Best/worst formations Topic

ND Box...all day , everyday. You can run the hell out of the ball with two tight ends blocking and you can pass with the right group of players. You have to do a lot of mix and matching with this formation however...but its a blast!
8/14/2019 7:12 AM
Also prefer 3-4 D but I have been trying out other formations as well lately. 4-4 and dime seem to work well together
8/14/2019 7:14 AM
Straight Nickel on D now. Trying it out . I used to be straight 3-4 or 3-4 + Nickel. Curious if I can take an NC with only Nickel ?
I also have done the ND thing and I found it a blast also. But I picked up some teams and none were ND and I didn't have patience to practice it for couple seasons and not use it.
8/14/2019 10:33 AM
Posted by raginirish on 8/14/2019 7:12:00 AM (view original):
ND Box...all day , everyday. You can run the hell out of the ball with two tight ends blocking and you can pass with the right group of players. You have to do a lot of mix and matching with this formation however...but its a blast!
I have also enjoyed NDB, I like using two TE's. I may try a team using it with "I formation". I've never not used Trips
8/14/2019 10:45 PM
Recent NC’s with Pro-Set/Trips and close....soooooooo close with Wishbone at D3 and D2 but certain people keep getting in my way......lol...

I am determined to Crack that nut....lol...
8/17/2019 7:52 PM
Posted by holdaway on 8/17/2019 7:52:00 PM (view original):
Recent NC’s with Pro-Set/Trips and close....soooooooo close with Wishbone at D3 and D2 but certain people keep getting in my way......lol...

Funny how WIS doesn't have a system that requires coaches to move up to at least DII, instead of giving new coaches little to no chance of making a playoff run against teams with over 100 DIII (beginner mode) NC's....
I have tried to recruit people to GD but most are discouraged from staying with it.
8/17/2019 10:22 PM
Posted by nlewis_02 on 8/17/2019 10:22:00 PM (view original):

Funny how WIS doesn't have a system that requires coaches to move up to at least DII, instead of giving new coaches little to no chance of making a playoff run against teams with over 100 DIII (beginner mode) NC's....
I have tried to recruit people to GD but most are discouraged from staying with it.
There is only one 100+ NC coach period. He has teams in every world and has been playing a very, very long time. He has over 12000 games.

D3 is the starting point for all but moving up is not a requirement. Many coaches, myself included do not find the highest level of the game enjoyable. I play the levels I find enjoyable and that fit my time commitment levels. I consider this “the game” I like to play. I have played at every level. More successful at some certainly than others.

As for new coaches making a playoff run, it is possible, but you must have the highest vision(aka a team with multiple seasons of success) I believe to make a “long” run. Thus, the name is Gridiron Dynasty. Dynasty is not a term typically associated with one and done imho.

Funny how WIS made a game that has a learning curve and no cheat codes. I’m not sure how it has survived.
12/16/2019 9:42 PM
monkeys
12/16/2019 9:50 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 12/16/2019 9:50:00 PM (view original):
monkeys
sloths
12/17/2019 1:10 AM
12/17/2019 6:37 AM
Posted by holdaway on 12/16/2019 9:42:00 PM (view original):

There is only one 100+ NC coach period. He has teams in every world and has been playing a very, very long time. He has over 12000 games.

D3 is the starting point for all but moving up is not a requirement. Many coaches, myself included do not find the highest level of the game enjoyable. I play the levels I find enjoyable and that fit my time commitment levels. I consider this “the game” I like to play. I have played at every level. More successful at some certainly than others.

As for new coaches making a playoff run, it is possible, but you must have the highest vision(aka a team with multiple seasons of success) I believe to make a “long” run. Thus, the name is Gridiron Dynasty. Dynasty is not a term typically associated with one and done imho.

Funny how WIS made a game that has a learning curve and no cheat codes. I’m not sure how it has survived.
I agree with this. Furthermore... those dominant D3 coaches CAN be beaten with a little persistence. If you think you can overcome these types of programs after 3 seasons with a rebuild you are sorely mistaken.
12/17/2019 12:06 PM
What if your brother is J.Conte ? Maybe your name is Monte Conte and you have special access to the AI. You could probably win in your intitial season with a previously AI coached team ?
And tell me the panda in the rear in the picture above is just giving the other one a massage ?
12/17/2019 12:42 PM
that's Monte Conte with Mandy Pandy at the The Gentle Jungle getting a lap dance

about to get bounced

left his wallet at home

no cash no gash as they say
12/17/2019 1:57 PM
Posted by smackdown54 on 12/17/2019 12:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by holdaway on 12/16/2019 9:42:00 PM (view original):

I agree with this. Furthermore... those dominant D3 coaches CAN be beaten with a little persistence. If you think you can overcome these types of programs after 3 seasons with a rebuild you are sorely mistaken.
I wouldn't expect to turn a team into a NC contender within my first 7-8 seasons at a school. I get that vision needs to be gained, which is why I've been at Albany for 15 seasons.
I'm still learning the game and playing with settings/formations to see what works.
I can't seem to do anything defencively against real coaches, and it take 3-4 seasons to get formation IQ up to high enough a level that you can judge it's effectiveness against any particular offence.
It's still fun though, I like a challenge...
12/18/2019 7:38 AM
Posted by bagchucker on 12/17/2019 1:59:00 PM (view original):
that's Monte Conte with Mandy Pandy at the The Gentle Jungle getting a lap dance

about to get bounced

left his wallet at home

no cash no gash as they say
Bag, you are a dirty old man - like me :) .
So with that in mind , I am "begging" you to listen to this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSERIIOEgK0
12/18/2019 12:38 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Best/worst formations Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.