CubCub's HD Spreadsheet v1.1 Topic

It is definitely hit and miss .. both my teams are working today.
3/7/2022 7:06 PM
is this any better for you guys or still bugging out fairly often?
3/21/2022 11:35 AM
Just seeing this for the first time. I feel like this is cheating. But I need to get an understanding of this soon.
3/21/2022 12:29 PM
gillispie, I haven't had any problems in the past week or so. I think the issues only lasted a few days, thankfully.
3/21/2022 2:03 PM
Posted by Fregoe on 3/21/2022 12:29:00 PM (view original):
Just seeing this for the first time. I feel like this is cheating. But I need to get an understanding of this soon.
It's an incredibly helpful tool. Especially when you're taking over a new team or reviewing someone else's team. I've used it a lot when helping others review their lineups, distro, etc. It doesn't tell you everything and it does have limitations in some regards (I don't know how accurate the defense is for zone, 8-9 man lineups aren't able to get win% and offensive/defensive matchups, every team needs to be running pg1/pg2/sg1/sg2/etc., small stuff like that) but, even with that being said, it's a seriously beneficial tool.

I was trying to help a coach a few months back who couldn't get into it because they coach from their phone which is another fair critique but like.. it provides SO much information in a neat and orderly fashion. I told them it's still absolutely worth getting Google Sheets or whatever since you're spending just as much time/frustration opening up all of the tabs and stuff on a normal team gameplan. It really only takes 2-5 minutes to set up and you just get a lot of information lined up nicely.
3/21/2022 4:14 PM
You can get info off 8-9 man lineups. Just copy and paste the player who is a 1 or 2 at multiple spots into the vacant rows underneath the team averages. So if the player is the SG2 and SF2, you would use SG2 in the usual spot and then c/p in the vacant row with SF2.
3/21/2022 11:06 PM
Posted by ja_tbfl on 3/21/2022 11:06:00 PM (view original):
You can get info off 8-9 man lineups. Just copy and paste the player who is a 1 or 2 at multiple spots into the vacant rows underneath the team averages. So if the player is the SG2 and SF2, you would use SG2 in the usual spot and then c/p in the vacant row with SF2.
Yup. I’ve done that in the past when I used it more for gameplanning. It’s helpful.
3/22/2022 8:37 AM
Posted by Fregoe on 3/21/2022 12:29:00 PM (view original):
it is not cheating .. YOU need to adjust the 'Ranking Factors' page to what you feel is important.

It provides the same kind of information that player rating's provide, and a way to look at the data differently. But all of the data available is available from screens in the main game .. it just collates it and makes it easier to look at.

Things like the recommended plus or minus setting are based on a chart that looks at % 3 point shots taken and % points scored by bigs vs guards. It is all things you would check .. and the actual percentages (what leads to a plus one or plus two, etc) is totally configurable by you on the 'Ratings Factor Sheet .. in this case, the Defensive Positioning table.)
3/22/2022 9:39 AM
And, I have been having no issues with connectivity over the last week or so, it seems they fixed whatever the issue was.
3/22/2022 9:42 AM
Posted by hughesjr on 3/22/2022 9:42:00 AM (view original):
And, I have been having no issues with connectivity over the last week or so, it seems they fixed whatever the issue was.
It's funny you say that, since I had no connectivity issues UNTIL the time you posted that, now I can't get teams to load... odd.
3/22/2022 10:50 AM
It's down again this morning. Not sure what is wrong with WIS. This never used to happen.

Also I have no idea how to setup an accurate defensive picture for zone but I'm going to work on it.
3/22/2022 12:54 PM
I switched up the zone formulas when I first started using the spreadsheet years ago. It really bugged me that the entire team was averaged together instead of using the actual averages (PG-SG-SF, PF-C in 3-2 and PG-SG, SF-PF, C in 2-3).

Overall I've gotten so much use out of this spreadsheet. It's now over 10 tabs for each team after all of the things that have been added over time.

Thanks to hughes and cubcub for all your work putting this together!
3/22/2022 3:12 PM
Yep .. I had issues again this morning // my issues were in Allen and it happened just after rollover.

Maybe it has something to do with web page caching from a proxy server. I did not try to log any forwards that happen, but it is common practice for websites to cache active pages for period of time to reduce load. At roll over they would need to regenerate all those cached pages.

Also, I am not sure how well goggle sheets (or excel for that matter) will do auto forwarding .. and things are auto-forwarded from http to https. Maybe the process is different on rollover day.

Everything SEEMS to be working now for me again.
3/22/2022 3:55 PM
Posted by mlitney on 3/22/2022 3:12:00 PM (view original):
I switched up the zone formulas when I first started using the spreadsheet years ago. It really bugged me that the entire team was averaged together instead of using the actual averages (PG-SG-SF, PF-C in 3-2 and PG-SG, SF-PF, C in 2-3).

Overall I've gotten so much use out of this spreadsheet. It's now over 10 tabs for each team after all of the things that have been added over time.

I should probably do better zone equations .. for what it is worth, for the + / - rating .. I just take the man (normal rating) and -2 if I am playing 3-2 .. or +2 if I am playing 2-3.

So, if it recommended a +1 and I am going to play 3-2, I would instead play 3-2, -1. If I was playing 2-3 and the recommendation is +1, I would play 2-3, +3.

Until recently, I never really played as a zone team.
3/22/2022 4:00 PM
Posted by mlitney on 3/22/2022 3:12:00 PM (view original):

the entire team is averaged together, the 'actual averages' you are talking about are the sets of players who share the same defensive ability equation
3/22/2022 4:02 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
CubCub's HD Spreadsheet v1.1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.