OUR POTUS!
Wonder if he's called Putin yet to ask what to do NOW!??
8/5/2019 3:21 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...10 Next ▸
The Trump License to Kill Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.