CubCub's HD Spreadsheet v1.1 Topic

Posted by franklynne on 8/16/2019 11:23:00 AM (view original):
hey cubcub113..i'm not knocking your work..it's fantastic..i'm just saying i like the fantasy of recruiting my "fake" ball players without spreadsheets..i will play with yours when\if i have time
Hey I sometimes think the game is real myself. Then I realize it isn't.

But yes I get that for sure haha
8/16/2019 10:10 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know, when coaching against cubcub while at Purdue, I beat him twice (over 6 seasons at 2-3 games a season depending on if we met in the CT), and won a (one) recruit in a battle with him once (just one time)---------------------without said spreadsheet. I think this might be my greatest HD accomplishment!

Seriously though cub, incredible work and dedication. Next level shiznit.
8/17/2019 9:25 PM
Posted by snafu4u on 8/17/2019 9:25:00 PM (view original):
I just wanted to let everyone know, when coaching against cubcub while at Purdue, I beat him twice (over 6 seasons at 2-3 games a season depending on if we met in the CT), and won a (one) recruit in a battle with him once (just one time)---------------------without said spreadsheet. I think this might be my greatest HD accomplishment!

Seriously though cub, incredible work and dedication. Next level shiznit.
For anyone interested, Snafu's Purdue team on the road was my only loss during my 34-1 season... giving me something new to strive for
8/20/2019 7:26 PM
So if I understand the spreadsheet correctly, the IQ ratings have a small effect on BH and Reb and no effect on Defense and very little on Offense with the exception of the small impact on BH? The defensive IQ effects rebounding and nothing else? This seems very counter intuitive. Am I missing something? Great spreadsheet and appreciate all the work involved.
8/23/2019 8:40 AM
Posted by willibphx on 8/23/2019 8:40:00 AM (view original):
So if I understand the spreadsheet correctly, the IQ ratings have a small effect on BH and Reb and no effect on Defense and very little on Offense with the exception of the small impact on BH? The defensive IQ effects rebounding and nothing else? This seems very counter intuitive. Am I missing something? Great spreadsheet and appreciate all the work involved.
IQ is a multiplier, not involved in the raw formula very much. It is incredibly important.
8/23/2019 10:20 AM
Posted by cubcub113 on 8/23/2019 10:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by willibphx on 8/23/2019 8:40:00 AM (view original):
IQ is a multiplier, not involved in the raw formula very much. It is incredibly important.
Where does it come into the formula for rating the player as I am missing it somewhere? Never mind found it.

Thanks
8/23/2019 2:24 PM
Very interesting work. It is a bit more work to game plan than I'm used to, but I'll definitely plug in the numbers a few times.

I have my own spreadsheets I've been using to rank my own players, came up with a few efficiency algorithms - its fun to do. Mine just help state the obvious as to who my best players are. Sometimes I'm surprised though.
8/24/2019 9:02 PM
Question for those who have used this. I am running into an issue once making a copy of the sheet. When I input my team ID, nothing loads. When I input an opponents ID, a different team that in not theirs loads. Anyone had this issue? This sheet doesn't just work for certain worlds right? Thanks.
4/13/2020 11:27 AM
Posted by jcee1281 on 4/13/2020 11:27:00 AM (view original):
Question for those who have used this. I am running into an issue once making a copy of the sheet. When I input my team ID, nothing loads. When I input an opponents ID, a different team that in not theirs loads. Anyone had this issue? This sheet doesn't just work for certain worlds right? Thanks.
Fixed. If your TeamID is 5 digits long you need to input all 5 digits. My fault.
4/13/2020 12:50 PM
Can you explain how to use column AF again? What do the red numbers in parenthesis mean? How to interrupt the other teams column AF? I think this is awesome by the way! Thanks!
4/15/2020 2:38 PM
Posted by bjones2 on 4/15/2020 2:38:00 PM (view original):
Can you explain how to use column AF again? What do the red numbers in parenthesis mean? How to interrupt the other teams column AF? I think this is awesome by the way! Thanks!
Red number in parentheses means negative. AF is the matchup rating, so basically how well the player will do against the defense.
4/15/2020 3:23 PM
I remember seeing this awhile back, but I'm going to check it out now that I have some extra time on my hands. Thanks a ton for your time and effort to create this (plus sharing it with the community). Cubcub, you are truly a hero, sir.
4/15/2020 4:25 PM
Update after using this sheet for a while on it's usefulness-limitations:

Player Evaluation:
For new players, this is helpful, especially for those who are really relying on "player role" style ratings. It's a much more advanced version than that. But I 95% eyeball players now. And my eyeballs are generally more accurate than these.

Stats:
Most stats are almost totally useless from a practical perspective, but efg% is nice to see I guess.

Gameplanning:

Soooo useful. Especially in the NT. Very much recommend.
11/29/2020 11:15 PM
That looks to be based off my my sheets {not that I mind at all .. I do not :) }

I have what I consider a better recruiting sheet in excel only .. it needs to be excel to automatically use the colors for recruiting.

Here is the folder that has instructions for the recruiting sheet AND copies of the recruiting xlsm (named Recruiting_hd3.0.xlsm) and also the original sheet for teams as well(named HD3-Team-Worksheet-001):

Sheets and Docs

I have not looked at your sheet in detail, so I don't know everything that might be changed/better. I work as a software engineer for an Open Source Project, so anything i post there is usable by anyone for any reason (including as the basis for a better sheet).

Note, the xlsm file is completely stand alone .. i even run it on a different computer then the others (i only have one Windows machine for gaming . all my other machines are CentOS .. the opensource OS project I work for).
11/30/2020 11:12 AM (edited)
Posted by hughesjr on 11/30/2020 11:12:00 AM (view original):
That looks to be based off my my sheets {not that I mind at all .. I do not :) }

I have what I consider a better recruiting sheet in excel only .. it needs to be excel to automatically use the colors for recruiting.

Here is the folder that has instructions for the recruiting sheet AND copies of the recruiting xlsm (named Recruiting_hd3.0.xlsm) and also the original sheet for teams as well(named HD3-Team-Worksheet-001):

Sheets and Docs

I have not looked at your sheet in detail, so I don't know everything that might be changed/better. I work as a software engineer for an Open Source Project, so anything i post there is usable by anyone for any reason (including as the basis for a better sheet).

Note, the xlsm file is completely stand alone .. i even run it on a different computer then the others (i only have one Windows machine for gaming . all my other machines are CentOS .. the opensource OS project I work for).
Yup, this is 100% based on your sheet logistically, the formulas are the new part.
11/30/2020 6:55 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...9 Next ▸
CubCub's HD Spreadsheet v1.1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.