Round 1 Owner Polls, 2019 Topic

I was looking for one thing in the rosters - would the hitters in my league in the variable cap send me into fatigue death spiral? And I think they won't - lots more AVG than K or BB, and that keeps pitch counts down. It will still be close, but more confident now that I'll survive it.
8/13/2019 7:39 AM
The team I was most worried about (70M) is my best by a lot. The team I was most confident in (110M) is my 4th best and fighting for a wild card.

Shows how little I knew.
9/28/2019 2:25 PM
I was half right.

The team I was most confident in, my 90M team.... Best record in all 90M leagues.
The team I am most worried about, my 70M team... Fourth best record in all 70M leagues.
9/28/2019 3:20 PM
My least favorite team was $110M, which has the best record of all my teams.

I liked my $70M team, and they're doing well, but are having to deal with schwarze and wink's teams. We are tied for the WC, and my only team not at least tied for 1st place...
9/28/2019 3:42 PM
I was dead wrong on both. I voted Variable as my best team and it's my second worse. I voted $70M as my worst and it's my best.
9/28/2019 4:00 PM
I thought 130 would be one of my worst..I hated that team, i lost my original version and had to remake it in 45 mins on the day teams were due in...

its 86-51 1 game behind the best record for that theme...which pretty much proves that I like certain people with weather themed names...know nothing
9/28/2019 4:59 PM
I was wrong about my variable cap team being my best (it's my 4th best) but I was right about my $120M team being my worst (it's my only team below .500).
9/30/2019 11:05 AM
I thought my 110 mil team would be the best and it is now my worst following a 14-30 stretch after starting 58-40.

I thought my 90 mil team would be worst and it's second best at 81-61 but I still feel like that's mostly smoke and mirrors.
9/30/2019 12:58 PM
73 people voted in the poll around whether they will make Round 2 or not. Here are the results:

15 people said they would definitely make it. Only 9 actually made it.
  • Ones who made it: jmissirlis, schwarze, wink0094, ozomatli, jbohrman, dougpalm, justinlee_24, brianjw, redcped.
  • Ones who didn't make it: sford, mildnhazy, vilefileman, rbow923, CLWECW, buddhagamer
16 people said they had a 50/50 shot. Only 5 of them made it. Ironically, 2 of them still have basically a 50/50 shot.
  • Ones who made it: Jtpsops, redwingscup, jfranco77, mensu1954, NebHusker
  • Ones who didn't make it: crystalao, Jdh34, cubbies84, donalddjtrump, gwhouse, ejstockman, mllama54, skinndogg, clayolson1
  • Ones who could still make it: skunk206, barracuda3
30 people said they'd only make it if they got lucky. Ironically, ledfoot is in this category, and he got very unlucky (tiebreaker rules). A few others were very close.
  • Ones who made it: BigScungil, odalisgagne, daddyzander, contrarian23
  • Ones who could still make it: I believe a few fall into this category. I'll amend this post if necessary
12 people were surprised Round 2 existed. None of them made it, but dahsdebater came pretty close! Ironically, jrnyfan01 fell into this category but I think his problem was that he didn't know there was a tournament at all.
10/15/2019 2:29 AM
It's all about the power of positive thinking.

(and luck)
10/15/2019 1:44 PM
I was pretty confident in my variable cap team & it ended up being pretty bad... I think it was probably mostly due to poor defense... My pitching staff was better on paper than several Cardinals teams that outperformed mine.. My Bob Gibson sucked. I also underestimated the value of BBs on offense.... I'm still not convinced that that team was as bad as their record... I was least confident in the theme with 2 players over $9M (I knew I didn't have enough extra base hits)... and they were my 5th best team.
10/16/2019 12:09 AM (edited)
Posted by milest on 10/16/2019 12:09:00 AM (view original):
I was pretty confident in my variable cap team & it ended up being pretty bad... I think it was probably mostly due to poor defense... My pitching staff was better on paper than several Cardinals teams that outperformed mine.. My Bob Gibson sucked. I also underestimated the value of BBs on offense.... I'm still not convinced that that team was as bad as their record... I was least confident in the theme with 2 players over $9M (I knew I didn't have enough extra base hits)... and they were my 5th best team.
I also thought my variable cap team was good. And their pitching was... not. We were 7th in runs but 14th in runs allowed. We still finished 2nd in the league in + plays but just gave up a ton of steals (who knew people would run in a high cap league?) and had 30 passed balls. Still had a pythag of .537 but only finished .500. We were 5th in AVG but 18th in SLG. I guess you can't just hit singles forever.

And my team that I picked to be worst (70m) won 89 games!
10/16/2019 8:19 AM
◂ Prev 123
Round 1 Owner Polls, 2019 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.