10:00am: Mr_Cubbie – "Comedian or Masked Horror Man" Mike Myers
10:30am: vilefileman – Wade “The Chicken Man” Boggs
11:00am: ledfoot – Jed Lowrie
11:30am: patco_1981 – Chris Sale
12:00pm: mpitt76 – Adrian Gonzalez
12:30pm: shysters3 – Dennis "Oil Can" Boyd
1:00pm: ff09 – Bobby Bolin
1:30pm: sjh0825 – Rich Rowland
2:00pm: Bradsher – Ryan Brasier (pronounced BRAY-zhur)
2:30pm: pick1or2 – "The Rocket" Roger Clemens au Naturel
3:00pm: jvt87 – Jeff Frye (also pronounced BRAY-zhur)
3:30pm: hoopsrus – Alan (Don’t Call me Brasier) Embree
4:00pm: specsman – Don Lock
4:30pm: DarthDurron – Tony Rodriguez
5:00pm: Rattlers – Carlton Fisk
5:30pm: Boddicker – Steve Lyons
6:00pm: Chisock – Drew Sutton
6:30pm: SteveIzzy – Jonathan Papelbon
7:00pm: ronsouth1 – Jacoby Ellsbury
7:30pm: szczubelek – Phil Plantier

League number:
MLB125790
9/12/2019 8:42 AM (edited)
Reminder to please double and triple check your rosters for combined seasons. We've already had a few come through :)

Unfortunately, in one case the player in question has no eligible seasons with that franchise. Under the circumstances, I feel we have no choice but to allow a replacement selection. FYI that it is a scub player and season that was used.
9/11/2019 5:20 PM
Unfortunately, we now have a situation where a team selected multiple players with combined seasons. By not allowing new selections, the team will be significantly short on ABs.

As a result, the team is unlikely to be competitive as currently constructed. If I allow an exception in this case, I feel like it has to be allowed for others.

This is part of the reason why I initially wanted to allow combined seasons. Nevertheless, this is the situation and I feel like it's a decision that should be made by the group.

I will be creating a poll, and ask everyone to respond by noon tomorrow. Majority rules.
9/11/2019 6:20 PM
Allow teams to replace players with combined seasons?

If this allowed, I rely on everyone's honor and integrity to not abuse this exception.
Votes: 19
(Last vote received: 9/13/2019 10:55 AM)
9/11/2019 6:22 PM
I may have screwed myself with the combined year rule as well. I will build the roster legally with what I have and then make my 25th selection based on what's left. Ron and Sczubelek feel free to pick ahead of me.
9/11/2019 6:36 PM
I'd like more information before voting. What is meant by "multiple players?"

One of the strengths last season was that almost every team was competitive, and I'd like to repeat that. If necessary, I could support allowing someone to replace more than one scrub.

But there was much discussion and many reminders of the allowable seasons. Indeed, one player was thrown off a team during the draft. Given that, I'm not sure we should allow any significant roster overhauls.
9/11/2019 7:03 PM
I am the moron who missed the "combined seasons" requirement. I originally drafted 4 guys with combined seasons, Mark Teixeira (Angels), Charles Johnson (White Sox), Darnell Coles (Pirates) and Mike Adams (Rangers). I switched Coles to a completely different season. I used only the partial season for Adams. Both changes resulted in reductions in player usage; fewer at bats for Coles and fewer Innings Pitched for Adams.

However, Johnson and Teixeira had only one season with their respective teams. If I use only their partial seasons, I will have only 5410 Plate Appearances. In a DH league, that's far too few at bats to be competitive. I would like to select different players from the Angels and White Sox to replace Teixeira and Johnson. Needless to say, they would be players who went undrafted.

For what it's worth, I am using the seasons with the most at bats for the subs that I drafted, so I couldn't gain anything by upgrading any of them.

Those are the details of the issue on which I have made my request and for which the Commish has created the above poll.
9/11/2019 7:21 PM
The Twins select from the Red Sox
Jacoby Ellsbury OF
9/11/2019 7:23 PM
i understand the problem i ran across it myself when i drafted david price from the tigers after i made the pick i noticed i had a combined season. i contacted mr cubbie who ruled i could not make a new selection, that was fine it was my fault so i used his partial. point i am trying to make is the owner should not benefit from this by getting to use combined seasons. i would suggest mr cubbie assign him 2 players rather than him cherry picking 2 players. some of you may not agree with my position and that is ok.
9/11/2019 7:37 PM
I would like to add that if allowed replacements will need to noted in the draft thread as add/drops (for transparency).
9/11/2019 7:49 PM
Jonathan Papelbon...and my roster is legal awaiting Mr.Cubbie approval.
9/11/2019 7:55 PM
Drew Sutton
9/11/2019 8:01 PM
Ronsouth1 has a reasonable idea, although I don't think we're suggesting allowing combined season. As it happens, some relatively non-disruptive changes might be possible to DarthDurron's roster without crippling his team or leaving other owners feeling gypped.

In place of Charles Johnson, DarthDurron could use his Mets pick, Todd Hundley, as his number one catcher and choose a back-up backstop from the Angels.

?In place of Mark Teixeira, DD's Yankees pick Paul O'Neill played some 1B in several seasons. DD will still need a second 1B or another OF with a decent number of at bats on account of the DH. I'd rather see him get that than to struggle throughout the season.

9/11/2019 8:07 PM
I voted Yes but would also prefer some sort of compromise than allows replacement players to be selected without that being a wide-open option to select anyone.
9/11/2019 8:20 PM
◂ Prev 1...48|49|50|51|52 Next ▸
Franchise Draft 2.0 - Official Draft Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.