Game planning question... Topic

Let’s say I’m in my first season with a D3 school but I went undefeated against my SimAI conference foes... and now I’m in the playoffs against a team that’s going to mop the floor with me.

I run ProSet and IForm. They run 4-3 and Nickel. Meaning they’ll likely be spending most of the game in 4-3.

Should I consider throwing to me TE and/or RB and **** ton to take advantage of a TE on LB matchup?

I have one really good WR and 3 really solid RBs. My QB is as mediocre as they come.
8/15/2019 7:12 PM
IMO if your QB is mediocre at best, and your RBs are solid, you should just mostly run the ball in the first half, with an occasional medium depth pass to your best receiver. The running game will eat up clock and reduce the INTs.

Then evaluate what happened in the first half, and adjust the game plan. You probably don't have much of a chance to win the game, but the running game might at least keep the score respectable in the first half. Then if you're still in the game, throw caution to the wind in the 2nd half.
8/15/2019 7:23 PM
Thanks. I’m pretty confident I have no shot. So I agree that shortening the game might be the best route.
8/15/2019 7:34 PM
Haha. I'm down 7-3 at the half. I have 98 yards of total offense. I have 3 first downs. I have 2 out of 8 drives that weren't 3 and outs.

But I'm in it. Time to turn Mediocre Matty Ice into Gun Slinging Brett Favre.
8/16/2019 9:38 AM
Opening play of 2nd half.... my stud RB goes 70+ yards to put the underdogs up 10-7.

I was then outscored 14-0 to lose by 11. Nice first season. Thanks for everyone's help.
8/16/2019 6:01 PM
Good job, missouridawg. Keep building the program. One more season with more than 10 wins, and you should start seeing better players to recruit.
8/16/2019 6:12 PM
Game planning question... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.