The Trump License to Kill Topic

Posted by dahsdebater on 8/6/2019 1:02:00 AM (view original):
Tell me what that I just said is wrong.

Of course you can't. You're having an emotional reaction to the fact that I want to prioritize issues differently than you do. You have no factual arguments whatsoever.
i think you are some kind of literal nut.
with no normal human emotions.
or understanding about assault weapons that are not even wanted by nra members
or white supremacy
and the need to stop each and the mixture because it HAS gotten worse.

your literal bs is really boring..

anybody disagree with me ?
8/6/2019 10:01 AM
Posted by dino27 on 8/6/2019 10:01:00 AM (view original):

Of course you can't. You're having an emotional reaction to the fact that I want to prioritize issues differently than you do. You have no factual arguments whatsoever.
or white supremacy

I think dahs is a very thoughtful, intelligent individual.

I disagree with you, respectfully.
8/6/2019 10:08 AM
it is a waste of intelligence.
what is the good of a head without a heart.
he is like a robot.
tin man.

intellectualizing widening mass murder.
that is not thoughtful from where i live.
8/6/2019 10:11 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 8/6/2019 12:44:00 AM (view original):
Every time we have a multiple shooting we have to deal with this absurd period of the political cycle being dominated by what frankly remains a very minor issue. Don't get me wrong, I've never been opposed to some basic gun control, starting with a reasonable assault weapons ban. But it's not the kind of priority that people try to make it. This is probably the most egregious example right now of the media controlling political priorities and pushing them away from more significant problems.

The reality is that mass murders are still only a small fraction of homicides in the United States. And murders lag comfortably behind auto accidents and suicides among causes of death - to say nothing of heart attack, stroke, and cancer. Similarly, how many people do you think died in school shootings in the past year? I'll give you a hint - you can count them on one hand. How much money has been spent nationally protesting against school violence, defending against it, etc. Close to 3000 school-age and younger children die each year in auto accidents. 350 drown. What do you think is a better allocation of resources - a few million for an informational campaign on the risk of drowning in backyard pools, or billions nationwide to combat school shootings? A 1% drop in drownings would have saved more lives this year than a 75% reduction in school shootings. A 1% drop in drunk driving - about 500 minor fatalities per year IIRC - would blow away stopping all the school shootings.

It's not that it's not a tragedy. I'm not trying to argue that. I am trying to argue that the media presentation of mass murders and school shootings clouds the relative significance of such events as a real threat to the American people. There is much lower-hanging fruit if we want to save some lives.
I completely agree dahs... At the same time, I don't necessarily see a tradeoff between those policies. And Republicans have been blocking other gun reform to stop suicides, such as Red Flag laws.
8/6/2019 10:14 AM
Posted by all3 on 8/6/2019 9:53:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 8/6/2019 12:52:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dino27 on 8/6/2019 12:48:00 AM (view original):

i am biting my tongue...but
you are one heartless sob.

mass murders in this country with these guns getting more and more frequent is a true threat to quality of life everywhere.

i dont get your shtick but it aint cool.
This is patently false. The only threat to quality of life is the perceived threat of violence, driven by media coverage.

The reality is that homicide rates are lower in the past 5 years than they have been since the early '60s.
Poor dahs. Haven't you learned that dino has no use or desire for actual facts and truths? He doesn't let silly things like those get in the way of his irrational, hate-filled rantings. Spreading hate, divisiveness and paranoia is his answer to everything. Well, that and giving "free" stuff to everybody.

Much as I'm sure he ignores the fact that the detention centers were built by a Democrat, I'm sure he also ignores how many Democrats have been in office and had a chance to do something about gun control laws. Why didn't they do something? Because they're no better or worse than the Repubs? Doesn't matter at all to dino - he just wants to keep sprewing garbage and hate. "Interesting" theory on how to unite people, isn't it?
Not true buckaroo
8/6/2019 10:15 AM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 8/6/2019 10:08:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dino27 on 8/6/2019 10:01:00 AM (view original):

or white supremacy

I think dahs is a very thoughtful, intelligent individual.

I disagree with you, respectfully.
I also disagree with dino. Dahs has reasonable ideas, and on this issue he is 100% correct
8/6/2019 10:16 AM
Posted by dino27 on 8/6/2019 10:12:00 AM (view original):
he is like a robot.
tin man.

Perhaps? I suggest that a world where everyone thought, acted and yearned for the same things would be the darkest distopia imaginable. We need civil discourse, not the shutting down of opposing viewpoints.
8/6/2019 10:17 AM
republicans who know down deep how dangerous they are always try to say that the dems are just as bad.
8/6/2019 10:17 AM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 8/6/2019 10:17:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dino27 on 8/6/2019 10:12:00 AM (view original):
he is like a robot.
tin man.

Perhaps? I suggest that a world where everyone thought, acted and yearned for the same things would be the darkest distopia imaginable. We need civil discourse, not the shutting down of opposing viewpoints.
yes...im extreme.
i draw a line at intellectualizing mass political murders.
it offends me in my soul.
i get really upset when i hear such sterilizing talk......it makes me sick.

if it was my thread i would never redline him.
but where he is coming from makes me nauseous.
8/6/2019 10:21 AM
Posted by dino27 on 8/6/2019 10:17:00 AM (view original):
republicans who know down deep how dangerous they are always try to say that the dems are just as bad.
dino, my friend...both sides are dangerous...bordering on the point of being destructive...nowadays.
8/6/2019 10:21 AM
i consider you a friend as well
but i vehemently disagree.
i mean just look at all of the major challenges
in the world.
no, there are not "fine people on both sides " or equal danger from both sides.
there is no equal among the dems to white nationalsm that drives the republican core.
thats a fact mac.
8/6/2019 10:25 AM
Posted by dino27 on 8/6/2019 10:26:00 AM (view original):
i consider you a friend as well
but i vehemently disagree.
i mean just look at all of the major challenges
in the world.
no, there are not "fine people on both sides " or equal danger from both sides.
there is no equal among the dems to white nationalsm that drives the republican core.
thats a fact mac.
First line - good deal. Sorry for being silent over that last couple of months. Had some health issues to tackle.

We'll vehemently disagree, then. Both sides are espousing (I believe intentionally in a bid for absolute power) an irrational utopianism and demanding perfection. There is no such thing as perfection. It doesn't exist in nature and is a man-made construct. There will never be a world where everybody sings Kumbaya and holds hands. There will always be a world full of prejudice, hate, fear, jealousy, murder, greed, and dozens of conditions more.

You can't codify human nature. You can codify authoritarianism.
8/6/2019 10:41 AM
i greatly hope you are doing better.
i feel like i am dying in varying degrees every day.
feel very sick daily.
8/6/2019 10:54 AM
Posted by dino27 on 8/6/2019 10:54:00 AM (view original):
i greatly hope you are doing better.
i feel like i am dying in varying degrees every day.
feel very sick daily.
Not better but stable. I was not given my fair share of bodily health. How unjust and inequitable is that!

8/6/2019 11:29 AM
Welcome to Tuesday...
8/6/2019 11:30 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...10 Next ▸
The Trump License to Kill Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.